I am under so much stress. I literally feel sick I need a vacation

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2006, 02:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
This morning I literally feel nausious. I can't call in sick to work. There is no one to call at this hour that could find me someone to do my work today. We got that 2 hour before your shift starts or before to call in. I'm ready for a long vacation. The stresses I got make me tired and out of it most the time. I'm up getting ready for work. My mind and body is still in la la land. In a hour I got to be out the door for work. Good thing I am off Thursday and Friday. I can sleep in tomorrow. Yesterday I go to a funeral after work. It was for a coworker whoes father passed on. I and the supervisor and another woman took a card and flowers to the church this funeral was at. I got dropped off at home around 4pm or just before. Dh was to take our son to a music lesson and then drop him back at school for a pep band event. I was already really tired. I was going to order supper delivery from this place we order from regular. Eat and then watch some tv and go to bed early. Ok 4:45 dh is gone with our son to music lesson. Phone rings. It's the woman who manages the bar and grill down the block from me. How she got my number I didn't know. Says hey this is Debbi from the bar. Says your mother is here selling candy bars for her church or something. She wants to know if I would come down have a drink with her. I said oh I don't know. I guess. Figured well if I'm ordering out for food. They have good burgers at the bar. I'll get some food there. I said tell her give me a bit. I throw my shoes back on. Was going to grab my coat and purse and leave. the phone rings again. It's Debbi from the bar again. She says my mother fell. She is bleeding. She got up off the bar stool and got snagged between her coat and the chair. I said does she need stitches. As no one is home to drive her to the ER. No she don't need no stitches. But we only got some small bandaids. She needs some bigger ones. Bring her a clean shirt. She's got blood on her shirt. I go in the bathroom and grab some first aid stuff. Then grab one of my shirts. Toss it in a bag and gp up the block. They got a towel on moms cut. I said she bleeds more becaiuse she is on heart meds and daily aspirin therapy. All that thins your blood. I patch mom up. Said why are you out selling candy bars tonight. Oh I got choir practice at church tonight. I thought I'd come out early and sell the rest I had for choir. We told her she should not be lugging this big bag of candy around. This was the second time in a week she was in the bar with candy bars. Finally mom says I got to walk up the block to church for choir. I said well I'm ordering dinner to take home. Mom leaves. Debbi says did I know mom was at the Dog House and Bennetts selling candy. Oh she sort of said so. I told her the Dog House is not a place for her. Well they have a rowdy crowd hanging there. I tried talking to her. But she does her own thing. Yet if I go out alone. Oh you can't be in the bar. Tells me how bad it is. She goes alone. It's not safe for her to be out alone in the bar or on the streets at night. She's in her late 70's has health issues. She'd be a easy target to be robbed. Mom is not to carefull about herself or her purse. In seconds someone could take it. She couldn't deffend herself. I call dh at home. Said did you see my note. I'll be home soon with some food. Had a incident with mom to deal with. Told dh the whole thing when I got back. I ate and got to bed after 9pm. It felt like I never slept.
February 6th, 2006, 11:30 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I hate jobs like that. I have had a couple like that, it is just not worth it. I suggest looking for another one that has good benefits.
February 6th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
oh dear ... maybe you are in need of a vacation ... can you take just a small one ... a one-nighter off by yourself to get some very much needed ME time to get your thoughts together or just to think about NOTHING at all?

sometimes one nighters help me a lot ...

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 12th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I was looking at trips. Well just a weekend one. I got a ad for some resorts in our state. About an hour and half from home. Well the prices were sort of high. And thinking of the area. There won't be much to do in the winter time. Many of the shops close up during the winter. But was looking at one placed that had a neat indoor water park. Something for kids and teens to do. Then stuff for adults to do. Like spa services including massage therapy and other spa things to pamper us adults. I thought I'd like that. Well where ever we went it had to allow our dog. Some hotels will allow small dogs like ours. Like the one way up north we stayed at had a small handfull of pet friendly rooms all on the first floor with patio doors to the outside for potty breaks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search