#1 for Rebecca Please

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hi Girls
I'm Rebecca (33) DH Maurice (34)
From Ireland.

We have been TTC since Aug 08 by trying it the natural way Just BDing whenever we felt like it and hoping for the best. but I started to think we have to be doing something wrong so I googled "trying to conceive! and this site came up.
Everyone seemed really friendly and supportive so I decided to join.

The advice I've been given has been great so far. I bought my 1st OPK and started a chart.

My C usually is around day 27 so I'm guessing I should O on day 13. Hope that's right. I think I have that right anyway. If anyone is used to charts have a look at mine and let me know if I'm charting right and what ye think.

I've made an appointment to see my dr ( who is also a really close friend of mine). Just to make sure there is nothing medically wrong.
I had my blood taken. My dr wanted to check my estrogen.
This tests for the level of follicle stimulating (FS) hormone of your cycle. FS is responsible for the maturation of 15 to 20 eggs in each ovary every cycle.

Anyway She rang me and mine is at 12.5 (15 to 20 being good)
She's going to take blood again this month just to make sure. That depending on the date the blood taken some coluld have died off so she's going to take blood 4 days earlier in my Cycle.
She said not worry about it. But of course I am freaking out...

DH keeps trying to cheer me up but I know I'm going to stress out untill I get new results.

I went into a health shop and explained about my levels. She gave me:

Female Liquescence: This is recommended for a range of female hormonal related imbalances. one teaspoon to be taken twice a day after food.

And also She Oak "bush flower " : 10 drops 3 times a day.
An Essence which is very beneficial in overcoming imbalances in and bringing about a sense of wellbeing in females. It will benefit women who feel distressed about infertility. It removes those personal blocks that prevent conception. It can also be used in conjunction with Flannel Flower which will help remove karmic patterns hindering conception. The fruit of this tree is very similar in size to a woman's ovary.

I'll keep ye posted on if it works or if I start to feel any different. Ah well it can't hurt anyway... I've been taking them nearly a week now.

I woke up yesterday feeling very sick Couldn't move far from the toilet and had an awful headache and hearth burn (which I never get) and I'm sooooo tired, 0 energy.
Feeling better today but sill really tired and Hearth burn.

Hope it passes coz I'll be O tomorrow I'd say ( the line on OPK is getting darker everyday)
We're hoping to BD tonight and tomorrow coz DH is going to Scotland on Thur until Mon so fingers cossed I O today or tomorrow.

Ok thats my rant done for a while.
Sending out baby dust to everyone TTC at the moment.

[SIZE="3"]

May 19th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope your FSH results come back higher this time. It would have been hard to hear they were a bit low but at least you are looking into things so you'll have a better chance. Is dh going to get a sperm test too - can't hurt to check on both sides?

Anyway, glad you're getting the OPKs out - I have read a lot about how much higher the chance of success is when a couple is aware of the right time in their cycle to conceive. Good Luck!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 19th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Thanks. Mr Doc said that if my levels come back ok then she will test DH sperm next cycle if we don't get or
So fingers crossed.

[SIZE="3"]

May 19th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Becks, double check some of the stuff the health food store suggested....there are some things that should not be taken in the 2ww of your cycle. I don't know about the things that were suggested (I'd never heard of them ) so please double check on them. As for you FSH test.....what day did they take the blood? Normally that is done on CD3 of your cycle and needs to be under 10 at that time. If it's higher than 10 then that means that your body is trying too hard to produce follicles and it could mean that you have a low reserve of eggs left. I'm not trying to put a damper on your spirits, just trying to give you some more advice. Good Luck, Hun!

ETA: I looked at your chart...even tho you don't have another one to compare it to...it does look like you will O in the next day or two So, definately get as much BDing in as you can to catch that eggie. Also, I noticed that you are taking Evening Primrose Oil....that is one of those things I mentioned above that should not be taken in the 2ww. So once you've got O confirmed, I'd stop taking it.

Last edited by Jessica C; May 19th, 2009 at 06:45 AM.
May 19th, 2009, 08:39 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for starting a journal Becks! I find it therapeutic to write it all out at times.

I'm not sure if the tests are different from here in the US and in Ireland. I had my FSH ran on CD3 back in February, and I think I also remember my doc saying that they preferred a number under 10. I don't recall what my number was. What day in your cycle did you have the tests run? Also, I do recommend the S/A as well. It's best to get you both checked out.

and I also agree with Jess that it does look like you'll probably be Oing soon!!!! I'll keep all my crossables crossed that you can catch that eggie before your DH leaves for Scotland.

Good Luck!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks girls. My Doc said they need to take the test 7 days post O. so around day 21. She's taking bloods this time on day 18. They said that levels should be over 15 and mine was 12.5. but maybe it'll be higher on next test. Maybe it's done different over in Ireland or maybe it's a different kinda test.

In the health food shop I asked her about taking them after I O and before I get BFP she it they are fine to take while preggo. They won't do any harm. I rang my doc and told her I started taking them she said they won't do ant harm either.
Thanks Jessica. I'll stop taking Evening primrose oil. I didn't even think to ask about that when I was talking to my doc or lady in the health food shop.

DH will be home from work soon and I've a lovely dinner ready for him before I drag him upstairs for BDing....

"Come on Eggie you know you want to stick"

[SIZE="3"]

May 20th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Ok so I got a + OPK this morning. We BD last night and will also BD tonight. I have EWCM and cramps but my temo hasn't gone up not sure what that means???
I usually gat bad O anf AF cramps since I han an ovarian cyst a few years ago.
DH is all excited about us getting preggo. he's even coming up with different names every day. Some are very strange indeed...

