SSN Fraud

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Alright. so we have been checking into getting our house refinanced.

Well I went out to get the mail and a place that Dh and I have been talking to had sent us info explaining what our loan was approved for and how much our monthyl payments would be.. (NICE..by the way)

So anyway, I get to looking at the app and I see all these charges made against us. All this stuff we owe..unpaid stuff.
I start looking at the names of these things and dont recognice any of them!!! Except about 3..(WHICH WOULD BE ACCURATE..you know like Car..etc)

Well I call dh to ask him about it..Since this was in his name..
and I ask him about all these charges and stuff...and he explains to me that in 1999 some officials got in touch with him to let him know that THREE other people besides himself were USING HIS SSN#.

These FRAUDS have charges a LOT of stuff up..and it makes HIM look bad. SO anyway. After two years of marriage I find this out.. I knew he had had some problems in the past concerning his Credit..which is WHY my name is on just about EVERYTHING..at least now I understnad why his credit is bad..
But what I Dont understand is WHAT KIND OF PSYCHOS steals somewhats SSN to go out and open a bunch of accounts and NOT PAY stuff..This is PURE BULL CRAP!~!
IT makes me SO MAD>..
Iguess if DH has lived with this for the past 5 years..then Its okay.But I just wish someone COULD get this crap CLEARED UP!!!

BTW ladies:: This is not to imply in anyway that My dh is not telling me the whole story...I trust him with all my heart and soul..and I know that there is no way that he could be lying about this...I am just venting about stupid ppl stealing identities and stuff. I know it happens a lot.. and to be somewhat a victim is very AWFUL
anyway..just wanted to complain about that for a few seconds!!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

August 10th, 2004, 01:08 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
The bad part is, there can be leins on the house for these unpaid charges, I hope it doesn't hold up the refi. I had a similar incident where I did have a bad debt that I cleared up and paid off, but that info did not get to the county, so when I refinanced like 8 years after this bad debt (in fact it was cleared before I even bought the house) this lein was on my house!! I was livid!!!! I found out who the lawyer was and chewed him a new one for having this bad debt put on my house when it was cleared before I even bought the house. He fixed it and all was fine, but my gosh, a lein against my house for a debt that was paid in full before I even bought my house?!!! Makes no sense. I hate this kind of stuff.
August 10th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Oh that is awful!
What gets me is I tried to get some advice on what to do and I basically got chewed out saying my dh was lying and im stupid for beelive him..

That kind of stuff really makes me mad... To top it off.. My blood pressure im sure is throught the roof at the moment and my heart is beating out of my chest...
that cant possibly be good for me or the baby!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

August 10th, 2004, 05:07 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
That is messed up!! Isn't there anything that they can do to clear up his name or is bankruptcy the only answer?
August 11th, 2004, 04:00 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
Sorry, hon! (hugs)

When we went to get the loan on our first house, the mortgage company ran a credit check, and we found these credit card balances for a card we had NEVER had. We inquired, and found another man with my husbands name living in the same city. Somehow his stuff and DH's got mixed up. It was a real pain getting that cleared up.

Good luck to you and your DH!
August 11th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
It's sad when that happens. They about a year or so ago arrested a teller at our credit union for stealing names. All for the sole purpose of identity theft/fraud. We had to fill out forms for TransUnion the credit reporting bureau. To my knowledge our names were not stolen. Well we have not gotten any bills for stuff not ours. Or have anything against us not ours. This fraud can mess you up for years.
August 11th, 2004, 06:17 AM
zonapellucida
I suggest you get copies of all your crdit reports and get these things removed. You can dispute everything on your report--and I think by this point they have policies in lace for fraud.
August 11th, 2004, 12:44 PM
I talked to dh when he got home last night and until yesterday he had thought that all of this stuff had been taken care of..and didnt know why is was still showing up on his report!

However we are looking into how we can get ALL of this taken care of! I really vaule and appreciate all of your opinions..and IM sorry that this or something like it has happened to so many of you before!

August 12th, 2004, 06:11 PM
I Heart 4x4
Dang, that totally sucks!
August 12th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ryryandmom Send a message via Yahoo to ryryandmom
My Bf one uncle is dealing with that now. Someone stole his SSN and they racked up $24,000, so right now, they called the state police, got a report, than got a credit report and talked to the fraud comp., and today he wrote a letter to the loan company that the $24,000 came from. He knows where the people live b/c one company told him so he is pressing charges b/c he is not letting anyone get away with it.
August 13th, 2004, 04:06 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
This came up in conversation with one of my relatives yesterday, and when he went to buy a house, here someone had stolen his identity (including his SSN) and this was a convicted felon who was wanted by the police! Needless to say, it wasn't my uncle and eventually things worked out, but, what a pain!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search