vent about IL's

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2006, 03:52 PM
Poetique's Avatar Super Mommy
first they aren't even my inlaws because we aren't actually married but we might as well be....okay

the first time i met my bf's mother i thought she was cool....she was at a wedding reception before we ended up meeting her in a bar.....she was drunk so she was abnoxious and stuff but i passed it off as her being a typical drunk person that had just left a wedding reception....months passed and i realized that she is abnoxious ALL the time....she drinks WAY TOO MUCH (i enjoy drinking but this woman is just disgusting)....she is always saying rude things to me drunk or sober.....her bf is pretty much a drunk just like her and he is really really loud and embarrassing when in public....

she gambles constantly and is always winning large sums of money....i don't know what she does with the money she wins....i guess spends it on booze and more gambling.....around xmas time we were starting to get behind on bills and she was aware of that but continued to rub it in our faces every time she won money....she won 5,000 on a freakin scratch-off ticked a few days before xmas and actually brought it to our house to show us!!....i figured she would give my bf 100 dollars or something out of that but no of course not....(i'm not saying i want hand outs or anything but don't come to our house with your booze (yes she brings her own alcohol to our house) when you know that we are struggling with money and rub in our faces that you're winning all of this money....

when i really started hating this woman is when i had a surprise bday party for my best friend....my bf invited her for whatever reason and she showed up TRASHED and was rude to all of the guests there....it was so embarassing for me that i went into my bedroom and cried....

i really don't even want her to be a part of my future child's life but i mean what do i say to my bf....i cant very well tell him "sorry hun but i really hate your mom"....i know hate is a strong word and i don't even know if i actually hate her but i do wish that she lived in another state far away....

when i saw her at xmas time she kept pressuring me to get married and not have an illegitamate child and even told me that if her mother was alive she would "shoot me in the head" for not being married and being pregnant....WHAT THE HELL?!?

i won't even start on my bf's grandmother on his dad's side who basically calls my bf for everything and i'm truly surprised that she wipes her own butt....

okay i apologize for the length of this post and i realize that i sound like a ###### from hell but i am truly not lol
i just needed to get it off my chest

January 25th, 2006, 02:52 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
There is NO way in frozen he#@ that I would allow those people near my child if they are nothing but drunks!!!! I would be mad as heck at your DB for inviting her to your shower without asking you first! That was totally rude of him and of her for acting that way! Man, I feel for ya! I dont talk or associate with my inlaws and my son has them a total of 2 times in his life! If these people want to be a part of their grandchildren's lives, then they need to clean up their acts!!!!
January 26th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Super Mommy
Oh my... She sounds like she and my MIL could be best friends!!! or even sisters!!!

Julie

One of my babies I carried in my heart and one I carried under my heart...

Remember... behind every successful mother.. there is a basket of dirty laundry!!!</div>
January 30th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Poetique's Avatar Super Mommy
thanks girls....you know, on tv i watch sitcoms where the characters deal with annoying inlaws and it is just funny but when it's happening in real life it is an absolute nightmare especially with a child on the way

February 6th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Quote:
when i saw her at xmas time she kept pressuring me to get married and not have an illegitamate child and even told me that if her mother was alive she would "shoot me in the head" for not being married and being pregnant....WHAT THE HELL?!?[/b]
quite frankly ... just referring to the above ... I would give you FULL right to tell your bf that you hate or intenely dislike his own mother ....

if it were me, I'd have said it a LONGGGGGGGG time ago.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search