My sister..

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
My younger sister (22) has a HUGE attitude problem. Last weekend, she bought a 2008 Chevy Impala for a really decent price. $15,000 new. I told her in a JOKING way that she should have gotten a Nissan. I was kidding. I don't care what people drive. She works about 30 minutes from home and the Impala's are bad on gas. I told her about my Versa and how much I paid and the gas mileage. Again, I told her it wasn't a big deal because it's all personal taste.

I left the comment on her MySpace. I woke up this morning to a message that was worded something like this:

"You know what, I'm an American girl and I'm going to drive an American car. Something you can't do. (I own Nissan's.. more reliable!!) You need to stop interfering in my life. Just because you can control Heath's (DH) life, doesn't mean you can control mine. You think the whole world revolves around you!! That felt so good to say."

This comment pissed me off because she claims that I control my husband's life. I don't. He does not stand for that childish BS. She knows nothing about our relationship. We live in Phoenix now and she's still in Wisconsin. I hate it when people try to insult others by calling them controlling. I never act like the world revolves around me. I'm the opposite of that. I hate people who are like, "ME ME ME. all about ME!!!!!"

My sister has bi-polar I think. She just gets really nasty mood swings for no reason. She acted like a little brat for our wedding, too. It really ticked me off. When we went to the salon to get our hair done, she wore a shirt that said "F Yeah!" It had the whole "F" word spelled out. It was so white trash.

She's just an ungrateful little kid who needs to grow up.

Hubby & I had a miscarriage last weekend and she didn't even say a single word to us about it. Instead, she decided to insult me over a JOKE!! I hate immature ADULTS like her. It's like, why can't you just learn the difference between a joke and seriousness? Then everyone wonders why I just can't get along with my sister. It's that nasty attitude of hers.

May 5th, 2008, 08:03 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
(((HUGS))) Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I think it sounds like it would be best just to end communication with her until she can change herself/attitude. It does wear on a person to hear something like that from someone day in and day out. The smart remarks get old. Do you parents think she is bi-polar?
May 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
My parents don't say much about it. My dad just ignores my sister when she starts to get her nasty attitude. My mom gets mad at me because she thinks I'm the instigator. Well, when I lived at home I was always the "instigator", so it made me really mad when I would get the blame put on me because she can't control her temper.

She would always storm out of the house, slam the doors, and peel out of the driveway when someone would say one little thing wrong. She's just a fool. I blocked her on my MySpace and I won't be talking to her until she can clean up that attitude.

May 19th, 2008, 05:15 PM
merkelsgirl
Quote:
My parents don't say much about it. My dad just ignores my sister when she starts to get her nasty attitude. My mom gets mad at me because she thinks I'm the instigator. Well, when I lived at home I was always the "instigator", so it made me really mad when I would get the blame put on me because she can't control her temper.

She would always storm out of the house, slam the doors, and peel out of the driveway when someone would say one little thing wrong. She's just a fool. I blocked her on my MySpace and I won't be talking to her until she can clean up that attitude.[/b]
When I lived with my parents that was how it was. My sister's attitude is horrible and she walks all over every body to get what she wants. Her and I just got into it pretty good, which is a usual thing. She ignores me until she needs something and then she is extremely nice, until the next thing I say to her makes her mad. I don't get it, and my sister does have bipolar but you cant use that as an excuse for a crappy attitude.
June 15th, 2008, 09:49 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. I'm sorry about your miscarriage and your sister. I completely understand how you must feel.
I have a bratty little sister too. We never were best friends but I supported her and helped her grow up her entire life as we were raised by a single mom who had to work a lot and had a lot of bad relationships. My sister is just like yours - ungrateful, immature.

I'm due in August with my first child and you know what my sister is doing? getting married! She won't be at the birth as I was with her two children and worse my mom won't be there either because somehow she feels it's more important to support my sister. I've been very depressed to say the least. So I understand how you feel.

Hang in there. I hope things get better for you.

The best piece of advice another family member had given me is that sometimes, even though they are family, the best way to deal with things is to just cut them out of your life. Otherwise you just keep caring and trying to make things work and all it gets you is more and more hurt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search