AAAAHHHH!! MY mother..

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2006, 01:36 PM
kel_86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kel_86
Hello it's me again. Yes..I have to vent again.

OMG!!! I cant beleive my mother. It seems that she never gets any better...just worse. I just found out that my older sister might have ovarian cancer. Which my mom just got over a couple years ago. My sister is very upset by this as she has a 4 year old and is a single mother. The other day she called to tell me that she might have cancer and that she wanted to make up a will, she wants me to be the guardian of my nephew if she passes. Of course I said I would since I love the little guy to death. But while talking about it she told me that the only thing our mother had to say about it was "Good, now you know how i feel!" Like ***??? Who says that to their daughter? My mother and I have never had a good relationship and she has done/said a lot of nasty things, but to say that about cancer. OMG!! it pisses me off.

Is there anyone else out there who has a broken relationship with their mother??? What do you say to her about a comment like that??
February 27th, 2006, 03:14 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I cant say that I have much experience in breaking it off with my mom, but we have for the inlaws. We said what we had to say to them. We changed our phone number and did not speak to them and that was that. I cant believe she would say anything like that. It is your sister's wish that you take her son, so your mother should have enough respect to honor that instead of acting like a child because she didnt get picked. Time to grow up mom! Sorry you are having to go through that with her.
March 1st, 2006, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
That' so sad. Your sister might have cancer. Your mothers attitude is just like my mother. Mom would want to do something with us. Ok example go out to dinner or shopping. I'd say not today. I'm tired. I'm going to bed early so I can get up for work. Mom would say. Now you know how it was when I worked all them years. I did it all for you kds. So like my mther. Your mother is sort of turning this into a her thing. That always urks me when my mother does that.
March 2nd, 2006, 02:46 PM
Hello. Sorry I've been meaning to reply sooner but I've been a little busy. The thing is my mother does not know that my sister and I will be getting my nephew. So when she does find out she will be completly mad at all of us. My mother always trys to make every situation turn into her thing. For example, if my husband and I go down to visit my mother will make everything about her and try turning the attention to her. The last time she was getting off the couch and just fell the the floor, trying to "pretend" that her hip was hurting her. My older sister still lives at home and she told me that the only time my mothers hip "bothers" her is when there's company. I feel so bad for my sister that she might have cancer too. I mean my mom did survive from it, but my sister is very scared that she is going to leave her son behind and she wants to make sure that he will be safe. She is making my sister and I take him because she only trusts that with us, he will get the money that she leaves him. My mother would spend all of it before my nephew would get a chance to get it. I really do hope that she doesn't have cancer....
March 5th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Super Mommy
I don't understand how your mother could say that. Surely she would be thinking and wanting to say 'oh no, i'm so sorry you have to go through this too' and you would think it would be the last thing she would want. even though she probably said it on the spur of the moment and perhaps didn't fully realise the implication of her words, it's incredibly selfish and unloving. i would never want my ds to experience any kind of health scare like that - let alone would i be 'glad' if i had gone through something, if he then went through it too. i would probably actually feel worse, wondering if i had passed it on. i will think positive thoughts for your sister, but i also think she is doing the right thing 'just in case' that you will get her little boy, and not your mother.

March 6th, 2006, 01:31 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thats horrible..
Me and my mom take spells of not getting along and not speaking for weeks but she would never say something like that about cancer because her mom died from cancer..
*hugs* im sorry your moms being soo insenstive about such a serious matter.. if you ever need to talk im here!

Thats horrible..
Me and my mom take spells of not getting along and not speaking for weeks but she would never say something like that about cancer because her mom died from cancer..
*hugs* im sorry your moms being soo insenstive about such a serious matter.. if you ever need to talk im here!

March 6th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Thank you all for your replies...I know that my mother is insensitive, but i didn't know she is that insensitive. I love my mother...but what she said definatly puts a strain on our relationship..even though she didn't say it to me. If my sister were to leave my nephew with my mom, i would normally be fine, but my mother is really instable right now. She's on anti-depressents and "crazy" pills. Her doctor wants to put her on stronger ones, but she refuses. I live an hour away from my parents and one day i went down to visit(she knew we were comming down), i got there and my nephew was making himself a sandwhich(he was only 3, and he got the butter,peanut butter, bread and knife and was making it all by himself). Meanwhile, my mother is sleeping on the couch. I've left my daughter with her once and she fell asleep..my nephew who is now four..was taking care of her. I will NEVER leave my daughter with her again...i know that sounds bad but i'm looking out for my daughter. Thanks for letting me vent.
March 6th, 2006, 02:38 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow.. I dont blame you for not wanting to leave her with your mom..

It does make it hard when parents say stuff.. It makes me think id never say something like that to my daughter..

Feel free to vent away

Hopefully your mom will get things worked out and apoligize to your sister.. Perhaps the meds had something to do with it? Or has she always been like that?

March 6th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Oh wow.. I dont blame you for not wanting to leave her with your mom..

It does make it hard when parents say stuff.. It makes me think id never say something like that to my daughter..

Feel free to vent away

Hopefully your mom will get things worked out and apoligize to your sister.. Perhaps the meds had something to do with it? Or has she always been like that?[/b]

No..my mother has always been that way. She always thinks her first...she's supposed to take her "crazy pills" but she doesn't, and it makes her even worse...the thing is is that she doesn't even talk to her mother for probably 10-15 years. I don't even remember the last time they talked. they don't get along. and i really don't want that to happen to me and her. Since i had my daughter, i realize how special a mother-daughter relationship is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search