Grrr.... ExEmployer... I'm getting IRKED!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2006, 10:57 AM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wha?

There's a room where I can complain? About just about anyone and anything?

I'm in a muddle right now and I am starting to get HIGHLY irked...

I have requested my W2s now FIVE times from a previous employer, and they are skirting around refusing to issue a copy of them because they mailed them out to my previous address....

I POLITELY told them that address belonged to my ex, and he trashes anything not for him. Simple and straight to the point... So, I was requesting a copy of the W2 form.

They had the NERVE to write back and tell me that I should take my ex to court for violating federal laws by tampering with the mail system and that it would take too much work for them to get me a copy...

***?!?! I called them TWICE the first and second week of December only to get voicemail telling them that they needed to call me, as I had moved and had a new address for my W2 forms.

So I emailed them politely... They emailed back saying the form had been mailed to my previous address and unless ti came back.... and pretty much left a blank unless it comes back you are SOL.

So I emailed them again telling them that was my exes address. They KNEW I had ended things with him when I left the company due to abuse...And that I had already contacted him and he said he trashed everything that wasn't for him. (Technically, his right) I also politely reminded them of the law, and that I had forwarded copies of the electronic submissions via email to him.

Today, they write back and have the nerve to tell me that I should take my ex to court and to prosecute him for tampering with the mail, as my relationship problems weern't theres and it would take this and that to get me a copy of the W2 forms...

I completely lost it...

Here's my email to him:

No Scott, what is your concern now is that I have clearly stated not once, not twice, but now three times via electronic submission for you to send me a copy of my W2 forms. I have already contacted the IRS "asking" about non compliance, and for you to continue to refuse to send me a copy puts you in violation of a federal law.

Please do not tell me what I should or should not do regarding my personal life. Just because I mention him does not give you the right to give your "opinion". That is my personal business, and quite frankly, you need to stay out of it.

This is now the FIFTH request that I have made for my W2 form. Two via phone calls, and three via electronic submissions. I will not continue to make such requests.

You need to do what you feel is necessary to get me the form as I have now requested FIVE TIMES. If you continue to refuse and do not take the proper actions to do so, as of Monday, I will file a formal complaint with the IRS with a copy of these electronic submissions as proof of your continuing non compliance with the IRS laws to make a copy available to me upon request.

Sorry I only put it in red... Not to him...

Am I in the right or the wrong here? I'm tired of fighting with them. I just want my forms so I can get back the friggen money that the government owes me... (They always owe me back everything)...

Thanks!
January 31st, 2006, 11:08 AM
Super Mommy
YOU GO GIRL!!!!! Get him!!!!!

Why is he acting like that? Why is it a big deal to make a copy. With the energy they spent telling you what to do... they could have given it to you... a couple of times.

Good luck...

Julie

One of my babies I carried in my heart and one I carried under my heart...

Remember... behind every successful mother.. there is a basket of dirty laundry!!!</div>
January 31st, 2006, 11:15 AM
See! That's what I'm saying! And I don't have my last paycheck stub... Gawd I haven't worked for them in MONTHS I tell ya...

He's being a jerk and then some... Telling me it's MY tough luck I didn't file a forwarding address... It's MY fault that I didn't inform them at the beginning of the year in writing of the new address... It's MY fault this and that...

I emailed the CEO and Vice President of the company today with a copy of the emails telling him I had already contacted the IRS and they said by Monday if they haven't agreed in writing to issue a copy that I should go ahead and move foward with a formal complaint against the company for noncompliance with IRS laws...

We'll see where that takes me, considering I was the Senior Exec Assistant for the VP and Pres....
January 31st, 2006, 11:15 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I just dont see what the big deal is about making a copy. Gee, like it actually costs that much to copy and mail out a stupid peice of paper. Come on!!! I think the email you have sent to him sounds good, its not threatening and it gets right to the point. Just make sure that you follow through on the jerk and report him if you dont get your paper.
Sounds like you might want to consider going down to the post office or you can get the form online and do a change of address if you are still getting stuff sent to an ex.

You can come here anytime and vent about anything!!!!

GOOD LUCK GETTING THOSE W2's for your refund!!!!
February 1st, 2006, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
What's the big deal about them making you a copy. You could even go down there and pick it up. Threaten them you'd contact a lawyer if they don't give you a copy. Even if you don't have a lawyer. Maybe they might think you mean business.
February 1st, 2006, 04:46 PM
Did the whole lawyer thing... They dared me to contact the IRS on them... LITERALLY...

Come Monday, if nothing has been sent, I have all the information along with proof of my persistant contact regarding them and their consistant refusals...

All the emails are printed, phone bills are pulled...
February 2nd, 2006, 10:18 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are perfectly right. I have had to request duplicate W2s before and it was never an issue. And I agree that in the amount of time he has spent going back and forth with you - he could have pulled several copies for you.

I know they were required to provide you a copy by 1/31 - since you gave them a new address back in December and they sent it elsewhere, I believe they are in violation of the law.

Good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search