Casey's journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2008, 06:52 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
So I got a + on my OPK today. Which means I'll O either today or tomorrow.....Right on schedule from last month. I O'd last month on CD15, so this fits right in. As Becky said in hers, the Clomid seems to be helping by keeping things on track. I actually saw the changes in my CM this month, and usually I don't notice it. So hopefully all this BDing we are doing will help, since I'm not sure what the next step would be....fingers and all other crossables crossed.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 24th, 2008, 02:38 AM
So I got a + opk the last two days and my temp spiked this morning. I guess I must have O'd yesterday. This is a good thing. Hubby and I got in a lot of BDing, so hopefully this will catch me some eggies!!!!!

casey cochran melanson
September 26th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Yippee!!! I'd O'd on CD16, Tuesday, just like I thought. I don't see anyplace on FF to put in DH's increased sex drive...lol....hopefully we are able to catch that eggie this month. I would love to move into the new house knowing I can work on a nursery......

casey cochran melanson
September 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Working on a nursery in the new house would be FABULOUS Casey!!

September 28th, 2008, 03:09 PM
So now I'm even more depressed about not coceiving. Our other best friend couple are now expecting. So both of our friend couples are pg. The two guys and my DH are like the 3 muskateers......So now I'm really hoping that this month worked because I don't think I can handle this anymore. I just want to crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep....it doesn't seem to bother DH from what I can gather, but I don't think he knows how much it bothers me.....I'm so glad I have this forum and you gals to vent to....thanks for listening again....

casey cochran melanson
September 30th, 2008, 03:16 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there, Casey! I'm keeping all my crossables crossed for you and we are all here for you!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 30th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks Becky. I've been going crazy these last few days not being able to get onto the site. DH and I had another disagreement last night. He wants to start looking into IVF seriously now. I'm not if I can handle it. We really will probably only get one shot because of the money, and I'm not sure that I could handle the disappointment. I suggested that maybe we try the IUIs first, and not go so drastic. I saw what my friends had to go through with their IVF, both times, and I'm not sure I'm strong enough for that, mentally. Then he said what was probably the worst thing he could have said, but wasn't really aware of that at the time. He said that maybe we should just back off for a little while and not think about it. Then see what happens. YEAH RIGHT! Doesn't he understand that there is no way that I could put TTC out of my mind for any long period of time. Especially with both friends now pg. Sometimes I wonder if he really understands how upsetting this whole thing is to me. He says he does, but I'm starting to wonder. I tried for 4 years with my ex-(not so d) H to have a baby and it never worked. We found out that it was probably due to the endo, but by that point we were done anyways. So now, here I am again trying and it's still not working. Oh well. I'm glad that the forum is up and running again so I can vent to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading.....

casey cochran melanson
October 2nd, 2008, 06:39 AM
So I've been looking at my charts from this cycle and the last one. The temps seem to be steady, almost identical each of the last few dyas this cycle, so I'm wondering if I need a new battery or a new BBT. Not sure. Maybe my temps are just starting to steady out. I guess if this isn't our month, then I'm going to have to go into the doc and talk to her about my options. DH doesn't really want to do IUIs because 1) no insurance coverage and 2) there's not guarentee that it will work, because we don't know which side I'm Oing from each month. So an IUI would be a waste if I'm Oing from the right side. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the doc says. But I'm keeping my crossables crossed for you other girls....I still can't believe how many of us are close.....

casey cochran melanson
October 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
So tonight we had dinner with our friends that had IVF. They told us everything that they went through from the start to the end. They have been through it 2 times, so they are experts in my book. So I guess if AF shows next week, I'll be making an appt with their doc and talk to her about getting things going for us. I want to do it now, because the beginning is a month on BCP. I wanna get that out of the way!!!

casey cochran melanson
October 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM
So yesterday my temps took a nose dive, way down under the coverline. Today they spiked back up way over the coverline. Yeah it was a little warmer in the room last night, but not much. I was going to test tomorrow (12dpo) but I think I'm going to wait another day or two, just because I want to see what my temps are going to do. If they stay up for the next 2 days, then maybe Monday when I get up in the am, I'll test. If not, then I'll probably be making a call to the doctors.....either way.....

casey cochran melanson
October 6th, 2008, 04:21 AM
So my temp dropped again below the coverline today, so I am thinking that this month is probably out. I talked with my "IVF success" friends and they said that I should call my doc and have her set me up with an appt with the RE then I may get in quicker. But talking to DH last night, he wants to give the Clomid another shot...We'll see what happens. I'll talk my doc this week sometime and get her suggestions....I'll KUP....

casey cochran melanson
October 7th, 2008, 02:46 AM
So the temps went even lower this morning. So I'm pretty sure that AF is on the way here....probably by the end of today or tomorrow morning. Oh well....I guess I'll call the doc today and set up something for later this week and talk with DH and see what he really wants to do. I'm still not sure that I can mentally handle the IVF procedure, especially if it doesn't work the first time. Because right now, that's the only shot we got....oh well...I'll KUP.....

casey cochran melanson
October 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
So I've been looking at my charts from this cycle and the last one. The temps seem to be steady, almost identical each of the last few dyas this cycle, so I'm wondering if I need a new battery or a new BBT. Not sure. Maybe my temps are just starting to steady out. I guess if this isn't our month, then I'm going to have to go into the doc and talk to her about my options. DH doesn't really want to do IUIs because 1) no insurance coverage and 2) there's not guarentee that it will work, because we don't know which side I'm Oing from each month. So an IUI would be a waste if I'm Oing from the right side. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the doc says. But I'm keeping my crossables crossed for you other girls....I still can't believe how many of us are close.....[/b]

Hey, Casey. Hang in there hun! First of all, I'm sure your IVF friends have told you that IVF has no guarantees, same as IUI. The IUI is less expensive than IVF, I realize that your insurance will basically cover 1 (which is AWESOME!). But, seriously check into the IUI. From what I understand, the Clomid may help you O from both sides with bigger, better and possibly more than one egg (verify that with your doctor tho) so the right side thing may not be an issue. Just wanted to give you my 2cents worth on trying for IUI. Double check what all of the costs are that are associated with the IUI. With me, they would do folliscans for several days before the actual procedure, so if I'm wrong and you don't O from both sides with Clomid then the scans would be able to tell if you're Oing on the right side and if you are then don't continue with the procedure.

