I cant do it anymore

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Send a message via MSN to steffany08
My fiance is a butt-head. He will cop an attitude with me if we are around friends and try and make me look stupid when he is the immature one he was without a job for 1 year and a half and now that he has a job and I'm out of wok (for a month) it give him the right to treat me the way he wants in front of people. Don't get me wrong he isn't always like this he is amazing when we are alone and is good most of the time in front of others but he will complain about me every so often and my friend of 4 years today said to me"I don't know how Ryan puts up with you" When he is the one who can't support his family was homeless with his son when I met him he is the one who kissed someone else! She said I'll learn that me and him won't work out, yea your right with people telling him I'm awful and planting bugs in his ears your **** right! She is jealous that I have a family that loves me and she is a single parent that has been cheated on and left by countless guys because she cheats and uses and tryes to get pregnant with every guy she has sex with!! I love my fiancethough we may have our problems everyone does. But I'm mad and I'm not sure if I mad at my fiance or my friend!
March 31st, 2009, 04:20 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you have issues with both of them. Firstly, i would sit down with your fiance and talk to him about how you are treated in public. Usually when someone critisizes you there are reasons for it. Like i used to 'dis' hubby in public (although i was joking/teasing) and it really hurt him and visa versa. I recognized thati did it becuase there were underlying issues there. I was feeling hurt and i was acting out (in a totally unappropriate way). it took a while to work through it but now when i feel like i am about to dis him, i stop myself and look at what i am feeling. i then approach him to discuss the real issue.

in terms of your friendship, i think its a little different. perhaps similar to the above, but i am less tolerant of having friends that are toxic around me. sometimes my BFF does make a comment etc but so do i. then i think its worth it to go through the above process. but what your friend said sounds beyond the point i would handle. i just drop toxic friends and tell them off. if they are saying things that extreme, it means they have whatever issues and if they are mean, dump 'em......
April 1st, 2009, 07:22 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
Sounds like you have issues with both of them. Firstly, i would sit down with your fiance and talk to him about how you are treated in public. Usually when someone critisizes you there are reasons for it. Like i used to 'dis' hubby in public (although i was joking/teasing) and it really hurt him and visa versa. I recognized thati did it becuase there were underlying issues there. I was feeling hurt and i was acting out (in a totally unappropriate way). it took a while to work through it but now when i feel like i am about to dis him, i stop myself and look at what i am feeling. i then approach him to discuss the real issue.

in terms of your friendship, i think its a little different. perhaps similar to the above, but i am less tolerant of having friends that are toxic around me. sometimes my BFF does make a comment etc but so do i. then i think its worth it to go through the above process. but what your friend said sounds beyond the point i would handle. i just drop toxic friends and tell them off. if they are saying things that extreme, it means they have whatever issues and if they are mean, dump 'em......
EXACTLY what she said!!!!! You need to have a serious talk with both of them!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search