Angry.

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2009, 12:10 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I have been boiling this over in my head for a while now and i do personally think its time to get this off my chest.

I am 20, my daughter is 15 months old.
my youngest sister is 18 and at the moment is a no hoper!
My youngest sister gives me no respect. I know there is only two years between us but honestly you would think it was more. She dosent have a job, go to college or anything. She lives off the state. She finds the funds to go out clubbing every weekend and spends money like she has a full time job.
I dont live at home so only see her about 3 times a week, some times less. When i go to my mums house she is there. When i 1st had Mia she would give me snide remarks about how my mum didnt love Mia as much as she loved my eldest sisters kids. She would wake Mia up when we would go around just so she could get her out of her car seat (we caught her rocking her car seat vigorously till she woke and then denied it!) Now, I just let the remarks go as i thought she was jelouse...I confronted her and she just laughed.
As Mia has gotten older she has stopped wanting to go to my sister for loves because she is so mean to her. Mia has even started to lash out at her if she tries to pick her up!
Now a couple of weeks ago I was at my mums and Mia was on my knee - Happily drinking her juice. My sister puts her arms out to try and get Mia to go to her. Mia snuggles into me as if to say "no" She then kicked Mia's foot with her own foot. I let it pass and just gave her a look like and she did it again so i got mad and told her not to kick my daughter!!! , My mum was sat in her chair across the room and tells me to stop being silly! I know what i saw and she kicked my child, It may not of been hard enough to make her cry but she kicked her, kwim? Once again me kicking up a fuss gets shot down and i am made to look ridiculous!!

She would never even dare do half these things with my elder sisters kids, so why Mia?! What has she done ??
It makes me so mad to even look at her.

January 24th, 2009, 12:26 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Sounds like you should have a talk with your mum about your sister and Mia. If your mom refuses to believe how your sister treats her, then I would tell your mom that you can no longer come over to her house and she is not welcome to come over to yours if your sister is with her. It is going to come down to protecting and doing the best for your daughter. From the sounds of things, your daughter is not safe to be around your sister. Good Luck!!
January 25th, 2009, 01:50 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Iam geting so close to doing that - and i really dont want to do that!

January 26th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the talk with your mother.

January 27th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Sounds like you should have a talk with your mum about your sister and Mia. If your mom refuses to believe how your sister treats her, then I would tell your mom that you can no longer come over to her house and she is not welcome to come over to yours if your sister is with her. It is going to come down to protecting and doing the best for your daughter. From the sounds of things, your daughter is not safe to be around your sister. Good Luck!![/b]

Dont let your sister see how it hurts you. Just pity her - she sounds like she needs it. In the meantime contiunue to focus on your baby and if your sister acts out say to her "look, competing with a 2 year old is just sad. I will come back when you are capable of acting like an adult" and then get up and leave. dont engage.....

the more you do, the more she will gan power over you.....
January 27th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Future Mama 1 day
That is a big problem. It sounds like your sister can do no wrong with it comes to your mom. My mother is the same with my sister. I say try and talk to your sister and let her know her behavior towards you and your daughter are unacceptable. If she does not accept that fact I would say keep Mia away from her till she straightens out.
February 3rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Did you talk to them?? How are things now??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search