Vent....

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
short_n_swt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been working at this company now since Oct 07. I am one of 4 supervisor's there, and at first I really enjoyed being there. Now I hate it, it's literally like hell.
My manager is racist. How do I know this? Because there are 4 white people, 2 black people and the rest of the employees are Indians. I know, you're thinking 'maybe their qualified more?'. Nope, they can barely speak english. Still not sure? Well they get super special treatment.
So many things are wrong with the company, and everytime I contact head office, I seem to get written up for nothing (literally) right after. My hours have been cut drastically, and when I ask why, he says part time employees have seniority over full time I've never heard of that...
I feel like I have nowhere to turn and even the assistant manager is struggling there. I have no idea where to turn, because I am fearing loosing my job right now. Not to mention, it's going to be quite difficult for a very pregnant woman, to find a job now....I have no idea where to go, or what to do?

April 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I cant think of the agency off hand that deals with this sort of thing for the life of me!! I have been trying to think of it since the day you posted this!!!! I am sorry I just cant remember!! Sounds like they are creating a hostile work environment. (((HUGS))) I hope you can get through this!!! I will keep trying to remember what the name of the agency is that you can contact!
May 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
baby in arms....

its actually illegal for a superior to talk down to or treat an employee badly, can lose their job. Its one of the subsections, i would look it up for you or i can try to find out. Call the labour board maybe?

May 9th, 2008, 08:58 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, call the labor department.

Also, though it may seem like giving in to them, put your resume together and put feelers out for a new job. This is not an appropriate work environment and you should not be getting written up for reporting incidences at your job. this way, after the baby is born, you will have a starting place. But this is not appropriate at all.
May 12th, 2008, 07:32 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How are things going now??
May 18th, 2008, 01:54 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Actually, retaliation for you reporting problems to the head office is illegal. The Department of Labor needs to get involved. According to law there should be posters with the number posted in your office. If there's not, that's one more thing to report when you get the number. Good luck!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search