Just venting about my idiotic boss!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2008, 07:39 AM
aaronandaryn's Avatar Veteran
So this is about my boss. I know this is mostly about marriage venting, but I just needed to yell and this is the only way I can lol.

I work at as a secretary for a dryer vent cleaning business. We mostly deal with cleaning condo associations. Well we recently cleaned an association with 133 units. Thats pretty big for us. Well during this time, my boss went on vacation. We usually get the invoices out the next day, but because he was on vacation, I had to wait for him to get back to make the sure the invoice was done properly (he likes to check everything that goes out). The day before the work was completed, the property manager called me and said that he needed an individual invoice for each of the units we cleaned. We ended up only being able to access 114. So he wanted me to send him 114 invoices, each for $38! Well obviously thats ridiculous! We only do single billing and we invoice the associaiton, not the individual owners! I tried to explain that to him, but he said that he wants an invoice for the entire project to the association, and 114 individual invoices that they can send out to the owners so they can collect their money. So basically he wants me to do his job! Well anyway, I told my boss' wife and she said she would tell him and get it straightened out, because we don't do that. Well I don't know if she told him or not, but when I went to invoice them today (a week later). I showed my boss the invoice and asked what are we supposed to do about the 114 invoices and he told me to call the manager and work something out! When I talked to the manager, I told him that I will e-mail him a generic invoice and he can make it out the the owners and do whatever he wants with it, and I will mail him the invoice to the association. He said, No that won't work because I don't have time to do that, just send over the 114 invoices. (UGH!!!) I told him that we don't normally do that, and I will talk to our owner about it. Well when I told my boss what happened, he said that I need to get on the ball invoicing them, and that I should have just sent them the invoice right away with all the units, and then when the techs give us the notes about how many units they actually accessed, we would take care of it. So basically he said I should have sent out an invoice saying that we cleaned 133 units. And when I found out that we only cleaned 114, we would call them and say "Oops, we made a mistake, we only cleaned 114" Thats ridiculous!! And yeah, that looks really professional! So he is saying that its my fault that we are having this problem! Excuse me?! But what did I do exactly?? I did what I was told, and I'm sorry but you screwed up! He should have called the property manager and told him, we don't do that, or told me what to do when it first came up! UGH!!!! I just don't know what to do! I was in tears earlier this morning! It's just so frustrating!!!!!

Sorry this is so long, but I just needed to get it off my chest!

June 5th, 2008, 08:19 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
(((HUGS))) I hate it when the boss screws up and then tries to pass the blame/problem down on the workers to keep himself looking good!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search