Vent!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Regular
Ok, so I know this is ridiculous but it's irritating me like no other.

My fiancee and I are getting married in 3 weeks (yay!!) and we're 11 weeks pregnant. Last night was his bach party, him and his 2 best friends drove to a town about 2 hours away yesterday morningand played a super nice golf course then went out that night (they stayed at a family members empty house.) I'm really not possessive or jealous so I just let him do his thing knowing that it was "guy time." I got a call around 11 (after I texted him I was headed to bed) and we talked for all of a minute (maybe) and he said he'd call when he got back to where they were staying. I get a text from him at 4 am (2 hours after the bars close) saying he's alive. not well but alive. call in the morning. no naked girls, no tattoos. So this morning he calls and I just felt really bitter. I'm glad he had fun but I'm jealous almost. It's like once we found out I was pregnant we just stopped doing anything. (FYI: he's military and stationed 4 hours away but comes in every weekend, I'm 21 and graduated college this past Saturday.) He goes out all the time during the week with his army buddies and I haven't gone out in weeks. I just want to dress up and do something exciting rather than spending another night at home. There are plenty of places we could go where there's no smoking and there is stuff to do besides drinking but it's like it doesn't matter. All he ever wants to do is hang out at the house-- and I swear, I can't spend one more night here. I'm just frustrated, I want to cry. And I realize it's probably hormones and whatnot but I'm still really frustrated.

Ok, sorry this was so long I just had to get that off my chest.
May 25th, 2008, 10:38 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I know exactly how you feel! My roommate went camping for the holiday weekend while I had to work yesterday and I have to work again on Monday. Last night after work I went to our old apartment to get the last few things out and clean it before we turn in the keys. I couldn't help being jealous that I'm working two jobs, going to college full time, raising a daughter, etc. while all he does is put in his forty hours and go have fun.

I finally decided to go do something myself so last night I went up to Speed Street which is a festival where they shut down a bunch of streets in uptown and set up stages and such. Sure, I was walking around alone but I was out and the night was beautiful and it just so happened I made it just in time to see my fave band for FREE!

If you DF isn't making time for you guys to go out then you need to take care of yourself. Don't just sit at home. Get dressed up and go have some fun! Don't you have some friends who would be willing to go out for an alcohol and smoke-free evening? GL!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
May 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
(((HUGS))) I agree with the OP, contact some of your friends and go have some fun! Go catch a movie and get dinner or something. If you continue feeling this way, you need to talk to him about it.
May 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Regular
I talked to him about it when he got in that afternoon. And he completely understood. We got dressed up and he took me to dinner and a movie and then out to play pool (at a smoke free pool hall!) we had a great time!
May 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Thats great!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search