October 9th, 2008, 05:19 AM
So I guess this cycle didn't work either. AF showed wtih a vengence this morning. So now off to the next one. Going to the doc tomorrow for a baseline u/s and we'll see what that says. Start my next round of clomid on Monday now....

casey cochran melanson
October 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM
So I talked with the nurse today at the obgyn and I told her that I want to try the IUI this month. She was calling me to tell me that my appt with the RE is on Dec 1st. But that is sooooooo far away for me. So I guess I'll try the IUI in the meantime and maybe I can cancel the other appt.

So I have my u/s tomorrow and we'll go from there. I may not be able to do the IUI this month because the nurse wasn't sure what the doctor wanted to do. The doc wasn't planning on seeing me tomorrow. She was just going to have the tech do the u/s and make sure everything was okay. So who knows.....I'll KUP.......

casey cochran melanson
October 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Okay, so I updated everything in a post, but figured I'd write it in here too. The doc is doing IUI with me this month. I started my Clomid last night (and I am truly exhausted!!!). I don't remember any of the other s/e, but I did fall asleep right away. That was good. I'll take the doses til Friday night. Then on Monday, I go in for my folliscan to see how many and how mature my follicles are. My trigger shot is coming in the mail tomorrow, so I'll have that ready to go. Then I'll just take my trigger when the doc says so and then get my 2 injections. I'm really hoping that this works, because we are almost done with the house and may be moving in sometime very very soon. I'd love to be able to actually work on the other room as a nursery instead of just a spare bedroom.....

casey cochran melanson
October 17th, 2008, 07:29 PM
So the Clomid is really kicking my butt this month. I don't know why, but I'm extremely tired this time. I try getting atleast 6-7 hours of sleep a night, sometimes more, but it doesn't seem to matter. I'm just as tired from 4 as I am from 9 or so. The RE's office called yesterday and moved my appt up to the 27th of October. So I guess I don't have to wait as long as I thought I would. But I won't know the results of the IUI by then, so I was debating about called back and keeping my appt on Dec 1st. But talking with my friend that went to the same doc, she said that the 1st appt is basically a meet and greet. So I guess I'll keep the new appt and atleast have some kind of plan in place in case the IUI doesn't work. But I'm really hoping that it does. I'm trying to be positive about this, but sometimes when I see someone else that is pg, or my sister brings up the upcoming baby shower for her step-daughter, it's hard. But having you guys around to vent is always a great thing. I look at the site every morning when I get up and every night when I should be going to sleep. Thanks for being there you guys!!!!

casey cochran melanson
October 19th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Okay, so I'm not sure what's up with my chart this month. Instead of looking like a fertility chart, it looks more like an EKG reading....up and down up and down...oh well....my u/s and bloodwork is tomorrow morning and doc appt a little later. Maybe it will help calm me down. I'm hoping that they will be able to tell me exactly what is going on. I know they are going to tell me when to take my trigger and when to come in for the 2 IUIs, but the wait is killing me......this is just like the 2WW.....arrrrrgggggggg.....oh well...I'll post after my u/s if I can get to a computer and then when I get home from work tomorrow night I'll post about the doc appt too.....

casey cochran melanson
October 22nd, 2008, 03:53 AM
Okay, so not only did I have my baseline u/s and bloodwork, the doc told me to take the trigger that afternoon. So I triggered Monday at 4 and had my 1st IUI Tuesday at 4ish. My second is in a about and hour and a half from now. DH wasn't having a great day yesterday and then we had to go to the doc. He was a little red when he left, because he knew that they knew why he was there. He did his part, then I sat to wait for the processing. About an hour later, they called me in and told me to get ready. It's like having a pap, but a little bit more uncomfortable. (TMI warning.....) The doc puts the instrument in like in a pap. Then she inserts a cathater (sp?). As she is looking for one, she realizes that the office ordered the wrong ones. Then says oh well. Then assures me that nothing is wrong because they ordered the tricky ones, instead of the easy ones. So then in goes that, all the way to the top of your uterus. CRAMP!!!!! That's when the cramping started. ANd it hasn't stopped since. All I can compare it to is the feeling I had in my stomache after my last lap. That bloated sore feeling, with lots of pain and gas. But now I get to go do #2 and then straight to work. So hopefully working will atleast keep my mind off the pain for a little while. But we'll see.
But I do need to talk to the doc because according to my chart, I think I O'd yesterday, since I had a HUGE jump in temp this morning. I just want to make sure this is gonna be timed right.....I'll KUP.....

casey cochran melanson
October 22nd, 2008, 05:50 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the update! I was wondering how it went with you. Sorry DH got a little embarrassed. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable today after already going thru it once. You did have a nice increase today with your temp. I wonder if the trigger shots raise your temps. I know when I take the progesterone pills my temp goes up.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search