I'm just after finishing doing the "Titanic the Musical" which was so good and I miss all the gang, But I'm off for a few weeks before we start rehearsals for our next musical. I'm just teaching a few dance classes over the next few weeks. So I'm hoping that I will know if I get A BFP before we start.
I'm thinking of taking a back seat for the next show just in case but if I get a BFN I'll need something to keep my mind off it. I'll just have to wait and see.

I have to say everyone on this site has been great. I feel like I can ask any type of Question and nobody will thing it's strange. I am now going to start scrap books which is something I've never seen and nobody in Ireland does. God hep me I'm sure my 1st will be awful but I'm sure it'll be fun...

[SIZE="3"]

May 20th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When you actually O your temp will spike up and stay up. I hope with all the BDing you and DH are doing you can catch that eggie! That's too funny that he's coming up with names already I'm glad you checked out the supplements and if they are ok to use...both with the store AND your doctor. The test they run here that's done about 7 days after O is a progesterone level, not FSH. Boy, things must really be different there. But, you could always ask about having the FSH done on CD3 (provided you don't get a BFP anyway). That's cool that you are in musicals! I suggest that you keep doing what you've been doing, you could always step down later if necessary. YAY for starting to scrapbook! If it's not really done much in Ireland, you'll probably have a "fun" time finding supplies....but that's what's so cool about the internet.........you can get anything!

May 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Maybe I picked it up wrong and it was for progesterone level, not FSH. I'm not used to all the terms yet.
I'll have to ring my Doc and ask her. I'll also ask if she can do a FSH test on CD3 if I don't get my
Jessica I want to thank you, You have been the world of info better than any doc.
I'll let you know what my says tomorrow.

[SIZE="3"]

May 20th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you, Becks! I guess ttcing for so long has it's good points.

May 21st, 2009, 03:43 AM
Jessica I rang the Doc and I had got it wrong it was the progesterone level that she was checking and that was low. She said she already checked my FSH and everything was ok there.

We didn't BD last night DH was so tired after work he fell asleep straight after dinner. But we BD before he went to the airport to Scotland. He's gone now till very late Sunday night. I really hope we caught that eggie before he left.
My temp went up this morning and I got a - OPK . Still have EWCM but not as much. So not sure what day I O'd.

Anyway I'm home alone for the weekend but it's going to be a busy one. I've a 30th birthday party on Fri night. My Niece/Goddaughter's communion on sat and Sat night I've a fancy dress 30th birthday paty. I'm going as Jessica Rabbit from (Who Framed Rodger Rabbit) so at least it will keep my mind busy and stop me thinking if we caught that eggie.

[SIZE="3"]

May 21st, 2009, 03:54 AM
I'm glad you feel at home here with us & of course you can ask any question. Between all of us, one of us has probably gone thru it, thought about it, etc and we all pitch in with answers/advice/suggestions. We're like a family here!!!!

and Yay for starting scrapbooking!!! I haven't been scrapping that long, and I learn something new every day. Basically anything goes, and you'll find that your style will change as you go along. Try not to get overwhelmed at first, and just tell the story from your pics. My weakness is journaling. I really don't like my handwriting, and don't journal on alot of my pages. I try to handwrite as much as possible, but it's also perfectly fine to type up your journaling (the story) and print it out for the scrapbooks. Check out the scrapbooking links and just have some fun with it. Keep us posted on what you can find in stores and can't wait to see your first pages!!!

Good luck & I hope you caught that eggie!!!

May 21st, 2009, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Becks, I'm going to have to say that I think FF will give you those CH on the day you got that positive OPK. I could be wrong, but you had a pretty good spike in temp. If it stays up for a couple more days then it looks like you had some great timing in there. Good Luck! Enjoy your party!

May 22nd, 2009, 08:54 AM
Ok something not many people know about DH.
He suffers from Depression and has done for years but he's on meds and doing fine. When we got married in October and really started TTC he got it into his head that he didn't want his meds to be the cause of us getting BPN. So without telling me he just stopped taking his med's.
Anyway you can't just stop you end up getting major come down's like being a drug addict. So he ended up going into hospital for 6weeks after we got married.
He's back on his meds and doing great again. Back to work, Back training.
I still worry about him. He's away now till Monday and I worry that he's taking his meds. I'm sure he coz he got such a fright when he stopped taking them. That was probably why I didn't fall asleep till 4am this morning.

I also wonder if his tablets have anything to do with us getting BFN. If AF shows up again he'll be getting sperm tested.
I can't talk to people about it as no one knows he has depression only my best friend and his brother.
He is so excited about becoming a dad. Fingers crossed for a BFP this C.

[SIZE="3"]

May 22nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't heard about those types of meds messing up his spermies. You could always google that kind of stuff and see. But, as a warning, be very careful of what you read on the internet about this kind of stuff. Make sure you check out sites that are reputable....major hosptials and universities are best. KUP on what you find out.

May 26th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Double post sorry

[SIZE="3"]

Last edited by Dóchas; May 26th, 2009 at 03:23 PM.
May 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM
posted again sorry

[SIZE="3"]

Last edited by Dóchas; May 26th, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
May 26th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Well I'm 6DPO and I can't figure out my temp's it's going up them down then back up and this morning there was a massive drop. I've heard a few people talking about implantation dip's. Also today I was feeling quite tired all day and a bit sick & I have cramps as if AF is on the way but it's way too early for that I have a regular 26/27 day cycle and I'm only CD19.
I know I promised myself I won't try and pick at all feelings. but it's hard when all you think of is TTC.

[SIZE="3"]

May 27th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Your temps do seem to be jumping & dropping in temps. Do you sleep with your mouth open? Has the temp been varying in your room at night? I've found those things to affect my temps before. Also, are you taking your temp in the same part of your mouth every day? That to will make a difference with me, so now I stick the thermometer in the same part every morning.

Good luck!!!

May 27th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search