Becky's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2008, 04:31 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Casey's suggestion of starting a journal - so I'm copying-catting here. (I hope you don't mind, Casey )

As a short & sweet intro, Iím Becky (34), DH is Tony (also 34). Weíve been TTC #1 since January which has been 5 very long cycles and just starting cycle #6. After trying unsuccessfully to get pg, I went to see my doctor and he has prescribed Clomid.

Itís CD8 for me, and Iíve taken 3 doses of the Clomid so far. Iíve been a little tired and a few dizzy spells here & there, but donít really know if that is from the medicine or just from what I was doing at the time. Yesterday afternoon and continuing thru the evening I started having these strange cramps/twinges in my groin area Ė and it was painful to walk. I called the advice nurse last night, who after speaking with the on-call doctor, did not think it was caused by the Clomid. So, Iím just to keep an eye on it & let them know if it gets worse or doesnít go away in a few days. Of course with being sore there, BDing will be uncomfortable so I hope this goes away soon!!! I do feel some better today and can move around easier so I may just have pulled a muscle or something yesterday without realizing it. Silly me . . .

My next dose of Clomid will be this afternoon @ 1:00, and tomorrow will be my last dose. I donít know when to expect to O, but I do have some OPKs and Iíll start testing with them. Hopefully . . . (Iím keeping my fingers crossed here) . . . this medicine will work and we can get that BFP.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 14th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Nothing much to add today other then I'll be taking my last dose of Clomid this afternoon. Those cramps did finally stop and most of the discomfort is almost gone, so thankfully it didn't seem to be related to the Clomid. I'm already noticing an increase in my CM, and I'm hoping that's a good sign that this medicine is working. I'll start testing with the OPKs today, and have already put DH on "notice" that we need to get to BDing. And as luck has it, work has gotten very busy for him lately and he's been working 12+ hours days (and bringing work home) this week so he's exhausted by the time he crawls into bed. Typical for my luck . . .

August 19th, 2008, 05:12 AM
I finished the last dose of Clomid last Thursday and thankfully did not have many side effects to deal with. So, now I'm just waiting to O and trying to get some BDing in. This week is going to be hard as DH is so busy at work and is leaving the house by 4am and not getting home until after 8pm. The poor dear. I started testing with OPKs but so far I've not had anything close to a positive. I hope I O soon, this waiting to O is the worst part for me.

August 20th, 2008, 05:57 AM
I'm here - still in the waiting to O stage. I feel like 90% of my TTC journey has been waiting to O. I'm really hoping the Clomid works for me and that I O sooner then I usually do. My temp dropped some this morning, and I'm still fighting this cold. And of course DH is still very busy this week - we're driving separate to work this week as he's leaving the house by 4:30 and not getting home until close to or after 8:00. This makes it hard to get BDing in too. I know there's nothing he can do, but I still want to pout & fuss.

I'm usually a very patient & mellow (even tempered) person, but have found with TTC this other person keeps appearing.

August 21st, 2008, 03:50 AM
Still waiting . . . yes my temps rose quite a bit this morning, but my cold is much worse today and I got very little sleep (kept tossing & turning most of the night) so I'm sure the temp spike is not from Oing. Typical for my luck, I took the pills & DH is working long hours & I get sick. . .

August 25th, 2008, 12:19 PM
And I'm still waiting to O . . . but it should be sometime soon. I finally got a positive OPK on Saturday, then again on Sunday, & today too. My temps haven't gone up yet so I'm still waiting, but all the other signs are there too including what I guess are O pains. I'm getting some sharp, stabbing feeling pains alternating between the right & left side of my abdomen. With me being so sick (and I'm still not 100% healthy today), and with DH working so much we haven't gotten in as much BDing as we wanted to but hopefully it'll be enough. I have had a big increase in fertile CM so hopefully that along with the Clomid will get us that BFP!!!

August 30th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Okay, it appears I finally did O this week! Yay! FF has me Oing on CD20, but if I discard the temps of when I was sick & on Monday when I got very little sleep FF moves the O date to CD19 or CD21. So, I'm just leaving the CD20 as is since it's right in the middle and just assume that I O'd sometime between CD19 to CD21. I'm going to try to hold out on testing until Sept 9th which will make me anywhere between 13-15 DPO. I don't have much willpower, so we'll see when I actually do test. I also don't know how long my LP will be. Before Clomid it was consistently 11 days, which is a little on the short side but I also ended up only really dealing with a 1WW instead of a 2WW. My doctor said the Clomid should lengthen my LP by a few days, so we'll have to see. FF has my last cycle me having a 16 day LP but I had taken provera to bring on AF so I'm sure that is the reason.

As far as symptoms during this 2WW: My temp dropped slightly this morning, not alot and appears to be normal as I typically had a stairstep look to my previous charts once I O'd. I'm not having any IPS yet as it is much too early, but I'm sure they'll start appearing next week. (our minds do like to play tricks on us . . .)

