Poker night with they guys...

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love my DH...and I rarely get anrgy with him....but boy do I need to VENT

So he comes home from work, LATE, eats supper and while we are bathing our DD tells me he's going out tonight to play poker with the boys. I'm kinda taken aback, it's weird he would just do something like that spur of the moment, but whatever. He also knows I don't like him drinking when I have to work the next morning (I leave at 5am) because sometime after he's had a couple of beer he sleepwalks. He can get violent and angry and has more then one occassion gone for our DD's bedroom and I've had to cut him off and lead him back to bed. I don't know what he would do in her room, but I don't want to find out. I would hate for him to get up after I had left for work. Anyway, that being said, I was a little anxious about him going out on a sunday night, but like I said....whatever. He's a grown man.

So he's sitting on the couch, waiting for someone to pick him up, watching for them. We were having a conversation and the doorbell rings...he turned as white as a ghost. He answers the door and in walks this (maybe) 18 year old GIRL, asking "Matty" too use his bathroom. She walked right in used our washroom giggled a bit and left. Ummm WHAT THE HELL?!?! He practically push her out the door closing it behind them. Boy I can't wait for him to get home tonight...he better start working on his story now

</div>
February 19th, 2006, 09:58 PM
mrobinson

Let us know how it went... (I am sorry I don't have much to offer.)
February 19th, 2006, 10:04 PM
HotMama84's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to HotMama84 Send a message via Yahoo to HotMama84
Oh wow! I'm sorry, but I wouldn't take that too lightly either. I hope he has a good explanation!! Let us know how it went.

*HUGS*
February 20th, 2006, 06:42 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Dang, that took nerve for him to even walk out that door with her. So what ended up happening??
February 20th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He said she is a girl from work, and that he knew I would be pissed if I knew that a few people he worked with were going because they are minors. ###### RIGHT I would be/am POed! He says it's no big deal, they just played cards and had a few beer (he was actually sober comming home). Non the less he is 23yo, he should NOT be drinking with minors. This girl who came in was only 17 and another guy was 18. (19 is the legal age in Ontario)

My question is if he knew it would make me angry, why would he do it? And what would he do if it was OUR Daughter who was 17 and some 23/24/27 (the others I THOUGHT he was going with) year old guys were buying her alcohol?

I don't like that at all. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

</div>
February 23rd, 2006, 02:23 PM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
You have every right to be mad...ask him if the situation was switched...would he be mad? And would he let you walk out like that? I don't know if that would help but i think he needs a reality check there to see how it would be the other way around...Im not sure. You should ask him those questions that you have, also.
I am new, My name is Leslie. Feel free to PM me anytime.

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
February 25th, 2006, 06:30 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Hmmmm not sure how much help I can be as my husband would still be on the porch begging to be let in. I would have been livid.

February 26th, 2006, 07:02 AM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quite frankly... I would have been livid too...

Giving/allowing underage minors to have alchohal is illegal in all 50 states and there can be pretty hefty fines, probation, and even jail stints for that behavior....
February 26th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Quote:
Hmmmm not sure how much help I can be as my husband would still be on the porch begging to be let in. I would have been livid.[/b]

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 26th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's funny how my thoughts went from that little W****!.... Too that poor girl has no idea what's comming.

I'm still POed. He knows that. He said he won't do it again. I told him I don't believe him. I told him if I ever catch him doing something so stupid again *I* will call the police on him.

There is no need for 23, 24 and 27 year old men to be giving a 17 year old girl alcohol, no good reason anyway. He KNOWS how I feel about this.

</div>
February 26th, 2006, 07:28 AM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree whole hearted!

I can think of many things a 17 y/o girl should be doing instead of being out drinking with guys....
February 26th, 2006, 09:16 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well your much nicer then I would have been..
I would have told her she couldnt use my bathroom and to get the hell outa my house and my man would not have left with her unless he didnt plan on coming back home EVER!
Needless to say i woulda went off on him for buying her alchol and even being with an underage girl or a girl period.. Ugh men..

I hope everything works out for you..

February 26th, 2006, 11:17 AM
kel_86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kel_86
I agree with you as well. I definatly don't think I would have been as nice as you. I doubt he would like it if the roles were reversed or if the 17 yeard old were your daughter. Hope everything works out
February 26th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Veteran
Are you sure they were just playing cards?

February 26th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would assume they were just playing cards. DH came home sober. They all work together, I still think it's wrong for them to be giving a 17yo girl beer. Something just seems very wrong about that. They shouldn't put her in that postition. I don't know the other guys well that he works with, only a couple of them.

And I let him walk out the door because I was sitting with Raine on my lap, I was just about to put her to bed. I don't fight in front of my DD. Otherwise he wouldn't have made it out.

</div>
February 27th, 2006, 06:22 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
Quote:
Well your much nicer then I would have been..
I would have told her she couldnt use my bathroom and to get the hell outa my house and my man would not have left with her unless he didnt plan on coming back home EVER!
Needless to say i woulda went off on him for buying her alchol and even being with an underage girl or a girl period.. Ugh men..

I hope everything works out for you..[/b]

Survivor Mom - My Blog

February 28th, 2006, 06:55 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I can see your point where you had your lil girl on your lap.
I woulda put her in her crib then went after him lol

I really do hope everything works out for you and you dont have any more of these situations to deal with..

March 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I hope that he shapes up. Good luck!

March 6th, 2006, 04:15 AM
syncere
I defintely would not have been that nice.. Ive been cheated on and lied to enough to where my trust is not very sturdy to start with.. Its sad to say that a large part of those young 17-18 year old girls that you would like to assume are just getting taken avantage of by being given beer and etc are exactly the opposite.. They are the ones who are asking for the beer they are the ones who are excuse me for saying this (and it might not be the case with that girl but,) wh*ring themselves to multiple guys who are married or who just simply have gf's.. Its sad to say that girls are getting worse everyday they dont seem to care if someone is married dont seem to care who they hurt.. they just want attention.. and if being a s|ut is how they get it thats how they do it.. I can tell you what though.. Even if my hubby did work with her I would have still went CRAZY went he pushed her out of the door like that so fast.. Right there would have made me think hmm why is he trying to get her out of the house so fast.. Now like I said Im not trying to say that she is wh*ring herself out or that your husband is a part of this but, just be weary and not so trusting when you see some young girl wanting to hang out with your OLDER husband.. 90% of the time working together or not there is a catch somewhere in there..
March 10th, 2006, 06:47 AM
jodes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
<span style="font-family:Arial">My DH would still be sleeping outside with the Dog if he pulled that crap. That's BS. I would have had words right after the kid went to bed, because that wouldn't fly if the tables were turned at all.</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search