Going to college?

Forum: Learning Disabilities and Special Education

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Learning Disabilities and Special Education LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2007, 05:06 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Do your kids plan to go to college?

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 15th, 2007, 01:46 PM
dbltrbl's Avatar Veteran
My daughter's elementary school psychologist, who normally has been supportive, met with my daughter and me "officially" for a final time at the beginning of August. She was suggesting vocational school for her, perhaps as a baker or cook. And maybe she'd get a "special" diploma from high school. Gee, let's shoot for the stars

She had passed the state 5th grade exam for math but not reading.

My other two children want to go to college. I would love for Lizzie to go to college, even if it's just for a certificate course from the community college. Her 4th grade teacher had 2 LD boys and they both graduated from 4 year universities. She told me to have every expectation that she will go to college also.
August 15th, 2007, 04:37 PM
sawing's Avatar Veteran
I think I've already posted about this in another thread, but I'll repeat it anyway.

Brandon, who has moderate to severe dyslexia, is leaving in two weeks to go to a technical college in Indiana. He will do a 15 month program to be certified in Diesel Mechanics. He is not a 4 year college type of kid, so we didn't push him in that direction. We did make it clear that we expected him to go to college, but we let him choose what type of degree or training to get.
August 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My sister, Veronica, definitely wants to go to college. I worry about her success with her memory issues, but I will do everything I can to help her succeed (is that spelled correctly, I'm too tired to check ) when the time comes.
August 16th, 2007, 06:15 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
My daughter's elementary school psychologist, who normally has been supportive, met with my daughter and me "officially" for a final time at the beginning of August. She was suggesting vocational school for her, perhaps as a baker or cook. And maybe she'd get a "special" diploma from high school. Gee, let's shoot for the stars [/b]
Wow! That would have gotten me really upset. Maybe if she was her own kid she would have more ambitious goals.

Quote:
I think I've already posted about this in another thread, but I'll repeat it anyway.

Brandon, who has moderate to severe dyslexia, is leaving in two weeks to go to a technical college in Indiana. He will do a 15 month program to be certified in Diesel Mechanics. He is not a 4 year college type of kid, so we didn't push him in that direction. We did make it clear that we expected him to go to college, but we let him choose what type of degree or training to get.[/b]
Yes, you did. I guess I brought the same thing up twice. I think this is terrific!

Quote:
My sister, Veronica, definitely wants to go to college. I worry about her success with her memory issues, but I will do everything I can to help her succeed (is that spelled correctly, I'm too tired to check ) when the time comes.[/b]
You sound like such a great sister!

Quote:
Do your kids plan to go to college?[/b]
I don't know about this yet. My kids are too young to really think about that. My son thinks he is going to be Peter Pan and never grow up. LMBO.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 17th, 2007, 03:52 PM
dbltrbl's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
My son thinks he is going to be Peter Pan and never grow up. LMBO.[/b]

LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search