I need this...

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Regular
I am not the kind of person that thinks that I am the center of the universe usually. I try to put other people first and put their wants above my own needs. The past couple of days, I have been thinking about an article that I read a while back.
All of you women know that when you are pregnant, you don't feel attractive. I mean, you are bloated. You can't wear your wedding rings, your face looks like a blowfish, your shoes don't fit because your feet are swollen, your skin is extra dry in places, and extra oily in others. Your hair is the same way and usually ends up falling out by the hand fulls. Sometimes, you don't feel sexy or like the beautiful woman that you really are.
The article that I read said that at the times when your ego needs a little boost, to pamper yourself. You know, take yourself to get your hair trimmed, get a manicure or a pedicure, get a massage, a makeover, a new outfit, or just anything to make yourself feel a bit more like not hiding under a rock and not coming out until the world ends. You know, just something to make you feel good about yourself.
Well, I am about to get greedy! I have carried this baby for 7 months now, and I think that I deserve a little TLC of my own. My body has gone through more changes that a diaper goes through, and to be honest, I don't always feel like the beautiful woman that I really am. I am just venting and day dreaming about some of the things that I want. I want an entire day to be all about ME! I want to be able to go to the beauty shop and get my hair trimmed, get a couple of highlights put in, get it styled, and my eyebrows waxed. Then I want to go somewhere that I can get a makeover with make up that is designed for part of my face being flaky dry and the other parts being oily. Then I want to go shopping. I want a boot cut pair of jeans and a nice button up shirt, and then at Tractor Supply, they have a pair of Justin boots that I want. I have never had a pair of name brand cowgirl boots, and I want these. They are like $140, but they look good on my feet, and while they may take some time to get broken in, I would like to wear them. Then come about lunch time, I want to go to Brangus and try once again to eat that 4 pound steak with sides, dessert and a drink. Then at the end of the day, after a few more hours of shopping, I would want Cody to take me to a good, clean, funny movie and then we stay up all night and just love on each other. (sex optional. but after 4 pounds of steak, very unlikely) I know that this is so much to ask, but for one day, I just want to feel like the big beauty that I am. I want to feel like a queen for a day. I know that after Shad is born that there will be no "ME" time, and that is ok.
Sometimes I feel guilty about wanting to indulge and do something for myself. But then I think, "I deserve it!"
What do you all think? Am I just being too greedy or am I just letting my human side show? Anyone else want things like this when they were pregnant? I dunno. I know that these things will never happen for me, but hey, can't a girl day dream?
January 10th, 2009, 06:36 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
All I can say is why not??!! Once the baby comes, its not like your going to get another chance for a while to do something like that. ME time is a rare thing to get. Talk to your DH and see if it can happen. Maybe not everything could happen, but go for it!!! Good Luck!!!
January 24th, 2009, 06:40 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Why not tell your SO what you've just put here! If he dosent give you a day to your self he is a very silly man!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search