Casey's journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2008, 04:16 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
So no one has written in here in a while, so I thought that I would start us off again. A lot of us are on the same cycle, so it would be interesting to journal together........

It's CD5 and I will be starting my Clomid tonight before I go to sleep. We are really hoping that this works out for us, as we don't want to go through any more surguries. We think we are finally getting all our chicks in order, as I have the child-friendly car now (got rid of the sports car 3 months ago). We are in the process of getting a house that will be big enough for a family of more than 2. And I am learning (not fast, but learning) to just relax and go with the flow at work, so the stress is lowered. To give you an understanding of work....

I am an assistant customer service manager at a grocery store. Sometimes I feel like I am doing my job and my manager's job. When there is an issue with the department, the store management usually comes to me instead of her. To top it all off, the human resource person is out on maternity leave. And guess who's the only one in the store that is qualified to do her job in her absence. Yup, me. So since I got back to work in June after my lapro, I have been doing 2 jobs, hers and mine. And for 2 weeks in July, my manager was on vacation, so that added another bunch of things to my plate. So for a while, it seemed like I was trying to muss 120 hours worth of work into a 40 hour workweek. Here's where the stress comes in daily. There are days that I am supposed to be scheduled as the HR person. I have reports that need to be run and researched, applicants to contact, interview, and hire, and other things to tend to. My manager likes to take advantage of the fact that I am there and gets me to do things for the checkout that she should be doing. So I was stressing out that everything wasn't getting done......but......

Stress is one of the things that can hurt my chances of a BFP. So I am going to just let everything fall where it will and do what I can. If I can't get it all done, then I can't get it all done.
Sorry for rambling on, but I just needed to really vent that out...

So I will update my journal each day that I have something.....we'll see how the CLomid works out....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 13th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Okay so first dose of Clomid down and away. I am thinking that taking it at night is a pretty good idea. It made me really tired and a little dizzy, kinda like when I would take my oxycodone with my surgury recovery. But I slept until hubby got up for work and then went back to sleep until it was time to take my temp....So we'll see how the day goes.....

casey cochran melanson
August 13th, 2008, 04:29 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Casey, this is a great idea! I'm going to look forward to reading your updates - and I hope this Clomid does the trick for all of us.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 15th, 2008, 04:00 AM
So I've taken 3 doses of Clomid so far. The only major side effects I've had are the tiredness and dizziness. I've had some hot flashes but that's about it. I'm really trying to make a good effort to update FF every day. I've been waking up each morning at 515 just to take my temp then going back to sleep for a little while, sometimes. Other days, that's when I need to get up to get ready for work. I've noticed that the last 2 days have been higher than the other couple, but I'm sure that the hot flashes that I had at night and the roomt emp are affecting that, so I'm not concerned. I'm just waiting to finish the Clomid so that the serious BDing can commence. Like I said in one of my other posts, I am being really greedy for my birthday this year. I want a bunch of for gifts!!!!! You'll got 10 days to make it happen....lol

casey cochran melanson
August 19th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Okay so it's been two days since I took my last dose of Clomid. I started OPK testing last night but nothing yet. I went to the store and bought the stick ones but I also have the cheapies from the internet. I think I'm gonna test twice a day since I work such weird hours that I can't always test at the same time each day. But I'm hoping that I'm only gonna have to test another day or two then stop...we'll see.....

casey cochran melanson
August 21st, 2008, 08:30 AM
So I don't think my temps have been helpful because of the hot falshes I had and the migraine I'm fighting off. I haven't had a migraine like this in a long long time. But oh well. That's what stress will do to you. So far, my OPK's have been negative. I've tested every afternoon when I got home from work. But since I am working the late shift the next two days, I decided that I would test in the am and then again at night when I got home. The line this morning was darker than the last few days, so I'm sure that I am getting ready to O. Can't wait to test when I get home this evening and hopefully see that dark line!!!! I'll KUP.....

casey cochran melanson
August 23rd, 2008, 03:50 AM
So...............I tested twice yesterday and the line was darker than dark in the am and then just dark in the pm. So I told hubby who was more than happy....Even though at first he "claimed" to be too tired to BD. I said "I don't be thinking so!!!"....lol