September 2nd, 2008, 05:46 AM
Nothing new to really add, just still in this 2WW. I'm either 7-9DPO depending on when I O'd. (FF has be at 8DPO.) This 2WW seems to be just dragging on & on & on . . . Have I mentioned that I'm getting tired of waiting???? Oh, well I'll just keep myself busy and try not to think about it too much.

For the rest of you ladies who are going to be testing this week, I hope to see some BFPs!!!!

September 5th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Okay, it's on to 2nd round of clomid for me. My temps started dropping over the past few days (looking eerily similar to previous charts) so I expected and got AF on my doorstep this morning. (I'm going to try to chain her to my side these next few days so she'll leave the rest of you ladies alone, ok???) So, I contacted my doctor about the next cycle and had to go into the office today for another u/s. He found some cysts on my left ovary back in July and wanted to see the status before he'll prescribe another round of clomid. [What's strange about the u/s is that in July he could only see my left ovary, and today it was the same thing. He still isn't too concerned about it, but it makes me wonder. . . ] Anyway - the cycts were unchanged so he's increasing me from 50mg to 100mg and we'll see how next cycle goes. He will only do 3 cycles of clomid and if we're unsuccessful, he refers to a RE at that time as he feels that's all he can do for infertility.

With the RE, DH & I were talking about that today, and really hope these next 2 cycles are successful. If not, we're going to have to probably switch insurance companies and go to the plan that covers infertility costs 100%. I'll end up losing my doctor (who I thoroughly trust), but this current plan only covers 50%. So, everyone keep their fingers crossed for us that these next 2 cycles will work for us. I have open season in October to early November to sign up to switch the insurance plans which is effective January 1st. If we don't switch on open season, we have to wait until the next year (October/November) to switch again. The other plan is @ $500 more expensive per year for the premiums as well as office visits & prescriptions costing more but it's still less then us paying our current rates and 50% of some of these infertility costs. Today he had the office visit coded as annovulatory instead of infertility treatment. So the u/s cost me nothing and the clomid was $5.00. Last visit, I had to pay $90 and more for the clomid. I really hate the thought of switching plans and doctors, so hopefully we won't have to . . .

So, I'm trying to stay upbeat although I was a little down the past few days seeing the temp drop. I know my time will come!!!!

September 9th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Today is CD5, and I'll start the 2nd round of Clomid this evening. I took the 50mg during lunchtime, but decided to start the 100mg in the evenings in case I ended up having side effects. So, I'll have to see how my body manages the higher dosage. I'm keeping all my crossables crossed that these next 2 cycles work for me. . . .

I realized today, looking ahead, that if I O about the same time on this higher dosage @ CD19 and my LP is still the 11 days I should be testing in early Oct. DH's b-day is Oct 9th, so a BFP will be a great b-day gift for him!!! And our anniversary is on the 14th, I can't think of a better anniversary gift!!! And my Mom is visiting us from Sept 26 thru Oct 12th and DH's Mom comes back home Oct 28th - it would be so amazing to be able to tell the 2 of them in person instead of over the telephone!!! So, wouldn't this be a wonderful month to get that BFP???

September 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It would be a FABULOUS month to get a BFP!!

September 13th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I will be taking my last dose of the Clomid this evening, and then I wait to O. It shouldn't be that long, if I'm like I was on the previous Clomid cycle. On 50mg, I O'd on CD19. Let's see how long it'll take me on 100mg. I've been very lucky with side effects again, only a nagging headache. I'm thankful for that. Once I know that I've O'd, my doctor suggested I call his office and go ahead and schedule the u/s appointment (count ahead 12-13 days from O). That way if this cycle isn't successful, I already have the appointment scheduled. He won't prescribe additional dosages of Clomid unless he does an u/s each cycle. If we get the BFP, we can always change the appointment. If I wait until the cycle ends (which is what I did last time not knowing he wanted to do an u/s each cycle) the they have to try to be squeeze me in and I ended up being at the office for over 2 hours.

Now for this cycle, I'm considering doing the following:

OPKs - For this cycle, I haven't made up mine yet if I'm going to use them or not. I do have a couple tests at the house, and I may end up using them. If so, I'll start tomorrow on CD10.

BDing - DH & I are trying to BD every other day. Last cycle with me getting sick, and DH's job going crazy we weren't able to BD that much at all.

Exercising - I'm getting myself in gear and plan on getting on my treadmill every other day. I am not on any exercise restrictions other then to not start out doing 10 miles running the 1st time. I can work my way back into the routine, and my doctor really stresses walking. Besides needing to lose some pounds, and it's best for overall health to stay active, my doctor also said it could help me with getting pg and during pg. 1st - he said, it'll get the blood moving down there as I'm not sitting down all day and that "may" also help get the ovaries working. 2nd - this will be a huge benefit to me to continue once we are pg. So, my pact to myself is to get my butt in gear and exercise. Now I just have to stay motivated . . .

