Head in a muddle

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2006, 04:02 PM
mummytigger's Avatar Regular
Ok as you may know me and df are in Sheffield atm so df can help his dad pull down the old garage in time for the new one arriving.

anyway we have been here since last night and everything is going great...

About 3 days before we were due to travel from Glasgow to Sheffield, we were driving to the local shops and the car decided to go to sleep * just as well we took the back road and not the main road*. So df had to call out the AA. * we had Alyssa in the car with us and cause we couldnt get the engine running she was getting cold* so I called home and got her Papa to drive down in his car to take her home. That was fine...

The guy from the AA arrived about 15/20 minutes later and he was talking to df and asked what happened, so we told him we were driving along and the engine just decided to die on us.

The guy tried the car and it started straight away, so he signed the job off and got back into his tow truck.....

however as df started the engine it started and we had to reverse back about * I\'m not too good at guessing lengths in metres etc* * so I will say the length of 2 cars* and the engine died again. Just as well the guy hadnt driven off, so he came back over and looked at the engine. He found out it was the altenator that has packed in......

Mums bf and df agreed that if df put petrol in mums bf car he would us to Sheffield.

This is also the first time mine and df parents have met each other.

Anyway to cut a story kinda short. On the way here we put 90 in their car, bought them tea n coffee at the services and they had pizza and tea here too...

df mum gave them a flask of tea and biscuits to take home with them...

As they were leaving we had to go to Asda for a few bits n bobs. So we got them to follow us in their car til they got to the roundabout for the motorway....

Mum signalled for me to phone her * by which I assumed she meant to call her the next day as it would 2/3am when they got home.....

I called her today and all I got down the phone was abuse bacause we didnt call her as she was travelling up the road, because Alyssa was sick in the car and because we didnt make them up sandwiches or give them money to get something to eat. So I said to her how can we give you money we spent every penny we had on petrol?

So I have now come to a sort of decision to move out of mums house...

So far the housing are only offering us stuff nearby but I\'ve decided I want away from mum.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search