I'm gonna lose it!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2004, 02:10 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
I'm gonna lose it girls...

Bailey has been in a new bed for about a month, and at times she sleeps great. This morning she crawled into bed with us at 4am. Then she rossed, turned, and talked. DH finally got up for work, and I *thought* she was going to settle down and sleep. It was 5:30am, and she gets out of bed, opens, Josh's door, turns on his light, and wakes him up. THEN she decides it's time to go back to bed. I told her she was staying up awhile until Josh was ready for a nap, so that we could ALL go to sleep for awhile. UGH!!!

Then yesterday, I was doing laundry, and my ring got caught on the little flappy door on the lint trap, and it yanked a diamond out, and its in dryer neverland! DH took the dryer apart, but the thing could be anywhere! Thankfully we bought some guarantee, so it will be replaced free, but when I had it checked last, they said a prong was up, but because the diamond wasn't loose, they wouldn't fix it. Maybe they'll think twice now? UGH!!!

Sorry this was longer than I planned...
Thanks for "listening"...
August 16th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
How old is Bailey??

I'm not looking forward to Victoria getting out of her crib...I KNOW she'll be doing that and believe me I'll be here venting too!!

Sorry to hear about your ring...I hate when things like that get broken, or go missing!!

If you check out My Webpage You'll see some pics of us.
August 16th, 2004, 02:20 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
Bailey is 3.5 - she will be 4 in December. We had her in a toddler bed, and that took time to adjust, be after she was in it, she stayed in it - no problems! Now she has bunk beds, and she just won't stay in them! We even took her naps away during the day, so that'd she'd be good and tired, but I don't think she was tired enough. And she knows how to open doors, so that isn't an option. And she screams if you do anyway. *sigh*

Pray for my sanity...
August 16th, 2004, 05:36 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
We had been using the door knob things on her door, to keep her from coming out (she was still unsteady on the steps). But we can't even close the door anymore - she's terrified to have it closed - even during the day.

And Josh's door won't close right. It's not warped, but we have certain doors that do/don't close right during certain weather - KWIM? Only his NEVER closes right. DH tried to correct it, but it still won't work. Bailey manages to push it open with a few good shoves...

I swear she has hit the terrible twos late! She has been pretty much the perfect child up until the past month or so...she becomes downright mean when she's tired, and she has been very mean lately...but she just won't nap - we've tried - and she's not sleeping that well at night...

All this is wearing on me...
August 16th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is she too big for a toddler gate?? That way the door could stay open but she would be contained at night. (or: plan B: put one on Josh's door to keep her out. I won't keep her safe at 5am, but it will keep him asleep.)
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
August 16th, 2004, 06:37 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I was going to suggest the baby gate thing too. That is what I use. I can't shut the door either or she flips out!! I mean she really flips out to where she vomits! So, needless to say door shutting isn't an option for us, I am sure that when she gets older, that door will be shut plenty! My DD is in the highest point of the terribel two's I think. She can be such a little pain and mean sometimes, and then other times she is a little angle!
I have had a lot of problems with her and sleeping. It seems to be under control right now. I bought the book Solving Your Child's Sleep Problems, and that really helped me out. She refused to sleep in her toddler bed and she is in a twin bed now.
Hang in there and know that you are NOT alone!! (((((HUGS)))))
August 17th, 2004, 03:03 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
I don't think the gate would work - knowing her, she'd just yell for us. LOL...I did manage to close the door last night. I checked on her when I went to bed and closed the door. Whether or not that's what kept her in her room, I'll have to wait and see.

I really appreciate all the replies on this one ladies! Fortunately, yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. LOL I envisioned myself going nutso...

I know that she'll eventually outgrow this, its just frustrating while she adjusts...knowing I have your support makes it easier...am I sad? LOL

Thanks again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search