Sort of upset about what coworker does at work

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2006, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
Well the woman Menia who is my cook partner on the weekends I work. She comes in at 6am. Is suppose to stay till 2:30pm. By 1:15-1:30 she leaves to go home. Normally not a issue if I am not overwhelmed with work. But this weekend I was overwhelmed with work. That how early she left yesterday could of been spent helping me get ready for the dinner buffet. Or preppin for Sunday and Mondays meals. No she left me high and dry to hold the fort down alone. Sunday same thing. I knew she was going to leave early today. First off I got in. Walk in the kitchen. I hear the gospal music going. She likes the Sunday gospel music this one station plays on Sundays till noon. But no Menia anywhere. I see meat she was to be working on yesterday or early this morning for brunch. It's not even started. At that point it needed at least 2 hours simmering time in the oven. So I rush it together. Left it in the oven till it absolutely had to be served. Boy I pulled that off good in a short time. Menia comes back to the kitchen. I never question where she was. My mind was on getting the brunch meal together. Then like 2 or 3 times her son calls her at work. Not sure what that was about. Her kids call her at work all the time. Even on days she don't work by us. I just say Menia is off today when they call days she's off. Usually when her kids call. It's like priming her up to leave early. So she makes excuses to leave after lunch is over. Never the same excuse each time. Yesterday it was she feels the flue coming on. She didn't look sick but I was not judging her on that. She might of felt sick. Sunday she had no excuse. Just said she wanted to go home. She's a sweet woman most the time. She's not married but I think has 3 kids. Today I could of used her help that last hour of her scheduled shift. I wanted to get as much done as I could for Monday. As Monday I, Tony(our lead cook) and our supervisor will be leaving early. We got to go to class to recertify for our Serv Safe certificate. Another cook Tanya is working the 11- close shift. She will be 100% alone doing the cooking for dinner. So I had hoped to have her reasonably set up well so she wouldn't be overwhelmed. I only got some of her stuff done. I also needed time to rest up good for the long day Monday. I'll be up at 3:30 or 4am getting ready for work. Work 6-1pm Then 4 hours in this class. It would of been nice my partner would of helped more. She left me again to hold the fort down. I know I got to speak to my supervisor about that. Saying I don't mind her leaving if we're well prepped up for the weekend. But if not. She needs to stay her whole shift. Also she spends more time on a smoke break than doing work. This happens every weekend we work together. Today she had the left overs from brunch sitting on a cart. I said Hey before you go wrap that meat up and put it in the freezer for another time. She looked at me in a mad way. But did as I asked. She was going to also leave me all the brunch mess to clean up. Yesterday I told the assistant supervisor Katie on duty about Menia leaving early and I needed help. Katie says well Menia is sick. I said she does this every weekend. That don't you see the pattern. Katie just didn't want any part of it. I really needed to vent so I don't get to mad. Doing something I'll regret later. Thing about this weekend. I'll be hearing about how bad it went this morning. Menia is close friends or was her neighbor from some time back to another coworker Mary who always complains about what's bad. I know Menia will be calling Mary saying how bad Saturday morning went. This girl Melissa was assigned to do the breakfast buffet Saturdays. She's nice enough. But I think is ADD or something. She wanders off task or forgets how to do some of her job. She is a good person. You just got to remind her hey Melissa your doing this now. Get her back on task. She does fine. Menia can't stand her. Says she is annoying and lazy. So I'll have to listen to that Oh Melissa this that and the other thing all bad of course. Then I'll be thinking Mary you weren't working Saturday. So how would you know if things went bad.
January 25th, 2006, 01:54 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How are things going now?? What about going to the supervisor that you seem to be closer to, I think her name was Teresa or something like that. I think that something needs to be said if she is constantly cutting out of work early.
January 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I went to the supervisor. She said well it's Menia's 1 year review. She will be bringing up those issues. As she don't follow directions for lots of things. She refuses to use left overs from the freezer. Will do things anyway she wants. Even though she is told otherwise. She never follows recipes. She made some muffins that were suppose to be cupcakes. She tells me in a joking way. These look not so good. I said put some frosting on them. It will make them better. As we have no time to make new ones. No she sends them up the way they were. Then find out later on. She used some muffin mix not cake mix but did not use the right amount of water. So they sunk a bit when baking. You tell her how to do something. She gets mad and storms off. My supervisor said they hired Menia in hurry. As this other cook Tanya was only a month and a half to her due date with this last baby. And the company realized we needed someone quick. So they hired any ole body that passed the drug test. I like Menia as person most the time. We usually get along ok. But sometimes she is not considerate of others when it comes to work habits. I always think of the next shift or next days work. If am off on any given day or weekend. I make sure the ones who are working the time I am off. I have them reasonably prepped up. I hope those coworkers will do the same for me. So we're ahead of things for any given day. It is rotten if I come in on a day. Lets say it's meat loaf for dinner. And no one pulled the ground meats from the freezer to thaw. And I am stuck dealing with frozen meat. Or I come in, in the morning ready to make soup for the day. No one has my soup veggies cut. As from raw stage they need time to cook. Yet Menia will speak up if enough stuff was not done for her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search