Marie's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 03:27 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, Marie - this is so exciting!!!! These little boys would be so blessed to have a home with you. When will you know more?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
April 22nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW! Marie! This is so exciting!! Becky's right, they would be so blessed to be home with you and DH! When will you know more? So, if this goes thru are you going to go thru with the IVF? If you do, when that works you'll have 4 kiddos in your house a year from now! That's almost an instant family!! I can't wait to hear more.

April 22nd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Veteran
Keeping you in thoughts and prayers Marie! That would be so wonderful!!

Nancy

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain
April 22nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess there's a meeting on Monday btwn the family and the hospital. FIL told his co-worker that we're coming down to visit this weekend, and the family can meet us if they want. FIL said the co-worker said they want to give the babies up for adoption, but don't want to "give them away" to the govt system as they'll likely not get any follow up. That they want to babies to go to someone local or someone who'd keep in touch just to make sure the babies are okay. Of course we'd do that. We live 7 hours away, but we visit every 2-3 months and of course we would send pictures and updates. What if we got the boys, and they decided the 2 year old would be better off with his siblings? I'd have two 2 year olds and two infants; I could have a show on TLC! FIL was gonna call his buddy last night to confirm our interest. We're going down there tomorrow for the weekend, so I'm hoping to hear over the weekend. Imagine, I could be bringing home two baby boys in the next few weeks! Or, this could all fail and I'll move onto IVF in June. If I brought the boys home, there is no way I'm moving to IVF; I'll probably go on bcp! I wanted more kids, but three under the age of 3 will be enough for a few years! Is this why my Clomid and IVF failed? Was I meant to have these babies and give them a wonderful life filled with travel, french immersion preschool, trips to Disneyworld and Europe, summers filled with camping? And if they had developmental issues, we'd be prepared to deal with those; we could have bio babies with issues, you never know. This is almost too perfect, I've been praying what works out best is done for those baby boys, even if we aren't meant to have them. Thank you ladies, I'll KUP!

Lucky mother to five!

April 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Marie! How exciting!! I hope this works out for you!

April 23rd, 2009, 03:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Crossing everything for you Marie!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 23rd, 2009, 06:56 AM
I can't wait to hear how your weekend goes. This is so exciting!!

April 26th, 2009, 07:43 PM
We just got back into town. We met with the grandparents (legal guardians) on Friday night, and we went to meet the boys in the NICU today They are so sweet! Their names are Theodore and Arthur, named after both grandparents. We need to speak to the social worker tomorrow to arrange a meeting this week; we need to speak with the neonatologist before we make our decision, but if we speak to them and the one test is clear, we're good to go! It sounds like we'll be made legal guardians pretty quickly, and the babies *might* be tranferred here to out city to gain weight to come home. That would all have to be arranged. We'll be speaking to a lawyer tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be going back on Tuesday for a meeting with the neonatologist and social worker, then see about the legal stuff!

Lucky mother to five!

April 26th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I forgot to say, the boys were born on Feb 28th at 28W 3D-they were just around 3lbs. Looks like they're identical, but we'd need DNA to prove it. They're still on tube and bottle feeds; it felt so good to hold them

Lucky mother to five!

April 27th, 2009, 02:52 AM
KaseyMI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG Marie! What a whirlwind! I am thinking of you guys and hope that all works out. *HUGS*
April 27th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great Marie! I hope it all works out!

April 27th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Wow Marie!!!! This is a whirlwind, and it sounds like it's all coming together!!! Keep us posted!!!

April 27th, 2009, 07:48 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Oh wow. Marie, I so hope this all works. I really think this may have happened for a reason, you will be such a great mom to these boys!!

April 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM
DH is at work this morning; I just spoke with him and he's been stalking the NICU social worker. I think she just went for a pee, and is now going on rounds Hopefully DH will speak to her soon and find a neonatologist to call him and explain/repeat a head u/s on one of the boys. If that is clear, we'll push for a meeting for tomorrow afternoon; we are a 4.5hour drive away. DH called the NICU, the boys had a good night and are stable. I'm going to go take my winter tires off the car this morning, wait for a call from the lawyer, and start cleaning out the spare room! These little men should be home by their EDD which is May 21st-wow! Please pray this u/s is fine, then we can fully agree to take these little guys on. I'm already in love. I'll post pics once we hear back from the sw and neonatologist.

Lucky mother to five!

April 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
This is wonderful Marie!! I'll keep your family and these little guys in my prayers!

April 27th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Nadine, and everyone else!
We'll go see the boys tomorrow, we have a meeting at noon with sw and neonatologist, and DH is speaking to an adoption lawyer today. Grandma is signing over consents to us today at 2pm for full medical disclosure. We'll hopefully know by this afternoon if the one test needs to be repeated or if its normal.
I can't wait for our next snuggle

Lucky mother to five!

April 27th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I don't know if I mentioned this, but about a month ago I had a dream in the early morning. I was holding three tiny baby boys in my arms and I was looking down at them while they looked up at me. I remember saying to myself, what am I gonna do with three little boys? Hopefully I get to find out

Lucky mother to five!

April 27th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Marie, I am so excited for you. I actually remembered that dream when you brought up the twins and thought wow that is so perfect. I have my fingers crossed for you. How do you think Nolan will react to being a big brother?
April 27th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Nolan's right into babies at this time, so I think he'll do great-it'll be a big adjustment for all of us, but we'll be okay

Lucky mother to five!

April 27th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Marie, this IS sooooo exciting! I hope and pray that it all works out for you, DH & Nolan!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search