I need advice on what to do

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2009, 08:11 AM
calebsmom_paulswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a sticky situation. I started taking care of an eleven year old girl for the summer on Tuesday. One hour into the day, "accidently" she threw the Wii remote through my flat screen television. This television is three months old. My homeowners insurance doesn't want to pay for it because the child isn't mine. They want her parents to pay for it through their homeowners policy. The problem is, she is being raised by her grandparents. I asked them to contact their homeowners insurance, and the woman came back and said, "they said no". Like that was the end of it. OMG...what am I to do? I need to confront these people but I need advice on how to do this. I am out a VERY expensive television here. I am so frustrated. Please help! I am now fighting my own insurance company to resolve this situation.
May 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Oh wow!!! What a mess your in!!! Sounds like she made no effort at all to contact them. What about asking her for her insurance info, like who her agent is and say something along the lines that your fed up with your agent and ask who she goes through and then give that info to your company and let them contact the other agency. You may have to take her to small claims to get reimbursed if she doesnt want to give out any info.
June 2nd, 2009, 12:23 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Jenn.

Not great situation as she is on your property and I'm not sure if the legal risk on of you or her parents???? I would ask her for her insurance details and if she isnt playing nice, get to smalls claims....... the fair situation is to pay half half i guess............
June 4th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well if their insurance won't cover it, then they need to ante up out of pocket. It's just the right thing to do. If my son broke something at someone else's house, I would consider it my responsibility to cover the damages.
June 7th, 2009, 11:13 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Have you been able to make any head way with anyone on getting reimbursed?
June 11th, 2009, 02:04 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I agree, you may have to go to small claims.

There is a great local radio show here (I think it's nationally syndicated) where you can call in to get free legal advice. I think you can go to the web site too, and email in for free legal advice. Here is the web site, which also has the phone number on it I believe (KGO radio link): Len Tillem & Associates, Elder Law, Estate Planning, Trusts, Probate, Personal Injury. I called him once to ask advice about medical malpractice. Len is awesome!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

June 15th, 2009, 09:16 PM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Take them to smalls claims. At that point, who cares how they come up with the money, whether it's their savings or their homeowners. You should have to deal with it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search