So I am going to test again this morning just to check. But I'm not sure what I'll get for a result. But I'm pretty sure that the tests were right yesterday. I felt a twinge in my right side as I usually do half way through my cycle, but this time just felt different. I just worry because if the eggie comes from that side, it's wasted because that tube is blocked completely the doc said. So let's just keep our fingers crossed that it came from the left and the right was twinging because it was jealous.....And my temp spiked a lot this morning, so we'll have to see, but I believe that maybe now I'm in the 2WW, but I'm not sure. So I guess I'll just be waiting to see......

casey cochran melanson
August 25th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Ok, so here's the update. Guess what I got for my birthday???? FF has given me CH and that means that hopefully I O'd. According to FF, I O'd on Friday, so now I'm 3dpo. The next two weeks are gonna be a killer for me. Pacing back and forth in my mind waiting until I can POAS for some BFPs. Our best friends just found out that after 2 IVF's they think they are prego. She took 2 hpt and got positives, and now she's off to the doc for a blood test. So maybe her good vibes will come this way!! Keep your fingers crossed and that baby dust coming this way!

casey cochran melanson
September 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
So our best friends' doc did confirm that she is prego, so now I'm really hoping those baby vibes come this way. I've been going back and forth the last couple of days about when to POAS and stuff. I've just come to the conclusion that I'll do one tomorrow just for the hell of it. If not, then I'll try again on Friday if no AF. I'll let ya know what happens tomorrow and then later on in the week....

casey cochran melanson
September 3rd, 2008, 03:34 AM
So I wasn't spotting at all when I got up this morning, so I decided to test just for the heck of it..... and guess what I saw..... Oh well. Guess I'll be calling the doc for some more clomid......round 2

casey cochran melanson
September 4th, 2008, 05:11 PM
So I'm 13 dpo and still nothing. I don't want to test again, because I don't want to deal with the rejection again. I was in such a funk the other day after testing and getting a negative. I've gotten used to the BFNs, but I think it really hit hard since my friends are finally prego and they've been trying and had to do IVF. So now everyone around us is asking when it will be our turn. And the ladies at work that all got prego when I started trying are all starting to return to work and talk about the little girls. I don't mind, but on the other hand I do.

But I usually start spotting for AF a few days before she comes, and I've been pretty regular the last several months, so she should be here tomorrow, but no spotting. I'm not sure if the Clomid has messed up my cycle or what, but I'm still expecting her tomorrow. I figure if I just deal with her arrival before she comes, then it won't hurt as much when she does come. But there's always next month. I'll call the doc as soon as AF comes to get my next dose of Clomid ordered so I can try again. If that doesn't work, then we will seriously have to start thinking about the next step, IUIs. I'm just not sure if it will be obtainable, financially speaking. Gotta call the insurance company about that one.....oh well....migraine settling in, so I'm off to sleep.

casey cochran melanson
September 7th, 2008, 05:17 AM
So here I am, 3 days later and still no AF. Just spotting again. Not sure what is going on this cycle, but it must have something to do with the Clomid. I know that the Clomid gives me a little more estrogen and I am wondering if it is fueling my endo and that's why I'm not get AF like I should be. But it's only the 3rd day of spotting, so I guess she'll be arriving later on today or tomorrow morning. My temp went down another tenth of a degree from yesterday, but that's not much. But it's still a lot lower than it was before the spotting started. So we'll just wait for AF and go from there.....

casey cochran melanson
September 8th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Okay so I guess it's time to reset the chart and start over again. Calling the doc today for another dose of Clomid. AF showed up this morning with a vengence. Oh well. I was kinda hoping for an anniversary presetnt. That maybe she wouldn't show up this month and we would get a BFP. But maybe next month. I always wanted a June baby anyways. DH's birthday is July; mine is August; and our anniversary is September. June fits nicely....

casey cochran melanson
September 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Ok so we went to the urologist today. DH said that I didn't have to go with him, but I wanted to anyways. I'm glad I did. In a nut shell, this is what we found out....

