I am going to KILL DH's dog!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2004, 08:04 PM
alyssasmommy2001
OK, i am an animal lover really. I mean, we have taken in every stray we have ever found until we find it a permanent home. But THIS dog, he is EVIL incarnate! Because of him, I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, because he kept trying to chew up our satin comforter. Then, I wake up this morning, and he had chewed the knob off of the bottom drawer of my ANTIQUE FAMILY HEIRLOOM dresser. I gave him one more chance. Then, I walked into the nursery to discover he had chewed up the baby's stroller, and two of the bars on the baby bed. So now we have to buy a new stroller and possibly a baby bed, if Matt can't fashion some new bars. So I finally got mad and stuck him in the garage. I went out an hour later to check on him, and he had chewed Matt's 4 wheeler helmet, which for those of you who aren't into that sort of thing, those helmets cost around $120. He had also chewed the cord off of Matt's battery charger. So then I put him outside.(We have a fenced in backyard) He then climbed up on my lawn table and chewed up my pineapple and coconut candles. I am so pissed I can't see straight, and Matt is sitting here rubbing and petting all over him like he is the best dog in the world! I guess I should also mention that this dog weighs like eighty pounds, and he is constantly charging me and pouncing on my stomach. Now, am I WRONG for wanting to CHOKE the poor "innocent" dog? Like I said before, I love animals, but this dog is just pi$$ing me off. He destroys something, and then when I catch him, he runs and hides behind Matt, and looks at me like, "hrumph! You can't do anything about it!" AAAARRRRGGGGG!

**Edited to add** the dumb dog also pounced on my stomach last night, and I had some pretty bad cramping for about two hours. But I felt the baby move this morning and then again this evening, so I am sure everything is OK.
August 17th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! That's awful!

I would consider getting a dog crate. They are totally humane - most dogs love their crate because they are denning animals and feel safe and secure inside. When you can't watch the dog, give him a few chew toys and put him in the crate. It'll save your stuff and let the dog fulfill his chewing needs.

You didn't say how old the dog is, but if he's still a puppy, it's likely that he'll eventually outgrow the chewing stage.

Oh, and as far as the jumping goes...ouch! Would your dh consider obedience classes for the dog?
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

August 17th, 2004, 01:37 PM
alyssasmommy2001
Well, DH is gonna have to put him in some serious doggy boot camp classes! He is definately going to obedience school, whether hubby likes it or not! Things are better today. I think he is just mad at me, b/c since i got preggo I don't pet him as much, cuz he stinks and makes me sick, lol. i sprayed him with a spray conditioner to keep the smell down, and I loved on him for a while, so I think he is ok now. Thank goodness, b/c I think I would have lost it if I found one more chewed item, lol.
August 18th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
Does the dog have enough chew toys. For us plenty of chew toys worked. Otherwise I'd contact a vet for their advice on the situation. Crates are humane. Put the dog in a crate with some chew toys. I don't think you said if this dog is a puppy or not. If it's still in the puppy stage. That is the best time to work with the dog in learning some good habits.
August 18th, 2004, 08:44 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I think that if it were me and I was preggo, I would be asking if anyone wanted a new fur coat!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search