Love or hate them

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Do you love the holiday season or do you dread the thought of it?
Love it! 18 60.00%
Hate the thought! 7 23.33%
Other 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2005, 09:10 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
With so many people having in-law issues and other relationship problems, the holidays can be a stressful time. I was just wondering where everyone stood on the upcoming holiday season.
November 9th, 2005, 07:24 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Originally posted by in_mommy@Nov 8 2005, 11:10 AM
With so many people having in-law issues and other relationship problems, the holidays can be a stressful time.* I was just wondering where everyone stood on the upcoming holiday season.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I see I'm the only one who hates it... I try ever year not to get worked up about it. But every year it's the same thing.... no plans from my side of the family until last minute and DH's need to know Dec. 26 what's happening for the next one... We have no kids and it's already an issue about taking our dog to the in-laws so I don't even want to travel to their place.... let's not get started on the money situation...
November 10th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Madylyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Madylyn Send a message via Yahoo to Madylyn
I love the holidays so much. We've been living away from our families for years now, so though between the 2 of us we have at least 6 invites to holidays each year, we usually stay away from home at holiday time, which is very hard for us. Last year was perfect though: my parents came to visit us for Thanksgiving, his came for Christmas as a last minute surprise. I didn't get to see my mom, but I don't see her too often.
All in all I love my families, love the holidays....our families all live in the same city, 16 hours away from us but my inlaws are wonderful and I am very blessed to have so much great family!

Check out my pics & my blog!
November 13th, 2005, 10:27 AM
wind_ryder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wind_ryder
My family has never celebrated Christmas (they are Baha'i although I didn't take on teh religion after the age of 13). So I'm used to not having teh decorations, the presents and most of all the stress. But I do enjoy walking through the malls and hearing the xmas songs and seeing the pretty lights and decorations. Plus I get to benefit from the after holiday sales
November 14th, 2005, 06:31 AM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
I love the holidays it gives me some time to spend with my family I get to see them a lot already but I really get to spend time with them a lot during the Holidays.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

November 15th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Veteran
I absolutely dread the holiday season. Everyone else stays at home and expects me to come out. I can not stand the question "So what are you guys doing for the holidays?". We have my husband's family and my family, who are completely split up so I have my mom, my dad and grandparents wondering what I'm doing. I'm also divorced with a daughter so that creates a bigger catastrophe.
November 18th, 2005, 04:31 PM
mrobinson
I feel your pain sister... my parents are divorced and my step mom's family has expections... along with DH's.. yuck!
November 19th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Veteran
I love the holiday season. But I don't like the fact that we have 3 places to visit. My mom, dad and his wife and DH's parents. Then factor in that the IL's live out of state and will travel in for Christmas day and that day is really hectic. I usually have to go to my dad and his wife's on christmas eve and the rest is done on christmas day. I wish I had a good 4 days to do it all.
November 19th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyInWaiting Send a message via MSN to LadyInWaiting
The holidays were never a fun time around my family. Fights..police...need I say more?

Also a few of my thanksgivings were spent in a Pizza Hut as a young child.

November 21st, 2005, 11:25 AM
Regular
I love it! My IL's are tough to get along with but nothing will ruin my holidays!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search