~~~~***Roll Call***~~~~

Forum: Learning Disabilities and Special Education

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Learning Disabilities and Special Education LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2007, 09:12 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please add yourself to our roll call so we know who's here.

I am Jennifer, wife to Nate, and mommy to Alexis. Alexis is 5, with a visual impairment, autism, moderate MR, and global developmental delays. She is in special ed kindergarten.
October 24th, 2007, 05:22 PM
lblackst's Avatar Super Mommy
Lisa- mom to 12 year old Candice with LD, 7 year old Rodney with Down Syndrome, and 10 month old Kristian. I'm also an LD special education teacher.

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
October 25th, 2007, 11:45 AM
dbltrbl's Avatar Veteran
I am Judy, mother to Lizzie who is 12 and has LD. She is dyslexic, has CAPD and ADHD and is homeschooled beginning this year. I have a son, Stephen who is Lizzie's twin who goes to a traditional school and another daughter, Sarah who is 15 and gifted.
October 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am Judy, mother to Lizzie who is 12 and has LD. She is dyslexic, has CAPD and ADHD and is homeschooled beginning this year. I have a son, Stephen who is Lizzie's twin who goes to a traditional school and another daughter, Sarah who is 15 and gifted.[/b]
How do the twins handle the differences between them in regards to their schooling? Are they really close, or not so muc since they are different sexes?
November 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Regular
I am Colleen, Mother of Nathan 7. Nathan had a TBI when he was 3 and now has generalized brain damage and is legally blind.
December 6th, 2007, 10:32 AM
sawing's Avatar Veteran
I'm Stacey, mom to:

Kayla, 21, (Elementary Ed Major)
Brandon, 18, LD
Nate, 12, SLI and OHI (ADD) and
Hannah, 9, SLI

I am a teaching assistant working with 5th through 8th grade special ed students.
January 29th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Regular
Indigo, mum to alot of children, but in regards to this board specifically, Eudoxia, 10 who had dyscalculia.
March 19th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Regular
Jennifer, mother to John age 6, current diagnosis PDD-NOS and ADHD... subject to change at the discretion of the doctor! Honestly, I believe John is autistic but we haven't been given the diagnosis of such yet. He was born on time but was sick... meconium aspiration, not breathing at birth, extended stay in the NICU... brain damage, etc! He is so much fun, so loving, and just great all over!
March 23rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
my2babies9806's Avatar TTC #3!!!!!
Hi. I'm Natalie, mom to Tanner age 9 1/2 who is in 4th grade. He is in special ed and has an IEP. He's been dx with ADHD, ODD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Explosive Anger Disorder, and depression. He also has a mild learning disability and a 1 minute processing delay. It took me over 3 years to get all of his testing done and meds in order, but now things are actually going pretty well.

DS born 4/24/98 - 41 weeks - age 11yrs
DD born 9/6/06 - 39 weeks - age 2 1/2 yrs

8 total losses: 7 first trimester & 1 second trimester

TTC #3!!! Wish us luck!!

April 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM
dontcallmedotty's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to dontcallmedotty Send a message via MSN to dontcallmedotty
My name's Heather (29), & I'm a mom to a 6 year old boy (Michael) who was recently diagnosed with ADHD. We have our first appointment on April 21, 2008. I'm nervous, but not deathly afraid. I know this is something we can most definitely get through.

July 12th, 2008, 04:20 AM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
My name is Andrea (34) and I have a son, Sam-3, who is developmentally delayed/language impaired. At this time he does not hit any Autism markers, but we're keeping it at the back of our minds.

While he is 3 (in a week anyway), his receptive skills show him at 17 months and his expressive skills at 12 months.

July 27th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm Brooke,mom to Blake(11) who has PDD-NOS/ADD and Madeline(5),so far so good with her not having any kind of learning disabilities.

~~~Thanks Patty(pattyandthemoos)for this great siggy~~~

September 10th, 2008, 11:05 AM
monkhester
I'm Georgia (47), mother of Nate aged 3 with development delays and high frequency hearing loss. He is progressing so much since he came in our lives August 01, 2007.
November 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Newbies
Aimee, Mother of Madeline, 1 month, no issues so far, but am a LD teacher interested in what is going on and helping if needed.
December 3rd, 2008, 02:15 AM
Veteran
My name is Julie, I will be starting a tutoring job tomorrow for low level readers. I will have 6 students. I am excited. My degree is in Special Education.

January 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
SGoodknight's Avatar Newbies
Send a message via AIM to SGoodknight Send a message via Yahoo to SGoodknight
Hi Everyone,

My name is Susan Goodknight and I'm a wife to Justin for 11 years now and mother to 3 children. We have 2 N.T. children Hunter and Trinity. Hunter will be 7 in March and Trinity will be 4 in February.

Blake is our special boy! He will be 9 in March.

Blake has severe SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder) with Autistic Traits as well as EVAS (enlarged vestibular aqueduct syndrome) that causes deafness in most cases. Fortunately he only has EVAS in his right ear but currently has 90% loss and requires the use of an aid. Aside from this he has also been diagnosed with Global Developmental delays with Expressive Speech and Language Disorder.

Though he is nearly 9yrs of age he only comprehends that of a 7 year old. He is in Special Education and is doing wonderful since being placed there mid last year. He has a wonderful teacher who honestly has a true gift for teaching the special needs.

I'm looking forward to getting to know many of the other special needs mommies on here because if you are anything like me you can always talk about your special child.

My 2 N.T. children are wonderful! Hunter because of his brother’s issues is so kind to others with needs as well. He is the child who makes it a point to play and protect others with needs. He is our wild child though! Nothing like Blake as Hunter is very outgoing and loves to be a stunt boy!

Trinity is our pink angel. She was our blessing after we were told we could have no more. She has completed this family. She is such a girl though! So different than her brothers.

Ok, sorry for rambling! We'll chat soon.
Rising Star ~ Western Division 2008

Work From Home
Visit My Website
January 5th, 2009, 10:33 AM
dotcomkari's Avatar Bianca, Kai & Asia's mom
Send a message via AIM to dotcomkari Send a message via MSN to dotcomkari
My name is Kari, my son Kai is 2 and a half and has Autism. He will start Early Childhood in April when he turns three, and will take summer school..and will continue in Early Childhood in the fall.

THANK YOU Claire for Siggy! WE LOVE IT!

Kari, Proud wife to Raymond (8.16.03) proud mommy to: Olivia Katherine ( born still 3.5.00), Bianca (12.23.03) , Kai (4.28.06) and Asia (7.14.08)

Proud Member of the :
Children With Special Needs, 2008 July Playroom, ASD Board, Stillborn Baby Board
February 9th, 2009, 06:38 AM
QueenBee of 5's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to QueenBee of 5
Hi my name is Yolanda Mommy to Marco who is 6 years old, he will be 7 in May, and has severe to moderate Autism. He is in First grade and has summer school. we recently had his 3 year evaluation done at IEP meeting this year and he is still in the 24 month stage mentally which is fine more work and he has made great progress!!!! He doesnt talk but he is working on a computer pecs thats speaks for him and he is begining to catch on to it!!! right now we are working on potty training. he is starting to catch on to that too!!
May 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am Angela, I've got 3 kids and one on the way. I am joining this board to learn as much as I can. I am planning on teaching special education once I graduate.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search