Come on everyone, I want to see some BFPs for all of us, let's stampede that June DDC!!!!

September 18th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Here I am on CD14 and no O yet. It'll probably be like last cycle and O around CD19. That's fine, as DH & I weren't able to BD much this week due to water leak issues at our condo.

We had water leak issues at the condo we own that is rented and it took from Sunday to yesterday to find & fix the leak. Lots of late nights, and I ended up having to take most of yesterday off work. Next week, the repairs will start on the bathroom wall & tile work so that'll also be a hassle. I hate being a landlord at times. But with the market crashing over the past year, we currently owe more on the condo then what we can sell if for, so we're stuck. Luckily this repair is completely covered by the Condo Association as it is their water line, but it's still a hassle coordinating with the tenant and then taking time off work to meet up with the plumbers & contractors. I have a great tenant, so he doesn't have a problem with me being in the unit without him there so that's one relief in all of this. He was considering buying the condo from us, but he wants it for $20,000 less then what we're willing to sell it for. And even at our selling price, we would still have to come up with $15,000 at settlement to pay off the difference of what is owed on the mortgage. Ouch!

We had some time for ourselves last night and were able to get some BDing in. Yay! Now, we just wait for my body to O. I feel like I'm always waiting and waiting . . .

September 21st, 2008, 06:24 PM
Here I am on CD17, and I got a positive OPK today!!! Yay!!! Last cycle, I O'd the very next day so I may O tomorrow or Tuesday (CD18 or 19) which is pretty much the same time as last cycle. Yay, it's so nice to start having normal length cycles. I don't usually like to take meds, but the Clomid at least seems to be working with my cycle length, and also for my CM (***TMI****). For the last 2 cycles, I've been having alot of the EWCM which is unusual. Before I would get it only occasionally. That's got to be good too, right? My O pains are primarily on the left side this cycle. So, hopefully I will be in the 2WW soon!!!!!

September 25th, 2008, 08:39 AM
CD21 here, and I'm very positive that I O'd on CD19 - just the same as last cycle. So, it looks like Clomid is working, at least as far as giving me normal length cycles. I'll have to wait & see if my LP is extended beyone 11 days. Anyway, tomorrow's temp if it stays high should give me those CH's. Yay! And we got some well-timed BDing in too. Yay too!!

Then I get to wait . . . and wait . . . and wait.

September 26th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Yipppeee! I got my CH's, so I O'd on CD19 (Tuesday) as I suspected. I don't quite know why I'm so much more excited this cycle. I know it seems silly, and I don't even really want to say it out loud much, but I feel more positive about this cycle then my previous ones. So, now I wait. My 2WW will be more like a 1WW, as my LP is a short 11 days but I still need to be patient. LOL!

I expect to see alot of other CH's popping up today on our charts!!! Good luck to all!

October 2nd, 2008, 05:18 AM
Here I am 9DPO and my temp has dropped these last couple of days so I'm not quite sure what to think. I was feeling so hopeful this cycle, and now I'm just now sure. I guess I'll find out in the next couple of days. I've been so busy with my Mom that today is the 1st time I've started looking at my chart. Her medical emergency was good for one thing - distracting me during this 2WW.

October 2nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Keeping crossables crossed, Becky.
Chanting "Stay Away AF. . . Stay Far Away".

October 3rd, 2008, 04:25 AM
Thanks, BethAnn! I need all the help I can get to keep that ole witch far far away!!! My temp went up slightly today, so I still don't know what to think. Tomorrow is 11DPO and AF usually will show on 12DPO, so I may end up skipping testing tomorrow and just wait until Sunday. Normally my cycles are very consistent on these last few days of previous cycles, but this time it just looks different. . . hmmmmmmmm. . . afraid to hope too much and will just wait and see.

October 4th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm out this cycle. I started spotting last night and it has continued all day today. It is a little odd in that I rarely ever spot before AF arrives. I got a little excited at first yesterday thinking it might be implantation bleeding, but I think that usually only occurs for a little while not over a day. And then my temp dropped this morning too, so I fully expect to wake up tomorrow with AF on my doorstep. I'm a little down about it as I had my hopes up for this cycle, and I really wanted to be able to share the good news of a BFP with my Mom while she was up here with us and was looking forward to greeting my Mother-in-law with the news when she came back home from Greece (on Oct 22nd). I know they'll be thrilled whenever we get pg, so I guess it's just me that's extra disappointed this cycle. DH could tell it bothered me more and was a sweetie all day to me. Oh well, it's on to the next cycle for us. I already have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Monday as he wants to do an u/s each month to monitor the cysts on my ovaries before prescribing another round of clomid. He'll be upping my dose to 150mg this cycle, so maybe that'll be the dosage to work for us. After this last round if we're not successful then we'll be switching insurance plans that will be effective on January 1st. The new plan will cover infertility costs more then the current plan so we've decided if we don't get pg off the clomid with my current insurance and doctor, we will switch plans and then wait for a couple of months before seeing a RE and go from there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search