Casey's journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking you Oed on Tuesday, the day you had the 1st IUI, I didn't think about the trigger raising your temp. But, I thought that was a little early for you to O, then again, the Clomid may have brought your O date up in your cycle. I've read that some doctors, when doin g multiple IUI's, like to do the 2nd one the day after O (or trigger in this case). So, hopefully your doctor timed everything right. Casey!!

October 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
So I had #2 IUI today and the cramping isn't quite as bad, but I still felt yucky all day. Of course fighting off this cold isn't helping any either. According to doc, the reason my cramps were so bad last night was the fact that I was Oing...she was estimating probably around 4am, which was about 36 hours after I took the shot. So I'm not surprised that my temp shot up this morning. I'm still having pains now, but they are starting to go away. Last night was a long night with the bad cramps, little sleep, and the cold. And work wasn't fun today either. But now I'm just waiting waiting waiting.....2 weeks is gonna take forever to get here....

On a side note, it looks like we will be moving into the house next weekend, after Halloween....YEAH~~~~

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
October 25th, 2008, 02:41 AM
So my chart is starting to look like an EKG reading again....lol....temps 97.91 - 97.72 - 97.92 - 97.72...lol....should I take a guess at what tomorrow's will be? Maybe around 97.92??? But I'm just glad that they are staying up. It's 4dpo and I'm just waiting. DH is so excited and wants this to work. He's trying to keep me from stressing too much, although that's a hard thing to do with my work and everything. But I'm trying.....Atleast I got my CH, although FF doesn't have me testing until 13 or 14 dpo....you think I'm actually gonna wait that long?????? lol..... But I know if I test too early, I might get one that I don't like, so I might wait until after we move next weekend....Or maybe just til Halloween...That'll be 10 dpo...depends on if I have any IB or a big dip then up again....I dunno...we'll just have to wait and see.......DH has already asked me if I have a test yet or not.

casey cochran melanson
October 27th, 2008, 04:48 PM
So the appt with the RE didn't go so well today. I won't bore you with the specifics here, as I will post them in the room for everyone to see. Days like this are ones when I wish I could have the computer and internet at my finger tips so that I can jump on here and get a reassuring from everyone. But chin up and looking positive is the way to go. No stress, just fun.....I guess.....

casey cochran melanson
October 29th, 2008, 03:03 AM
So I've pretty much gotten over the whole RE appt thing. I'm just going to not let it bother me anymore. Right now I am concentrating on lower my stress for a few more days until I can POAS. I figure that Monday morning would be a good time, since it will be 13 dpo, if the temps stay up high like they are now. Only 2 hitchs in the plan...(1) I'm working the overnite again this Thursday night/Friday am, so Friday's temp will be a toss out probably. i'm lucky if I can get 3 hours sleep after I get home from the all nighters. (2) And I'll be itching to get more packing done, since we are moving in Saturday!!!! So my temp on Sunday may be off because of sleeping at the new house. So this will be an interesting weekend.

casey cochran melanson
November 2nd, 2008, 04:18 AM
So we have about 80% of our stuff moved into the house now. The only things left are the outside things and junk....Now we get to unpack all the boxes that we just packed up....but my sister is coming over today to help and so is his family. Maybe we'll even get the curtains and shades up today...funny story about last night though....all DH wanted to do by about 8pm (before time change) was take a hot shower and go to sleep....we couldn't figure out how to turn on the stupid shower head....we tried for almost an hour to figure it out. He was at the point of screw it, I'll just go back to the old house and take one. Then my sis showed up and bam...one second and she had the thing on. You have to twist the little piece under the spiket to turn on the shower head....DH almost had the whole thing off the wall...lol....I was a little upset that my sister showed up kinda late,(915pm) but it was worth it....on another note, DH wants me to test this morning....I don't have FMU to use, since I had to get up when I temped this morning, but just as good now I think....lol....we'll see....my temp was way high this morning because of sleeping in the new house....not much solid sleep.....

casey cochran melanson
November 2nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
So I broke down and tested this morning and got a . I'm hoping that maybe it's just too early. With DH getting laid off and everything, we pretty much were hoping that this IUI worked because we are not going to have the money to do another round next cycle or to start the IVF....so hopefully it was just too early. I dunno....If I'm not, then I should start spotting tomorrow or Tuesday if this is like the rest of my cycles. If we get a visit from AF, then we are just going to try the clomid and lots of BDing again for like 2 months, but that puts me on 5 months of clomid and another 6 months since my last lap for my endo.....so who knows. I'm really hoping that we are so I can finish off the spare bedroom as a nursery....

