Dh really upset these days. I can't blame him sometimes

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2005, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
Dh has been very upset with our son lately. I guess I can't blame him. In light of what our son did on the computer online that got our computers taken away by the law. My computer came back as well as my palm pilot and digital camera. Well I got a new lap top recently. My computer was donated to our church for the school. Dh and I share the lap top. On occasion dh will let our son use it for school work or to play a game. Well after our son did what he did. I did not want him on the computer at all for any reason. I finally lightened up said well he can have restricted access. Meaning can use the computer if one of us is in the room with him at all times. If not he gets off the computer. It is password protected. Tonight I told our son dad is going to bed. Game is over. Get off the computer. He got so upset. He shuts the computer down. Dh was downloading something which was stopped. Well dh pays for the use of some news server and was downloading me some music. Dh yells back at our son about that. Telling him he was the one who brought the law in the house to take all our computers. That he gets no unrestricted access. And will not be allowed up all night playing video games or possibly doing other things via the internet. I called again today asking when will dh get his computer back. No one was there. I left a voice mail for the person handling the case. Well for like the 3rd time around Thanks Giving I talked to this detective or cop or person in charge of this. He said oh we need some more time. Expect the computer back in early December. If we have not heard from them by early December to call back. Dh is so angry over the law keeping his computer this long. That since they found out our son may not have done what they thought he did. They are trying to build a case on dh for downloading stuff. Well dh pays for the access to some news server where he down loads stuff from. And when they came for the computers. The reason listed in writing was for what they thought our son did. Not for anything else. I too am coming to the idea they probably aren't going to give dh his computer back. At this point dh had a really nice computer set up. A pentium 4 3ghz processor something with two 150 gig hard drives set up as a raid system something. I don't understand all that. Well dh had his computer running really fast, efficient and could do all this stuff. It had a tv card in it. Hooked up to the cable tv. So he could record tv shows to watch later. He'd tape his regular shows he watched on Sci Fi. He built the computer from scratch little by little as he had money for parts. Well his brother got parts for a discount at the computer store he works for. He is so angry they still have not given his computer back. When the day they took all them. They told him he'd get it back in 2 weeks. That was on September 21st. Still nothing yet. Well I told the law do what they got to do with our sons computer. But geez we did nothing wrong give our stuff back. Just to buy the tower with parts almost to what dh had in his computer. We still have his monitor which was not taken. The cheapest I seen was 599.00$ at some computer store. Well it had everything he had but the tv card, the second hard drive and the 1 gig something or another. It would of been 3.4 ghz something. Which was slightly faster than what he had. But figured why should I have to buy dh a new computer to replace what was taken. I hope that guy calls dh tomorrow to say when he'd get his stuff back. I keep thinking charge our son or dh with something. Or just give back our stuff. Dh keeps moaning the longer they keep his stuff. It's going to be obsolete real soon. This whole computer mess is causing chaos in our house. Our son thinks we're just being mean when we won't allow him to do as he wants online. They keep us in the dark what exactly the crime was that they thought our son comitted. I got bits and pieces about a bot program was used. Which dh explained to me as it monitors every key stroke someone does. Can get info on a person to use possibly for identity theft. It runs hiddenly in the background. A person does not always know the program is running on their computer. That sometimes going to certain web sites a bot program will install on your computer. Dh calls it something like spyware. That this program used caused at least 5000$ in damages. When I ask our son about this. He won't say much. I think the law told him not to discuss it with anyone even his parents. All the time our son was on his computer. I assumed besides video games I assumed he was doing school related stuff. Dh and I were really nieve to what our son was really doing. I wanted to put my foot down making our son show us what he was doing on his computer. Or I take it away. Dh said do I want to cause trouble in the house. So I let it be. Knowing our son is the kind of person who gets even when things aren't going his way. I should of went with my gut instinct take his internet away back then and maybe things would not of gotten this bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search