I am so fed up with my fiance

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2006, 03:29 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpgrl8
With me being out of work and not going back until the end of march (just weekends as I am a college student) we are financially hit (like most new parents). My fiance and I live together in a 3 bedroom apartment, have 1 car payment, and numerous other bills like most families. When I got pregnant the plan was for him to get a second job and start saving up a little fund for when we had the baby and I was out of work. I also used up all my vacation time while on maternity leave. Well, my fiance did find a second job as a pizza delivery guy (and brings home pretty good tips plus his hourly wage) but failed to save ANY of his money. Granted, he only made about $1000 in wages and the rest in tips since he only had the job for a couple months before I gave birth to my son but didn't save a PENNY. Since my account is dwindling low and we have been late on bills I am furious. Not to mention he is spending $30-$40 out of each check on stupid stuff like CD's etc.
The problem is that I want to stay home and not go back to work except maybe 1 day a week. Being a mom and a student is extremely hard and I really want to spend as much time as I can with my son since I am in class and internship all day 2 days a week from 8am-8-pm. My grandmother has suggested that we would come live with her (rent free of course) and save our money. My fiance is very against this idea because he lived with his ex-wife's family and HATED it. I have been weighing the pros and cons and trying to come up with a plan that may work.

Pros:staying home with my baby instead of working, having money for things we need plus a little extra pocket money , less stress as I will be closer to grandma who babysits and family as well, and we will be in a safer nicer neighborhood. Cons: less freedom and independence (grandma will be there 24hours a day), living in someone else's house, it will be cramped quarters etc...

I have just been really frustrated lately and mad because my fiance knew for NINE MONTHS that this baby was coming. He said he did "save" some money but blew it one day because I was being a b**** or something like that. Granted, my fiance is wonderful, caring, and wants to be a family but he says stupid things like "things will work out" and "we'll make it". My question is how can you talk like that when I am not making any $$ and he pays $300 a month to his ex-wife for child support. I just want to do the right thing and I don't know what it is..

February 22nd, 2006, 03:38 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Write out a monthly budget showing everything that you guys owe and spend money on like food, gas, diapers, cd's, whatever else. Then put on the paper what money comes in and then sit his little immature hinney down and show it to him. Maybe then he will realize that he can not blow his money like he used to be able to. Tell him that you are going to be responsible of writing out the bills so he needs to sign all of his check over to you and you will give him an allowence so to speak that he can get gas or whatever with. If after a couple of months things still dont work out, then off to grandma's house we go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search