I AM NEVER TAKING HIM TO THE STORE AGAIN

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2004, 11:11 AM
I Heart 4x4
Daniel is driving me NUTS today!!! Absolutely NUTS.

We just got home from the grocery store ... it took me almost 2 hours to get it done (usually takes me about 45 minutes). He would not sit down for the life of him, kept pulling every toddler fit (you guys know - the whining, the flailing, the screaming, the kicking - everything). I was SO embarressed. I actually had some elderly lady come up to me and say "mom, that's his way of saying you should go home." LEAVE ME ALONE WOMAN!

Plus, I forgot to get like 5 things so when DH gets home from work, guess who is going back to the store? ME! And this time I WILL BE ALONE!!!!!!!!

RARRRRR!
August 17th, 2004, 11:39 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
Oh, been there, done that! All I can say, is (((HUGS)))!!!
August 17th, 2004, 11:44 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
(((HUGS)))

Sorry you had a rough day at the store.

I hope you have a chance to get out alone tonight!!

August 17th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
Ugh people can be sooo rude!!! They just dont understand that if you have a child you still have to do normal everyday things. Hugs hope it gets better...

August 17th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Shannoni71073
Daniel is much younger than my Bailey.....

The best thing grocery stores have added around her is free day care while shopping!!! It gets Bailey out of my hair and she enjoys playing with the other kids!! Grocery shopping is no longer such a chore...no running in the aisles....no "can I have that?" every 2 minutes....no "are we almost done?".....I love it!!!
August 17th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The ones around here now have "fire engine carts" -- sometimes they provide a distraction.

If that woman really wanted to help, she would have tried to distract him into a better mood. Where was her head?? Did she think you were unaware of his behavior?? Or that you've never seen a tantrum before? Or perhaps that this was your idea of a fun day out... right up there with a pina colada and a massage?
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
August 17th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Carol
Ahhhh, the fun of taking a toddler to the store. Now, multiply that by 2 and add 2 cases of the "I want's" and you have a typical day at the grocery for me.
August 18th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I been there done that. Don't want to do it again thing. Except our son was at the end of 1st grade. And he got the police to come and talk to us as well as dss. Our son had a tantrum really bad about wanting a quarter in the grocery store. Dh says no the whole time. Somehow a old woman insisted dh hit our son hard and gave son a bloody nose. Never happened. I was in the check out with dh where they claimed it happened. Police and DSS said dh swore in a statement he hit our son. I was never allowed to see that statement dh supposedly signed to that effect. I swore I'd never go shopping with our son again. I think that incident scared our son bad. He never acted up in the store again. I think he feared the police would take him away to live with a new family. When our son was a toddler some old lady at the mall got upset because I paddled his behind for running off on me. I did not spank him hard. Just enough to let him know I meant business he can't run off on me.
August 18th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
Once I had taken Avery to Kinkos in Walnut Creek (very high class town) and he was getting anxious and running around. He bumped his head and started crying. Well this guy comes up to me and tells me how I need to take him out of the store and not let him act like that. What a jerk. I was preggo so emotions were high and I about started to cry. I was soooo ticked off. Then after that to add insult to injury some old lady steps up and tells me she totally agrees with this guy.

August 18th, 2004, 07:37 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I have btdt too!! In fact, the latest one was on Monday. She thew herself down on the floor in the store and started screaming. I just picked her up and put her in the cart and went on. She has a thing that if she thinks that OTHER people will see her or hear her screaming and crying, then she will stop. So when she was in the cart, I kept telling her, wow look at all the people staring at you. She stopped. Another thing I have discovered since I know she doesnt like for other people to see her throw fits, is when we are at home and she does one, I pick her up and take her out on the front porch and tell her to go for it and that all the neighbors are going to see her. She stops. It is GREAT!! Hopefully this is a tool that I will be able to use for a while with her.
August 19th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You could always use my mom's tactic. She always tells a story about when my older brother was little, and he was throwing a major fit in the store up by the checkout. She looked down at him and said, "You tell your mother I am NEVER taking you to the store again!" lol I am definitely not looking forward to those days!

August 22nd, 2004, 05:45 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
KIDS WILL BE KIDS!!!! </span>

<span style="colorurple">You gotta love em!

August 23rd, 2004, 02:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've definitely been there! The grocery store we go to has those race car shopping carts and that helps a lot. The worst for us is the fabric store! My ds gets bored really quickly and will start trying to pull bolts of cloth onto the floor, take his shoes off and throw them, and throw stuff out of my cart. I try to hurry and get in and out of there as fast as possible, but I'm usually completely worn out by the time were through!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

August 23rd, 2004, 07:25 AM
Ma2RayPooh
lol i have been there also. she had a fit leaving walmart one day, i had to carry her from the cart return to the car and she was screaming and kicking, i felt like i was stealing her! LOL
August 23rd, 2004, 07:31 AM
alyssasmommy2001
Sorry you have to deal with that. I really don't have any problem with Alyssa. I make her feel like I need her help, so that keeps her occupied. When there is something on the shelf I need, I point to it and say, Hun, mommy can't reach that, can you get it for me please? I really need your help." It keeps her busy and makes her feel like she is needed all at the same time.
August 23rd, 2004, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
OHHH i so kno whow you feel!! I hate taeking hte kids to the store!!
If I need to get more than 1 thing I d try to di it when Dh is honme!!LOL

GOod luck!
~Kelly

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search