So angry I could SCREAM!!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2005, 01:05 PM
kim79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kim79 Send a message via Yahoo to kim79
Here's the thing, DH has a habit of going somewhere that should take about a half hour. He ends up coming home about 3 hours later. If I ask him to go to the store, he'll go to the store, then get gas, get air in the tires, and stop by a friends house. Instead of telling me he is going to do all that he says he will be right back. If he told me he was going to all those places I would know that it is going to take longer. So this has been going on for a while and we always argue about it. The last time being Sunday. He had a wake to go to. He says he will be home at 7 after the wake. 8:45 comes around he walks in the door like nothing is wrong andnot only that, he is drunk. He says him and a couple of friends went to the bar after. Instaed of calling from his CELL PHONE, he syas nothing and expects me not to get mad. Today, he went to go to Toys R Us because they had something on sale for DD for Christmas. That was 1:30. I just called him and where is he? At the bar. I'm so peeved about this, My pregnancy hormones are getting to me and now all I can do is cry because he doesn't undrestand. It is not that hard to say where you are going. He doesn't understand why I get mad about this. And when we start fighting he says "Well, I work I deserve to go out for a while". That really gets to me because I am a SAHM and I don't know why he thinks that it is not work. Because I don't get paid for it? I don't know how much longer I can take this. I haven't gone out of these doors without a child in almost a year, while he goes out all of the time. I asked him to take DD with him to the store and he amkde an excuse not to take her, Now I know why. So he can go to the bar. I'm so tired of him being selfish that I don't think this relationship will last another year. Sorry so long just needed to vent a little.

November 28th, 2005, 11:42 AM
melinda's Avatar Super Mommy
I am really sorry you are going through this. Me and my DH have had many a talk about this same thing. He goes out of town a lot and thinks he deserves to go out for a few drinks after work with no problem. Well even before I got pregnant with #2 DD I was always doing the same thing. Go to work, get off, pick DD up and go home. Men seem to think that they deserve so much and that it is just sooo easy for us to do the same thing. Well I have put a stop to the bars unless they are in the hotel that he is staying at. I just don't think he has any business being in a bar, too many things can happen. He has a hot head and it can sometimes get him in trouble. If he wants to go out to the bars I go with him. It was real easy to do before I got preggo but now it's not as much fun. I say get a babysitter and the two of you go out together. I would stand your ground on this issue. If he can't even try and understand where you are coming from things aren't going to get better. I know every relationship is different but I don't put up with it, good luck to you~
November 28th, 2005, 12:36 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me

Sorry to hear he is being such a jerk! Do you think he may have a problem with alcohol? Why not give him a choice, booze or your family. I had to do the same with my DH, not for booze, but for other reasons. He did leave for a couple of months, but then he came back after he realized what he was giving up and for what. I hope that it does not come to that, I was pregnant as well when he left. It was not an easy time, but things did work out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search