Beth's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I just realized I have been really slack about journal writing as of late. It is just that there are so many emotions inside me and they are all warring to see which ones come out first. I decided to continue logging my temperatures, although I decided to let the VIP membership to FF go because I was getting too obsessed with looking at the signs numbers during the 2WW. Already this cycle I have had a meltdown, but that was because everywhere I turn this not so nice pg woman is there and I find myself getting upset and tearing up because she is due in May and she is a rotten human being, yet she gets a baby and I want to jump up and down and scream "Why is life SO unfair???!!!!" DH keeps telling me that she will end up with a mini her and all those people who said "I hope you have a child who is as horrid as you are" will get their wish. He is great about making me smile.
We are now hoping for a November baby. There are no November birthdays on his side of the family and the only one on my side is my youngest goddaughter (who is 12 going on 25) so that would be a good month. It is far enough from Christmas that they wouldn't complain like my sister Becky did that people didn't get her as wonderful a gifts as they would have if she hadn't been born three weeks before Christmas. We have four birthdays on my side of the family during December and one on DH's side of the family so while that would be a busier month birthdaywise, we would still be glad to have a little Christmas star.
Hopefully I will get better about writing in this. It does make me feel better.

March 8th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I got the but now I am spending all my time scared that I will wake up and s/he will be gone. I am just so terrified that I won't do something right.

June 5th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is completely off topic, but as I have said before, I use this journal to rant.
I am sure that I have mentioned a time or two that my mother, sister and aunt all work at a daycare center back in NC. Well, they had a meeting last night with the 'money man' from the community college where the center sits. Long story short, there were three layoffs. My sister, Becky, was one of them. Two of our other friends were also laid off. The layoffs were based on who made the most money.

My sister has a degree in education and is licensed to teach any grade from pre K to grade 6, so she was paid based on her education. She is taking it well since she said that the effective date isn't until the end of July and after that point, she will be getting unemployment and may be offered the chance to go back to school. She said she would pursue a master's degree if going to school is offered.

One of our other friends didn't really make that much money but the money people considered that she was getting a special rate for her three daughters (all preschoolers) as part of her salary which meant she was actually making more than anyone else. The other friend is a bit stressed because even though her husband works, he has some medical issues and she is concerned about insurance if he has to go out on medical leave.

My mom and aunt have put in their notices at the day care effective the first full week in July. They were ready to retire anyway and they said that since Becky wouldn't be working there after July, they may as well retire. The two of them are the openers at the day care center which basically means they are the ones who are at the center before 6 am to get ready for the children whose parents bring them at opening (6 am). The only reason they didn't give a shorter notice was that the director of the center (who feels horrible about the layoffs) asked for time to get another pair of openers hired and trained. She knows how hard it will be to find people who are dependable about opening the center since if they call in, she has to come and open the center.

The only reason that anyone is upset about the situation is that they are planning to replace the three teachers with temporary workers who may/may not have any training in child care. The college said it would be more economical because they would be paying these temporary workers not much more than minimum wage.

There are lots of the parents who are upset by changes that will be occurring because Becky teaches the four year olds and their children were looking forward to having Miss Becky for a teacher. My little sis has quite a reputation for preparing little ones quite well for kindergarten and they know that the temporary workers won't be equipped to give the same quality of education to the children as trained, licensed teachers would be.
I just wonder how much of this has to do with a desire by the college to close the center so they can get the money from the endowment that was given to the center (interest yearly off a million dollar endowment actually) by the estate of one of the people that the center is named for. I guess that money would help them fund some more trips for staff and their spouses/partner of the moment to go on 'conferences' at Atlantic Beach.

Anyhow, enough of my ranting. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

June 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Beth, I'm sorry this is so upsetting for you. I can totally understand why you are. If I were one of the parents with my child being taught by Miss Becky...I'd definately be complaining to the money guys. Also, if they close the center doesn't that stop the endowment that goes to them? I would think it'd have to stay open for them to keep receiving any money. sweetie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search