It's not just me. Yes my endo is playing a big part in our fertility problems, but he's got some issues too. His counts are low. I guess they like them to be 50mil-100million, and he's only at like 25.5 mil. Also his motility is lower than they want. And like me, he only has one working side. I guess his left side is just "hanging around" and not doing much. (Must be the male side.) So we are going to have another SA done and they want to do a FSH (?) test to make sure that his brain is telling him to make sperm. The doc was very nice and explained everything to us. He is going to send a copy to my GYN too to let her know. But as of right now there is really nothing that we can do medically to help him. So we are fighting these issues along with the fact that I have one tube blocked and endo and O problems.

ALso, called the doc today and they want to do an u/s before they give me mroe Clomid. They want to make sure that there are no cysts on my ovaries before I start again. So this is how I spent my 1st wedding anniversary. Working and going to the urologist.....Then we went to dinner and got out our wedding cake and had some and man it was good!!!!! After I have my next doc appt I will update....

casey cochran melanson
September 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Casey, I have to go find it again but, there's a post on another board about "naturally" increasing DH's sperm counts and mobility/motility. When I find it I'll post it on the board. I think Hallie's looking for something like that too. So, in the next couple of days I'll go look for it.

September 13th, 2008, 07:59 PM
So I took my first dose of Clomid last night for the 2nd cycle. I don't know if I had any side effects or not since I fell asleep within like 10 minutes. So I guess it made me sleepy??? I have been feeling very tired today and had to take my 2nd dose a little later than I wanted because of getting out of work late. But atleast I took it. Now I'm heading to bed and sleeping for a few hours.....

casey cochran melanson
September 17th, 2008, 03:39 AM
So Clomid is all done for this cycle. Didn't have too many side effects this time. Only the fatigue one. That has made it hard the last few days with taking the clomid and trying to work and get work done at the new house too. But I've survived. Tomorrow's a day off so I might even sleep in until 8...lol...
Calling the insurance company tomorrow morning to see what they cover and don't just in case this cycle doesn't work. Not giving up hope though. I'm already planning what I would like to do to the room at the new house that is to become the nursery eventually.
My chart is looking kinda weird this month compared to last month. But I think some of that may have to do with the fact that last month it was a lot warmer in the house and maybe that's why temps were higher. But I'm not sure. I guess I'll just start testing for O in two days and wait and wait and wait and wait..............

casey cochran melanson
September 18th, 2008, 04:21 AM
So this entry is just going to be for venting.....I'm so tired lately, especially since taking the Clomid. We are working non-stop it seems like. Between our regular jobs and the new house stuff, it seems like I fall into bed every night just totally exhausted. The worse part is, I really want to make this TTC journey work, but I'm wondering if it's really going to because of the fatigue. Things are so stressful with the house and work and everything. My stress level at work has come down some since this summer, but I'm still stressing.....It makes me feel a little bit better knowing that I can just come on here and vent. Atleast I'm not holding it in anymore....Thanks for letting me get this out....It's my day off from work, so I'm off to the new house to do more painting and who knows what....

casey cochran melanson
September 19th, 2008, 07:24 AM
So I guess if I were to title this entry, it would be called Disappointed....

I just got off the phone with the insurance company and they do not cover IUIs. They do however cover GIFT and ZIFT. ZIFT is the procedure that the urologist spoke to DH and myself about thinking about trying it. But I read a little on both and they both say that they are not suggested for women that have blocked tubes. So now I'm not sure what I am going to do. DH says that we can come up with the money for the IUI's, but that's 360 a month to try that. And that would all depend on which side I'm O'ing from that month, since the right tube is blocked. And I told him that we really don't have the money for it anyways with the new house and still having the trailer rent to pay on top of the mortgage. So I'm really down in the dumps right now, thinking about this. i posted a question on the medical assistance board to see if anyone over there had any mroe information. I guess I'm just gonna go get something to eat for breakfast and then just do some more reading...thanks again for letting me vent....

casey cochran melanson
September 19th, 2008, 07:59 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about the ZIFT or GIFT procedures myself, so I hope you get some answers from the Medical Assistance Board. Those ladies are very nice & supportive.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search