casey cochran melanson
November 4th, 2008, 03:42 AM
(TMI warning....) So last night I had BM and then had red when I wiped. I'm not sure if it was AF showingup, but it was a lot more spotting then I usually get the in the few days leading up to her....So I guess I'm out this month. My temp this morning was elevated again, but I am also fighting off another cold and sore throat. We didn't have any heat at work yesterday, so I think it aggravated the cold I just got rid of. And when I went potty this morning (130am) and just now, nothing but a little bit of brownish. But the cramps are starting up now....Oh well...I guess my TTC journey will proabbly be ending for now. I broke down crying when I was sitting on the toliet. DH heard me and came running in. He is trying so hard to be optimistic. He kept saying don't worry it's not the end of the world. I said, yeah it is for me. That's how it feels. Knowing that we won't be able to do anything else for a long time is gonna kill me. I'm so glad that I still have you guys around to talk to and listen.....thanks....

casey cochran melanson
November 5th, 2008, 03:39 AM
So I am still just spotting and the cramps have gone away totally. I'm still wicked sick, so my temps are way off. Not sure what it happening here, but I'll give it another day or two until I call the doc. I just wish I could get rid of this cold. Atleast I can sleep in a little tomorrow, go to the dentist then come home and sleep, as I have another overnight shift this week. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's just so hard when AF is toying wth me like she is.....I only see spotting if I have BM, so maybe, maybe not. I would really like this to have worked this month because my EDD would be right about DH's birthday. That would be awesome.....oh well...work time....

casey cochran melanson
November 7th, 2008, 06:30 AM
So I ended up coming home early from work on Wednesday because of the cold. Went to the dentist with no voice. They asked why I came in and I said because I was already feeling miserable, so why not. LOL....Then came home and went to bed. Called out of work last night and just rested and tried to sleep all night. Temp this morning was way down and then....Yup. Started to spot again. Wouldn't really call it light flow, as there is nothing really on the liner, but there is when I wipe. Now it's getting a little more color than before. So I guess I am totally out this time. The IUI didn't work. DH is trying to get me to stop broading over it and lighten up, but I feel like my whole world is crashing down on me. With him losing his job, this not working, me being totally sick, how much more can I take???? Atleast I know I can take my arthritis meds for a little while before I stop them again, since I need them so much after being in bed for like 36 hours....Gonna call the doc and set up an appt for my clomid check if she wants to do one and then get my script....I'll let ya know what else happens.....

casey cochran melanson
November 15th, 2008, 08:50 PM
So it's been over a week since I posted. Lots has happened since then. As you already know, AF showed up full force this month. Since I was just spotting, the nurse had me go to the lab to get a blood test done. Of course I start when I get home from the test. CRUAL AF CRUEL!!!! So not only was I fighting off a major cold thingy, but AF was here and bad, and that also meant that my IUI didn't work. So that just kinda ruined my weekend. But things have started to look up. DH's hazmat info came already and he went to DMV to get his license with the hazmat on it. Then went to the place that said that they would hire him when he was certified. Now it has been 5 days and they still haven't called him back yet. But the best news so far is that we finally sold our trailer. We had someone come look at it Thursday and wanted to cut us a check right then and there....So that's one less burden we will have at the end of the month with bills. No more lot rent due!!!! I'm so glad.
So I am taking my last dose of clomid tonight. It really didn't exhaust me this month like it did last month. And I'm surpised with the schedule I've been working. So we're just gonna let nature take it's course for now, until DH has insurance. Then we'll probably start the IVF procedures.....that's it for now....bedtime!!!!

casey cochran melanson
December 3rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
So it's been a few weeks since I last posted in here....Lots has happened since then. I ended up in the doc's office a week after my clomid because of pains, as you know. I was dx with OHSS. My left ovary was very enlarged and I had an 8cm cyst on it. That was last Tuesday. Friday, I had anotheru/s and the cyst was still there and still 8cm. Tomorrow I go for my next u/s to check on it. I'm getting really frustrated. Because I can't do anything, or atleast I'm not supposed to be doing anything because of this cyst. The docs wanted me on bedrest, but I couldn't because of work. I don't have any sick time left and DH still didn't have a job. So I couldn't be out of work. So we made a deal that I wouldn't do any strenuous or lift anything. So it's been a week working like that. I feel like I'm useless at work because there's not much I can do. But maybe tomorrow's u/s will change things.
DH got a job. i'm so relieved. He went in for an interview yesterday and was hired on the spot. The job is seasonal right now, but if a fulltime perm. position opens up, it's his. So atleast our money situation will start to look a little better now. Maybe now that he's on my benefits and has a good paying job, we can start the IVF process. We have a bunch of tests that need to be run first....who knows. I gotta talk to him first.
I'm 13 dpo, but I'm not really thinking too much about it. Not gonna test because I really don't want the aggrivation of the BFN. So I'm just gonna wait for AF to show her ugly head and then deal with it. But I know for a fact that I will NOT be taking any Clomid next cycle. Not after what happened this time. And when we do start the IVF process, they are going to have to watch me closely I guess...oh well...we'll cross that bridge when we get there....that's enough for now, my fingers are getting tired from typing....and my stomache is starting to growl.....lol

