Getting on my last nerve....

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2006, 04:06 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I usually don't come in here and vent.. But man after last night I want to scream..... We went to my inlaw's house.. And I am teaching Braxton right from wrong.. So when he gets into things that he isn't supposed to he gets a love tap and told no firmly.. Well my SIL swatted him a couple of times... I had to bite my tongue.. Not because she is trying to help him learn.. But because her youngest who is 3 never gets swatted... He yells kicks and tells her no and she just sits by and lets him... He woke up last night and when he didn't get his way he screamed.. Instead of correcting him she just let him... But she was so quick to jump and correct my child.. My hubby noticed it too.. And when we got in the car he said that he was getting on his nerves.. That she was going to have trouble with him... Which she already does.... I mean he is the type of kid you see in the store and think to yourself man I am glad he is not mine.....
January 4th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
You might have to explain to your sil your method of disclipline is what you are using in your home. That she should respect that. I had issues with my IL's on discipline. They felt I was wrong. Do it their way. I said he's our child. I will handle things my way. As this is what works in my house.
January 4th, 2006, 08:16 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Gee what the heck is going on with these inlaws butting their noses where it doesnt belong!!! I personally would not care if someone told one of my kids to straighten up or told them not to do something, but they better never lay a hand on my child!! If my kid has done something wrong that warrents a punishment, then I need to be told about it right away and I will deal with my child.
January 5th, 2006, 12:12 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Good grief if it isnt one extreme it is the other isn't it? My inlaws let Elle get away with wayyyy too much and it drives me batty! I would have been irritated as well, I am not sure I wouldn't have said something, then again if it is someone you dont see all the time, I may have bitten my tongue too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search