Where do I draw the line. I am so fuming I want to scream

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2006, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I like the work I do for the residents where I work. The work can be hard at times. Meaning lots of work to do. But it's all for the residents who live there. They depend on us to put out quality food and quality service all the way round in everything offered where I work. I always give 100% at work. I never cop a bad attitude. Not unless they push my buttons to the limit. Well it's almost the last straw with one coworker Menia. She can be a nice person when she wants. But right now she has it bad for Tony our lead cook/sous chef. Meaning she has the hots for him I think. Well she flirts with him all the time they work together. Then she side tracks him from his work. No wonder things are not getting done properly. The other week Tony had promised he'd finish up the production sheet for that particular day. All that was left was cut hams for the next days dinner and slice some sun dried tomato turkey for the next days lunch special. He did neither. So that next morning I was fuming. In my head I said *** is his problem. Don't promise to do something and don't. I tell my supervisor Teresa. She said she'd talk to him. I left it at that. Well that day Menia side tracked him. Kept saying Tony can you do this for me. Tony can you get this for me all through her shift. Tony should be telling her. He has his own work to do. She shouldn't be bothering him with putzy stuff she's suppose to do. So yesterday I, Tony and Menia worked. I was the 6-2:30 cook. Tony was 9-5:30 cook. Menia was 2-close. I had a really busy day yesterday. We worked short staffed on dining services aids. So us cooks had I to pick up the slack where no help was. It was close to my quitting time. Mind you I never got my lunch break yesterday. Tony says what about the lasagne for Tuesday. I said well we been busy. So if you can at least cook off the hamburger meat drain it well. I'll assemble the lasagne in the morning. He says ok. Well at the time Menia comes in for her shift. She did not like I was standing next to Tony. Well I was discussing Tuesdays Menu with him. I said don't let me down. Please remember to cook the meat for lasagne. Don't get side tracked. Menia rudely says Yeah Tony don't get side tracked now. So after I left I guess she kept telling Tony each time she asked him for something. Oh I don't want to side track you now. Today I come in. Teresa my supervisor says what was all that side tracked thing yesterday Menia kept saying. I said you were in your office on a phone call. I put it point blank to Tony in front of Menia. Don't get side tracked. Please remember cook the meat for lasagne. She says Oh that's what that was. She was barking orders to Tony again. I said heard her as I was leaving. I said this is getting rediculous. Her behavior towards Tony is inappropriate for the work place. It has to stop. She needs to get a life. Or set her priorities straight. That she had no business being angry with me for talking to Tony. I was talking to him on work terms only. I was in no way acting sexual towards him. He has a gf and I have a dh. I am not looking for anything. We are coworkers and that is it. Then I said something about the meat slicer not being cleaned. She used it left it dirty. I left it that way for you to see. That she slips out early both days of our weekend to work. Saturdays is when we do the heavy duty cleaning. She is not there for any of that. Sundays as soon as brunch is done. She will put the left over food on a cart and shove it in the fridge. Figures someone else can deal with it. Well if we have lots of like the meat items. We will freeze it for another time. This last Sunday she didn't even push the food to the fridge. She dumps it on the back counter for me to deal with. Half assed wiped down the line and says I'm going. Bye see ya Monday afternoon. She didn't even wipe the burners on the stove down. There was still spilt gravy on one burner and greasy stuff spattered around. I cleaned it. I drew the line at the filthy meat slicer she left. It sat that way for 2 days. Then when dinner is almost ending. She will wander off doing other things. There are still residents in the dining room who haven't been served. They will say Hey Teresa can you get some plates. Menia is no where to be found. If I work the line for a meal. If I got to leave the line for any time. I tell the aids. I'll be in back doing something if you need me. Yell you got orders. Or I'll be back in 2 minutes going to the bathroom. Or going to get something we may have ran out of on the line. If I am the one plating up meals. My priority is stay on the line and do the orders as they come in. Give quality service to the residents. I guess the other Monday the food she was serving was not hot enough. Residents were complaining. This and that was cold. Instead of doing whatever it took to make the food hot. No she moaned to other staff. How dare the say the food is cold and this and that. They got no business complaining. I wish the director of housing was there to hear Meania say them things. She's be fired there on the spot. If Menia keeps it up with her attitude about the job in general and keeps flirting with Tony. I will go to upper management and say something. That it's not fair to the rest of us we pick up the slack for work she does not do. Or have to take blame for food she made that we others have to serve that is not of quality. And there is nothing we can do to fix it. Well we tried to correct her on some chilli she made. I told her not to use the chilli sauce stuff in the can. The residents do not like it. Say it's like eating manwich. I gave her a recipe of mine the residents liked. But she would not use it. Continues to make it with canned chilli sauce. She gets mad if you correct her on anything. She can't take criticism. Thinks oh everyone is being mean. I just hope Menia's been talked to by Friday. That's when I work with her next. If she cops an attitude I'll blow up on her big time. Teresa has promised she'd talk to Tony about how he is a boss to us cooks. So he should act that way. I hope she does.
February 22nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Sounds to me like the supervisor Teresa needs to step up and act like a supervisor and take care of the issues with this woman. If Teresa can sit there and tell you about some of the stuff that she is personally seeing and knows about, ie the plates and the "dont get off track", then she needs to be doing her job and putting this person in her place! Take it to some of the higher ups if nothing is being done. Remind them that health department could come in and give them some serious voilations for the meat slicer not being clean and food not being stored properly. Or, if you have the guts, call the health department yourself and see if you can get them to come on a particular day or time when you are not there but the two of them are.
February 22nd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
She won't do it. She'll talk to her but not sternly enough. I think what needs to happen. Menia needs to be written up. But by someone above Teresa's head. I wish the director of housing was around evenings. I wish she'd walk through the kitchen more when Menia is working. The director of housing is Mary H. She is very prim and proper. She likes things to be perfect. But is usually never around past 4pm on weekdays. You never see her on weekends. I might just drop her a hint to walk through on a Monday after 4:30pm, Or every other Friday same time as well as every other Wednesday same time. Or just come through them days after 2:15pm. Hang around a bit watching Menia flirt with Tony. Teresa is a nice person to work for most times. But she needs to step up to the plate more often to be a boss. Tell people I want things this way. Or you need to do this or that better etc. etc. Not allow some things to continue and people think it's ok. Tony also needs to put Menia in her place. Say her behavior and attitude are not ok in the work place. Tell her she needs to do more of her work and allow him to do his. If she won't change her attitude. He needs to repremand her. No wonder some days he does not get to putting stock away when it comes in. I just leave it sit. Unless it's produce. Well the driver will plop it on the kitchen floor. It cannot sit to long out of the fridge. So I put it away as soon as I can. By not saying something. Tony is allowing Menia's behavior to continue.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search