What am I to do. Something neighbor did

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
Actually I am not sure what neighbor did this. Well on Sunday I see this plastic garbage can on our property area. The kind with wheels. Not the garbage can cart thingy the city sells. Just some smaller type from a hardware store. It was heaping full of bags of garbage overflowing the top just about. No lid on the can. I thought who the heck put that there. It's not ours. I wheel it over to the house next to us by their garbage area. put it in front of the garage of this house. Well no one parks in that garage. It's just a workshop space. So this morning this can was closer to our house and dumped over. Mind you garbage collection day was on Wednesday. We were told when you got a city garbage cart. You can't put garbage next to the can other than the bag of recyclables or bundled up cardboard recyclables. And no other garbage cans can be used. So I can understand that can not being emptied. As the houses on both sides of us and including us have city garbage cart cans. Pretty much 95% of the houses by us have the city garbage cart. The house across the alley from us does not. Today they had tons of bags of garbage piled up in their property area by the garbage area. So who knows if that can was from their house. And they pushed it across the alley hoping the city would empty it. So all that spilled garbage bags I stuffed in the garbage cart at the house next to us till it was full. A couple bags would not fit in that cart. I few of them bags were not tied up that good. There was cans mixed in with the regular garbage. I seen some of them cans were of Mexican food items. The upper apartment next to us and that house across the alley have hispanic families living there. So I figured it had to be one of them houses. Dh thinks it's the house across the alley. As the bags of trash in their garbage area looked similar to the type found in that can left near our house. Of course I never seen anyone put that can there. So I can't accuse anyone of wrong doing. We got raccons in our area and one big fat possum I seen last week. They always rip through the garbage looking for food. Then that scattered garbage will just attract rats and mice and other rodents. I guess it's call the city yard again to complain.
November 28th, 2005, 12:48 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Did you ever find out who did it??
November 29th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
No never did. But the house directly across the alley from us. They have tons of garbage bags garbage piled up in their parking area at the alley. I am thinking it was them. That they were trying to make some of that garbage go away. Well that can left by us is gone. Whatever bags spilled that I put in the garbage cart next to us is gone. I have not gotten any letters from the city saying we had a mess of garbage all over. But it still makes me angry someone would put their garbage in front of our garage like it's ours.
November 30th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Veteran
This happened to us one time. We live out in the country and have to pay for our garbage pick up. We are the only people on our street that do pay and the rest just either burn their stuff or take it to the dump once a month. Anyway, we have to take it up to the top of our road which is already a PITA and one time someone put their trash out up there and left it there for like a month. I called the trash service and told them it wasn't our's and not to pick it up and they never did. It finally just disappeared on it's own. I guess thet person who left it there finally got the hint. I can't stand people who don't know how to pay for a service or take care of their trash themselves.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search