casey cochran melanson
December 5th, 2008, 04:49 AM
So the cyst has gone down to about 5cm and that's great news. But that also means that I still have a couple of weeks to deal with, if that's the rate of decline..I guess that I will just deal with it as it goes. We will do another u/s after AF comes and goes to check on it. But no more clomid for me.....

DH can be a real ahole sometimes. So I wasn't going to say anything about this so that it didn't come out wrong, but I have to explain that....I found out yesterday that my littlest sister (the one with an almost 2yo) is expecting another. She got prego this cycle and is due at the begininng of August next year. She didn't want to tell me because it was another "whoops" type situation, but I'm happy for her. But not for myself. So last night after the doc called and told me BFN, I lost it. I was really upset and crying and everything. (PMS, I guess). DH asked what was wrong and I told him that it wasn't fair. That people that want to have babies can't and people that are not trying can. He told me not to wrory, maybe I wouldn't see AF this time and I told him that was why the doc was calling to tell me the blood test came back negative. He said oh and sorry but don't worry about it. Then he proceeded to tell me "What did you expect? You only have half and I only have 1 working, so did you really think that it would work?" and "Well, God made us this way and we have to deal with it." ANd then the fighting ensued....I asked him how he could say that after just saying that maybe I wouldn't have AF and he just said nothing. Then he tried telling me that I should use a donor or have my sister carry for me. I told him that the carrying isn't the issue. It's just getting to that point. That's why the IUI was a good idea. Then he started about how that was just more money that the doc could get out of us, etc etc etcI stopped talking to him for a while. Then he asked me what was wrong and I said nothing. And that made him upset again because he knew something was wrong. This went on for a while. Then I went to bed. He came in and started talking to me again, asking what was wrong, etc etc etc...I tried talking to him and all I got out of him was "Well, maybe it's just not meant to be." I asked him what had changed his mind, because a few months ago he was all gungho about the IVF....Then he made the mistake of telling me that I obssess about it too much. That that's all I think about. 90% TTC and 10% work. never about him. So I told him that that's how I feel about him, that he's not thinking of me either, so what's the difference. (I know that wasn't right, but I was so mad by now). So now I'm not supposed to talk about it at all. No mention of babies or conceiving or anything. I go to the doc to get my cyst checked and my physical and that's all. So now I am under the assumption that all he wants to do now is adopt. We talked about that as our last option, only if the IVF failed. But no I don't think he even wants to do that....Says it'll be April before he will be able to get to the lab for testing, etc etc etc.....I'm sorry this is so long. I just needed to get it out before I start crying again when I see a commercial about babies or testing or anything.....I'm glad I have you guys here to listen....love ya!

casey cochran melanson
December 5th, 2008, 07:13 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, Casey - I feel like driving up to Maine so I can give you these hugs in person - and smack your DH up side the head!!! You poor dear. You've had so much to deal with this cycle that you don't need your DH to act like this to. Hang in there, sweetie. Hopefully this is just the stress that has him talking like this. Maybe once he's in this job for a bit (and hoping that it'll become permenent) that he'll be more reasonable. So, don't give up yet!!!

And we're all always here for you!!!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 7th, 2008, 10:47 AM
So it's been a few days since that horrible day and he still hasn't brought up the subject at all. All he is concerned about is getting rid of the cyst so that the BDing can restart...Only a man would think like that. Me, I'd rather get the cyst gone so the pains will stop....Oh well...This morning, he was saying that he wanted this and wanted that and that he always gets what he wants cause he's the man of the house (LOL). i looked right at him and said that not everyone gets what they want....I didn't want to start a fight, but I couldn't help it...Oh well...He didn't get the hint...

It's now 17 dpo and I'm still only spotting (if you call it that). I can only think that the OHSS has screwed up my cycle, so who knows when AF is coming. I thought that she would have been here already, especially with what the u/s tech said the other day about my lining being so thick....I know that I overrode my CHs on FF, but it still only changed it by a couple of days. My cycles are not usually this long, but that's okay. As long as the cyst goes away....

casey cochran melanson

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search