Can't deal with it!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2008, 08:18 PM
merkelsgirl
Ok so all this crap with Tony's family and his daughter's mother is too much! I am not allowed to be alone with Tony's daughter because her mother thinks I'm unstable and his mom agreed with her. All the while not once did Tony stand up for me! Sorry but I am medicated and quite stable!
Well anyways, today we were at his mom's and Tony was talking about how he had to help our landlord clean up from the huge storm, but he can't. His mom said why and he was like "well if I let Amee watch Jordan i can." Instantly his mom was like "oh no you can bring her here." LIKE I WASNT EVEN THERE!
And I said something to Tony in the car and he didn't want to hear it. And the thing is I am starting to think he agrees with his mom and his daughter's mother, otherwise he would be fighting them with all of this. Or he just doesn't have a back bone.
Its come to where I'm going to be leaving the house every weekend because I am not dealing with the bull anymore. I should not have to. I just dont know what to do anymore!!
June 1st, 2008, 04:50 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Wow. Just a thought, is there a reason for what they are saying? Did something happen one time that they misinterpreted? I'm not sure that I would want to TTC if my DH wouldn't stand up for me and let his family say things like that. I don't know the whole story and I don't want to judge but I think it sounds like some couple's counseling may be in order to straighten out things between you.

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
June 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
merkelsgirl
I have talked about couple's counseling, but DB won't do it cuz were not married or have kids. And I threw a complete fit. My therapist said to just tell him that he wants Tony's opinion on me and we'll have a couples session.
I was dx with Bipolar 7 years ago. I have been off medication for about 2 years, and I decided I needed to get help. I voluntarily admitted myself into a inpatient facility to get treatment and get on the correct medication.
That is how all of this started. But I'm not ashamed I was in the hopsital, I took the steps to get help. And Tony's mom blew it all out of proportion. I was talking to Tony's sister today and she said her mom usually does and his sister was on my side. Well today I had to watch Jordan and drive her around and Tony told his mom to F off, it was his daughter and I was perfectly capable of doing anything that needed to be done when it came to Jordan. So I guess me saying something kinda set in, and he realized I was upset. Im just upset that it took him this long to say something. I mean 3 weeks is a long time! So now Tony's mom has to keep her mouth shut. After all it is Tony's daughter and his mom can't tell him how to raise her!.... So who knows!!
June 10th, 2008, 06:49 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How are things going now?? Did he ever go with you to counseling?
June 10th, 2008, 08:44 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Thanks for the background info. And I'm glad things are going better. It's really hard for people without a mental illness to understand that medication and counseling can really help and that we won't just 'fly off the handle'. As long as you have never had a bad mood swing in front of DD and you aren't suicidal then MIL has no right to say those things. I was afraid to take your side without knowing if there had been prior incidents but from what you said, you are doing all the right things to lead a happy life. I'm glad DH is finally standing up for you! I hope things continue to look up! Best wishes!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search