inlaw issues!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
my mother in law texted me last night and asked to borrow $1500 to get their truck out of repo!!! fifteen hundred dollars!! is she out of her flippin mind??? i promptly called jason at work and filled him in on this wonderful text. Jason has bailed them out over the years (since he first had a job) on one thing or another (i have gone and paid their cable on several occasions so it didnt get turned off befroe his dad got home from work & we have NEVER been paid back)
His little sister, Megan stayed overnight saturday night just to get out of the house, and when jason dropped her off sunday on his way to work, thats what he was told, that the truck was repoed the night before.
Now, i did a little research and from what i found the repo company has to notify you IN WRITING that they are coming for your vehicle. So apparently once again, something came in the mail and disappeared (history reating itself again) probably ended up in the burn barrell.

So, back to the story, i texted her back and said i didnt have it (and i know she was probably thinking of the money i got from my aunt, inheritance)
I waited a little bit and texted his lil sis and asked her if i was being cussed for not giving over $1500.
Ok, he has a boat he could sell to get money. and they siad we would get it back on the 30th when they get their tax money. my suggestion is talk to the repo company and see if they can get it when they get their money back.

I just feel like screaming. Jason is soooooo tired of all this...every year its something, his mom leaves his (step)dad, we get caught in the middle, HELP me help me is all we get.

is it so wrong for me to feel like this?? they are grown adults, granted his mom doesnt work thanks to medical reasons, his dad works for the county, they have 2 kids at home (12 & 17) and here is am off work unexpectedly becasue i broke my ankle, we are surviving. granted i have money in the bank, but its in an account that i cant easily access, and somone thinks that i should hand over $1500 becasue they are stupid!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

January 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How incredibly rude of them!!!! Sounds like mine . When his mommy says jump, he is in the air and then asks how high!!! Right before I had our first, I was totally unaware of this, but they asked him for $$. I was getting ready to quit working and they ask for money, so much that he freaking went out and got a LOAN!!!!! Of course they have not paid us fully for it either!!! I was so livid when I found out, and needless to say it was not until several MONTHS later!! At least your DH wont give in to them! Sounds like you need to let them deal with it and force them to grow up. If they get their cable cut off, oh well, maybe they will learn to pay their bills. What do they do with their $$?? Maybe offer to help them set up a little budget or something, but I would NOT give them anymore $$. Good Luck!!
January 24th, 2009, 07:16 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I find this highly disgusting that your MIL would ask for such an ammount because there car is being repo'd. Its not like they wont eat with out it!
Maybe its time MIL struggled on her own for a change!

January 24th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Veteran
I am sure I do not understand all of the real situation. But my first and honest thought is NO. No money, don't call me. My ankle is hurting and already said NO. My sister likes to tell me her money woes. And I just say the medical bills are worrying me to death, have new job, lots of doctor visits, etc. never a direct when pigs fly.
January 24th, 2009, 10:52 AM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
Dh asked me last night if it was possible to help them!! I told him my money is in an account that i cannot withdraw without a BIG penalty (which is true) But i'm NOT going to check in on it, NOT my problem.
They are trying to say the loan company "held" one payment and have no record of the other 2. Something still sounds fishy to me, and apparently they got nothing telling them this was gonna happen? (from what i read, maryland has to send you something in writing before repo-ing your vehicle)

January 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
What they are saying makes no sense at all. They should have some form of a receipt to prove whether it be a canceled check, printed receipt, MO stub. Most places send you plenty of notices and warnings, they would rather have their $$ over a used vehicle. I would let them sink. What do they do with their $$?? Your DH is just not wanting to deal with them, so rather than tough love, he wants to give into them. Just tell DH that your not doing it because they need to grow up, you guys need the $ to pay your own bills, and you dont want to take a such a huge loss on giving them the $ due to lack of repayment and the penalty you will incur.
((HUGS)) Hang tough!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search