Conflicts with my sister

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2006, 03:17 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
My niece has been getting pretty hateful with me the last few days.. And last night she got tacky and started mouthing me and raising her voice to me.. So I told her what I thought.. And my sister jumped in and told me that I didn't need to talk to her that way... I had more than a few choice words to say to my sister..... I told her that it was a shame that my niece could disrespect me and I could do nothing about it.. She said that I needed to spank her... I told my sister.. You know our uncles and aunts never had to spank us for being disrespectful.. Our parents took care of that... My dad said that's right.... She wants everyone else to discipline her kids while she sits on her duff.. Then when some one does scold them she gets all mad....

Then to top it off early that morning I had got on to the same niece for the same reason.. And my mom told me not to get on to her.. I flat out told my mom what she had done and then my mom changed her attitude... I then told my mom that she needed to hear why I did things before she made comments.. She said well I was in here and just heard you getting on to her.. I said that I wouldn't of got on to her if I thought it wasn't necessary.. I said it is funny when Walker does something that everyone is quick to wanna spank him (for dumb stuff). But raise your voice to my sis's kids they get babied...

I flat out told them that now I know why neither one of my nieces respect me.... They are allowed to back talk me, yell at me, and get right down rude with me and I am just supposed to sit by and watch...
January 3rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
I hear all these sibling horror stories and it makes me so grateful I'm an only child - lol...

Can't really be of any help to you. Just here to say 'that sucks!'

Seeing as how your sisters have daughters, and you've got a son, maybe you're getting picked on because of that. They let things slide with the girls that they won't let slide with a boy. *pft....* In any case, it's not fair and very lame.

January 4th, 2006, 07:22 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I sort of agree with Athey, in that maybe they think that since you have boys so you have to be tougher on them than girls.
I dont know, I just think you did the right thing by putting the kid in her place. Children need to learn to respect adults and when a child is getting talked to, others need to butt out. When someone tries to stop you from talking to this child about her behavior, they are making you look like you do not have a right to verbally discipline the child, that what you say doesnt matter, and basically that you are powerless over the situation with her.
January 5th, 2006, 07:43 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
OMG that is insane! I hate when people can't or WON'T discipline their own children. I would have totally put her in her place and like you said I don't think an aunt or uncle has the authority to spank their niece or nephew, it is the parents responsibility to discipline their own kid

(((HUGS))) I am sorry that this is a sore spot between you and your sister (I have a few with mine too)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search