Babysitter Vent

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I go back to work on monday, I found a sitter last month, last week we finalized the cost, the times, and I brought my dd to meet the other kids that this lady has. Well this morning she calls me to say that she can no longer take my dd because one of her other kids mom's called today and wants her to babysit him full time. So here I am less then 48 hours till I start work, and I have no sitter, I've spent all day calling around, and still I'm out of luck. Unfortunately neither dh or I have family here, only his daughter who is in school. I have such a headache--and I'm running out of options, I can't afford not to go back to work, I hate the idea that I don't even have time to check out a new sitter (if I can find one). You know I already was stressed out about leaving my dd for the first time, and about having to pump at work, and how she's going to adjust, and now this......Anyways I quess I'm just angry, I just keep hoping that something works out tomorrow.
February 11th, 2006, 05:23 PM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
oooooohhhhhhh, she is so cute and i feel bad for ya that really sucks i wish you luck
February 12th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
That really sucks. Getting only 48 hours notice on the sitting arrangement. I hope your able to work things out quickly. Even if it's temp sitter till something more permanent comes around. I'd be angry also. I know what it means to work. Not only for the financial reasons but you need some time away from home and the family. If I had my way financially. I'd be home instead of working. But for me it's not a possiblity right now.
February 13th, 2006, 12:49 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Does not sound like she is a very compassionate sitter to do something like that, she should have at least offered to watch her until you found someone else. I guess you kid would be better off in the long run not being with this person. Hopefully you can find someone to babysit at this short notice.
February 13th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just thought I would update and say that everything worked out pretty good, my good friends sister is babysitting for me (only for two months but that gives me lots of time to find someone) and she's charging half of what I was going to be paying and she lives two blocks from my workplace! So I guess it wasn't such a bad thing (now that I'm no longer stressed and the situation is in control)!!
February 13th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I'm glad things worked out for you. I know how stressful it is when it comes to trusting someone with your kid. I have only left my DD for like a few hours at a time and it was always with a friend. LOL! I am so chicken when it comes to leaving her.

February 14th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Quote:
Does not sound like she is a very compassionate sitter to do something like that, she should have at least offered to watch her until you found someone else. I guess you kid would be better off in the long run not being with this person. Hopefully you can find someone to babysit at this short notice.[/b]
I agree on the above and I'm happy that your friend's sister is helping you out ... yay!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 15th, 2006, 12:36 PM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry some people stress me out. I had someone do that to me to, I interviewed her a couple of times took my dd over there to get her comfortable and then that. Hope things get better for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search