Now its my turn!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2008, 05:42 PM
merkelsgirl
Alright girls, you have probably gotten bits and pieces through my other posts but this is one post that has everything in it!
DB and I have talked about TTC, and until recently we were thinking June. His mother and his daughter's mother basically sent a day bashing me calling me unstable and all this crap. So I am not allowed to be around his daughter alone. And the thing that really makes me mad is he believe them! His dauther's mother told his mom that I had said i wanted to shake his daughter when i get frustrated. Ok, first off I would never do that. Second off if I had that thought I am not stupid enough to say it to her mother. And my words just got twisted and he believed them. Well while all this was happening i was in Ohio for my brother in laws funeral, he was killed in Iraq. I kinda new what was coming because DB and I got into a argument the day before I came home. Well the night I got home everything hit the fan! We screamed at eachother for a good while. I started yelling, cuz he started yelling at me. After awhile it simmered down and I had moved from our bedroom doorway to the couch. The next day we talked about what we needed too and said what needed to be said. Well more stuff seemed to be surfacing. DB's mother had told his daughters mother I was hospitalized. Which I dont have a problem with. I have a problem with the fact that she gave her details. That is how all of this basically started. I was diagnosed with bipolar 7 years ago. I have been off medication for quite sometime and in March I admitted myself into the hospital because I needed to get myself help. Anywho, DB's mother and I were exchanging emails and I finally put her in her place. I called DB to let him know that she would probably be calling him. Well DB finally agreed with everything I had to say. Were fine with that now. Just when i see his family I have a smile on my face and I am as sweet as can be. At this point its undetermined when we are going TTC. On saturday my sister called me and told me her and her fiance were TTC starting next month. I was like oh yea great that's cool. She was like you're not happy for me? I said no, she said not even on the inside? So I was like yea i'm happy for you on the inside, i need to get back to work. I was fuming. My newphew is 19 months old and probably sees me more than his mother. I constantly take him for weekends, or during the day and overnight. My sister can not having a child and doing other things. This past weekend she had me keep him because she needed to take her final for school and could not do it with him there. I was mad because I get all my school work done with him, DB daughter and DB. So its bull. Well I wrote in my xanga that I didn't think she was ready for another kid and that i didnt think her fiance was even close to being ready, he still has his bachelor streak. I wrote it there because I knew she would see it and she cant punch me through the computer. Well I got a series of text messages from her calling me a rotten person and she told me I was out of her wedding and she didnt want anything to do with me anymore. I said thats fine but when you need someone to watch your son dont you dare call me, and find a new groomsman and flower girl. She then preceded to tell me that I will have nothing to do with my nephew and she wanted nothing to do with me, and said goodbye. I am trying not to let it bother me, but my nephew is the love of my life! That boy can bring a smile to my face even when I am down in the dumps and in tears. And to think I will never hear him yell MIMI!!! Which I am his aunt mimi, and thats usually all he yells. I am truly heartbroken!!
May 24th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tracalyn Send a message via MSN to tracalyn Send a message via Yahoo to tracalyn

wow, your sister has issues...personally, good for you for being honest to her even if she's not adult enough to handle the truth or your opinion, however you want to look at it.

hopefully, something will work out though that you can still see your nephew, maybe sneaking over to see him when he's at your parents house visiting or something

hang in there!

May 25th, 2008, 09:31 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Ummmm, are you sure you're not judging too harshly just because you are upset about everything that happened recently? It sounds to me like you came down very hard on your sister and in a very public way (AKA using Xanga). That's got to be hard for her to deal with. Personally I think you should have just told her the truth in person and let her know that you don't think her having another baby is a good idea when you are watching your nephew so much as is. Put up some boundaries (AKA I will watch nephew one night a week and one weekend a month) and then stick to your guns on them. But honestly, bashing your sister online for wanting to TTC seems immature to me. At least she's trying to get through school and she's engaged and apparently doing okay as a mom besides time management. I think you need to think about what's really bothering you....

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
May 27th, 2008, 03:07 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
(((HUGS))) Wow, sounds like you have had a rough few weeks!! I am glad you were able to work things out with you DB! I just hope things will simmer down and work out between you and your sister for your nephew's sake!
May 29th, 2008, 06:00 PM
merkelsgirl
Quote:
Ummmm, are you sure you're not judging too harshly just because you are upset about everything that happened recently? It sounds to me like you came down very hard on your sister and in a very public way (AKA using Xanga). That's got to be hard for her to deal with. Personally I think you should have just told her the truth in person and let her know that you don't think her having another baby is a good idea when you are watching your nephew so much as is. Put up some boundaries (AKA I will watch nephew one night a week and one weekend a month) and then stick to your guns on them. But honestly, bashing your sister online for wanting to TTC seems immature to me. At least she's trying to get through school and she's engaged and apparently doing okay as a mom besides time management. I think you need to think about what's really bothering you....[/b]
I am definitly not judging her too harshly. My sister has a tendency to bash everyone online, including her family. My sister is a horrible mother, and I just recently found out that my nephew was walking down the stairs and my sister walked away from him and he fell down a flight of stairs. I'm sorry but what mother does that? My nephew is only 19 months and not all that stable on his walking legs! My mom just told her yesterday she is a bad mom and does not need to have another child. I watched my nephew today and my soon to be brother in law picked him up. And I just got an earful from him about my sister... So its actually only fair. Everyone is acting like this is the greatest thing, when half of her friends agree with me and my family. Someone needed to say something. And I did it on Xanga cuz I knew she would read it, and if I told her in person I would have a broken nose. My sister has an extremely short fuse, so this was the easiest way. She has gotten over, mostly cuz she needed a baby sitter!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search