Don't think this is going to work out..

Forum: The Venting Room

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JustBeginning Send a message via Yahoo to JustBeginning
Well, my boyfriend is getting a new job. He'll be making $10 an hour, instead of $8.10 an hour. Which means, he'll be getting $400 a week.
The thing is.. it's a 6 month job, and I'm about to have his baby in 3 and a half months. He'll be gone (in a hotel) for 4 days straight, over an hour away, and only be home Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But it sucks because I won't have anyone to help me, and I was really counting on him being there for me and the baby.
I told him we'd make it just fine without him getting a job so far away, but he says he'd rather be doing something he LIKED doing.
We ARE having money problems, but I've got family that is willing to help out a little, which'll get us by. Plus, tomorrow I am applying for that Section 8 / HUD housing. Now are food stamps are only $22 a month, but they're supposed to raise that by $100. But if he gets this job, they'll cancel our food stamps completely.
ALso there's this arguing thing. He thinks that I'll be able to take care of the baby all by myself, without any help. Which is crazy, because I really need him. I have nobody to help me because they all live out of state or more than 2 hrs. away. He's constantly telling me that I'm lazy and need to get a job, when I've LOOKED for jobs and STILL am. BUT nobody wants to hire someone who's about to have a baby. They've all told me that they are only taking applications, not hiring. And then a couple have told me that I'm too young. And then some just need men to unload trucks when they get shipments in.
HELL. The 2 MAIN reasons I DONT want him taking this job is because he won't be around much for me and the baby, AND I still don't fully trust him not to go back to smoking pot. STupid, right? But all his friends do it and even his brother does, and his brother just got fired because of it. And he's only 17!
Anyhow, thanks for putting up with my little vent. I'm just real worried and upset now.
Sarah - *25* (10-20-86)
Samuel Tyler - *5* (4-17-06) http://www.babyhomepages.net/samuel_tyler/
Hannah Belle - *2* 5-26-09 http://www.babyhomepages.net/hannahbelle

December 7th, 2005, 12:50 AM
AliciaJ78's Avatar Veteran
BUT nobody wants to hire someone who's about to have a baby. They've all told me that they are only taking applications, not hiring. And then a couple have told me that I'm too young. And then some just need men to unload trucks when they get shipments in.[/b]
That is discrimination....they can get into big trouble for telling you that your too young. I know what your going through job wise. I've been hunting for a job for 2 years now and finally just got a temp job for the holidays. Your not lazy....being pg is hard work and very tiring. I hope everything works out for you.

December 7th, 2005, 08:51 AM
bellebutton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The bad thing is that when you are pregnant a lot of jobs wont hire because they wont take that risk. They know that you will be leaving in so many months and to train someone then have them leave is just a waste of time for THEM. Plus if you start a job and have to leave so many months later you wont qualify for the FMLA act. I went through the same thing with my first. Taking care of a newborn is very hard, BUT you can do it!! When the baby is born the maternal instinct will kick in. He needs to take responsibility and understand that he helped create this blessing and that right now he has to support you and the baby. (money wise) Being as far along as you are, you wont be able to get a job and expect to go back after the baby is born. About your food stamps and section 8, sometimes you have to do whatever is is possible to get the help you need. Have you thought about telling the state that he left you and that you are doing things by yourself? I know this is wrong but that is what I had to do when my 2nd was born, because I wasnt working and at that time my BF wasnt making that much money. My Food Stamps went up by 250 dollars and I got adc for my girls and my daycare was paid for. Hopefully everything works out for you!!! (ps i know all about the pot cuz my BF still smokes and hes 32) But he does take care of his family (now)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search