The IRS is on my nerves

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Veteran
Got an audit letter-8 pages long on Saturday. Have spent all day working on old taxes. AND the IRS made an $8000 mistake--for which I have the document as proof. Even though I have the specific paper, I still think they will have some negative finding. I hate needing to explain and justify to some stranger who will be smug and totally out of touch with reality about expenses and documents. Want to say bluntly--YOU did not get your documents in order and therefore your math is wrong. After all is the IRS ever wrong? Pay attention to the mortgage issues and federal programs rather than tell me I messed up. I don't have the form and did not report it because the government did not send it. I do have 500 other records and that is how I know I don't have that one. Hopefully, the 20 pages I am returning will show them I am right and they messed up. What are the chances that I could call to complain and the phone person will speak plain old unaccented English? I have spent hours on hold with them already. I am sending my response registered mail so they can not delay. The part about interest and penalities accruing since years ago is very punitive. I want to bill them for my time in researching and documenting their error. I can not imagine them sending me a little comment saying Oops, we messed up. Here's interest and a penalty on us goofing up. When will I know if I need a lawyer? I thoroughly mistrust lawyers--that is why I am here anyhow. A pox on my lawyer nieces and hateful sister. I had hoped when the judge sent the final order, I would be through with them. One thing that especially ticks me off is the IRS takes complaints and reports anonymously but does not check as to who and why they are reporting others. I know what goes around is supposed to come around but when? I am thinking that the IRS needs to review the court order and investigate where the money went on their own. I am just reporting my business and will not accuse nor provide evidence for them against others. Could not believe the comment that I am to indicate where money went and to whom it was paid. Their records should show who signed and got program proceeds. Hoping God sends some lightning bolts toward the guilty ones. Even static cling would be appreciated.
July 1st, 2009, 03:46 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Believe it or not the IRS is indeed wrong sometimes. They sent me a letter saying I owed them some $700 for my 2007 taxes. Yet said I over paid and got a $28 check in the mail. Confusing? You bet. Any who, my mom is an accountant and the one that prepared my taxes. So I handed her the letter and gave her my W-2's and haven't heard from them since. I hope you get things straightened out!

GL!
July 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Wow, what a mess!!! I hope you can get things straightened out WITHOUT having to owe more!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search