45 and TTC. Looking for women who are walking this path to walk to walk with.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Regular
My name is Samoy.

I am 45 years of age. I am married 10 months to the love of my life.

We are working on expanding our family to two children. My husband has an 8 year old son.

I had a blocked ovary, endometriosis and four fibroids ( both of which I didn't know I had). They have all been dealt with. :) My doctor said for my age, 45, my reproductive organs are in good shape, have no idea what that means. :mad:

I've aged out of my insurance plan for IVF. So, my dr. said we'll try the natural methods first. He keeps going back to my age as to why I'm not pregnant and every time he says that I crumble into a million pieces inside. It usually takes weeks to recover.

Last month when my period came, I literally fell to the floor and fell to pieces. My heart, soul and being just crumbled and a howl rose from within that I've never heard. It was the loss of our baby. I don't know how to handle next month when my period comes again. I don't know how I will handle it or face my husband, who spent all of our money on his relatives who are praying I don't get pregnant. They are three miserable wolf pack women, with the oedipus complex, two sisters and a step mom. I'm decreasing their impact on me, so I won't mention them anymore.

I'm start my first round of Clomid treatment next cycle. I don't know how I'm paying for it, but I am.

I feel all alone but determined to have my baby regardless of what my doctor or anyone says. AND I will find a way to get a cycle of IVF.

I WILL GET PREGNANT AND WILL BE A MOM TO MY CHILD! :D

I'm looking for a support group to hear your stories, support you and am looking for support as well.

Thank you all in advance.
Samoy
March 11th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
I'll be 49 next month and still hope for one more pregnancy. I'm single, so it's not been easy!!! (The quickest way to run a guy off is to say, "I want another baby")

I don't know if you browse around at all, but the TTCMA group has a "recipe" that has been very impressive...Geritol (tablets), lemon water and other things...check it out...I think Brandi has it stickied in one of the pink forums...

Good luck and God bless!!!
Hugs from Houston!
Dawna
March 11th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Typed a book and deleted the darn thing...

DHEA is supposed to improve egg quality.

Soy Isoflavins are like clomid. (You're supposed to double the dosage tho.)

Geritol tablets - they used to say there was a baby in every bottle

Lemon Water - juice one lemon and drink in a glass of water once or twice a day
***don't heat the lemon first as that defeats the purpose. Found that out the hard way!!!

OPK's are your best friend!
EPO = Evening Primrose Oil (horrible taste afterwards!) but works
B6 is good for you

All this stuff can be found at WalMart!
May 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hi! Just turned 40 and have been trying to have another baby for a year. Have a beautiful five year-old who asks for a sibling every day. Never thought I would be the mom of an only child. One round of clomid, but I can't do it; I can't do ultrasounds and shots every month; I just can't.
However, I am dying inside. With no one to talk to about this (besides my sweet husband) who is being so brave, and with family who are so worried about my age, I feel like I am carrying the heaviest weight. Sorry for the "woe is me," but I have been reading secondary infertility sites and crying and just need to get it out there.
What is OPK? What is DHEA? A B6 pill? Where do I find soy isoflavins?
I thought, when I got my period last week, after five months of infertility treatments, that I was done; that I could just be okay with being her mom. But, as the days leading up to ovulation approach, I want to "try" again. Every test has come out fine and last month everything looked "great." I know I am supposed to listen to the universe, but this has leveled me.
Just looking for a few companions who understand.
June 2nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
These are vitamin/herbal supplements that can be purchased at online or at some different stores...WalMart, GNC, Walgreen's, etc.
June 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
I must apologize...I've been answering these posts but not really reading the first post. I did read it and have to ask if anyone has talked with you about the HSG. It's the surgery that clears the tubes. My niece had issues, had the surgery and is now 15 weeks pregnant. Since your body is still in "good shape" I would think this might be an option...

I hope you get that rainbow baby!!!
June 6th, 2011, 12:40 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
We are in the same boat together. I'll walk this journey with you. I am 41.5 and have wanted a baby for 10 years. My SO wasn't ready. Well now he is and we've been ttc for 5 months and it's not happening.

It's gut wrenching to me too everytime my dr tells me it's my quaility of eggs and I just need a 25 year old egg donor. WHAT? I am healthy, I O every month...... come on! How can this be?

I would love to have one of you to talk to as well.

Gretchen
December 28th, 2011, 11:11 PM
How are things going?

Hope they are going better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search