My family is driving me BATTY

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2006, 10:39 AM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, got it off my chest. Now I'm a little embarrassed so I deleted my rant.... but I'm feeling much better now, thanks girls.
January 3rd, 2006, 11:26 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, there is a venting board! Awesome!!

Lara, I'm sorry your family is acting insane. I've been there and quite recently too. It's hard, because I never know if it's the hormones or what. But both my family and DH's family have done some really annoying things lately. I almost got into a fight this morning with my mom on the phone. I have to keep in mind that she seriously makes up her own reality. It's very difficult to get along with someone who lives in her own bubble. No matter what I say, she will always believe what she wants to believe. Ugh, it's horrible.

As for your sisters, they sound a lot like mine. One of my sisters (the middle child!) is CURRENTLY dating a pothead and it makes me want to scream. Whenever I meet him, all I think about is how he is smoking away the four brain cells he has left. It's hard to take him seriously because of all the wacky, dumb things he says. I don't know why my sister is with him! She deserves SO much better than him.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I have no advice for you, because I'm contemplating moving to a far away country myself.

Just hang in there. And don't worry about venting on the July board, I think there are a lot of us dealing with the same things. We're here for you!

January 3rd, 2006, 11:46 AM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
Wow...I'd never actually been over on this board before...very interesting.

I have to tell you Lara...I used to have the same situation...except it wasn't with my actual sister--it was with a cousin who is ten years younger than I am and used to live in our house (so I guess kind of like a sister). The stories I could tell...

I actually DID end up moving across the country (from Idaho to Virginia) a month after I got married. It was something DH & I had already planned to do once we got married. Though it is hard and I do sometimes miss being near my family, I have to say, it is SO nice not to get pulled into all the crappy shallow drama that I don't care about. When I get homesick or miss my family a lot, I just tell myself that yes, I love my family, but to remember all the crap that used to go on and why it is good to live so far away.

Good luck. I don't know that I have any good advice to offer--lots of deep breathing Hopefully you have an understanding DH like mine who just lets you get it all out and isn't judgemental. Plus, we're all here for you too!!!

January 3rd, 2006, 05:21 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the replies, girls. It means a lot to me. Well moving far, far away isn't an option... but, looking back, I remember a lot of other times I've been seriously ticked off with my family, and it always seems to blow over. I'm hoping that it's just one of those things that'll pass. This time, I'm sure it's mostly my crazy hormones. I hate hormones. I hate feeling like I'm crazy because I can't trust my feelings!!!
January 4th, 2006, 07:30 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I think maybe a little distance would do you some good just so you can cool down yourself. I dont really mean by moving either, just dont go this week. I sort of had the same thing with my family, we just couldnt get a long. Well, about a year and a half into my marriage, we moved away to FL. Sure I was homesick, but then I would remind myself of what things used to be like, then I got over that. My relationship then improved with the distance. We moved back and here we are. I am thinking about moving again, but I guess for my maybe it is hormones getting the best of me too. I have cut out talking to my mom so much because she is just irratating me. She never has anything positive to say about anyone or anything. I am just tired of it. OK, your vent just turned into my vent!! See, your not alone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search