Things are really bothering me

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2006, 12:07 AM
tattooedmommyof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tattooedmommyof2 Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedmommyof2
I got up to listen to my ds breathe, it sets my mind at ease I was leaning over dh looking in the bassinet he woke up looked at me and had the nerve to tell me to lay back down so that Payge wouldn't fall off the bed. She wasn't moving he just didn't want me leaning over on him. His mother expects me to keep my house clean by myself and told me that well she could do it when she was young and she had 3 kids. And that my dh shouldn't have to help me keep house. OMG!!! He works 2-4 days out of the week no reason why he can't help. Oh yeah and earlier he stuck the pacifier in Shane's mouth to get him to hush insead of getting up and fixing a bottle and my wonder dh went back to sleep. Shane has been sick since birth and he needs to eat. His immune system is down pretty low I guess. Someone HELP!!! I just don't feel like my dh understands or loves me anymore.

My first goal.
January 12th, 2006, 09:51 AM
mrobinson
Are you still feeling the same today Brooke? I am so sorry. I'm sure you tried to talk to him about it.. I hope you have other support, like family or friends to help you out. (Maybe a local babysitting co-op too?)

I dunno but I hope you're feeling better...
January 15th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Send a message via MSN to tattooedmommyof2 Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedmommyof2
I'm feeling better but his mom needs to shut up. I have started trying to clean & cook. I can only do one or the other.

My first goal.
January 15th, 2006, 07:54 PM
mrobinson
not to mention the huge transition to having a 2 month old baby... I just got something I hope can help... if not, I'm sorry to be unable to help... take care girl and just keep venting...

--------------------------------------------
= Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.

= Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.

= Delegate tasks to capable others.

= Simplify and unclutter your life.

= Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)

= Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.

= Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.

= Take one day at a time.

= Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what it is and what you have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.

= Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.

= Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.

= K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.

= Do something for the Kid in You everyday.

= Carry a favorite book with you to read while waiting in line.

= Get enough rest.

= Eat right.

= Get organized so everything has its place.

= Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.

= Write down thoughts and inspirations.

= Every day, find time to be alone.

= Having problems? Talk to yourself on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and to think about it.

= Make friends with kind people.

= Keep a folder of favorite quotes on hand.

= Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you."

= Laugh.

= Laugh some more!

= Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.

= Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).

= Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most.)

= Sit on your ego.

= Talk less; listen more.

= Slow down.

= Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.

= Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.
January 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM
That really does help bc I have been having anexiety attacks. My meds need to be upped or something. I am bipolar. Gawd I hate admitting that I have a problem. Oh well I guess.

My first goal.
January 16th, 2006, 01:30 PM
mrobinson
Pm sent!
January 16th, 2006, 05:24 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How are you doing?? Things getting better for you? I liked some of those ideas that mrobinson gave you to try.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search