Total Life Rant

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2009, 08:40 PM
For starters...for the last month i have been dealing with depression/anexity. Just kinda figured that out after a month of snipping at my hubby and frustration with my step kids, and job, for no apparent reasons. So since last thursday my marriage has been sorta shakie, my life just seemed "heavy". Over the course of the next few days my hubby and i figured out that yes i need to go to the doctor and discuss things with him and so on. I was feeling a little bit better already.

So sunday afternoon, off of work for the day. Woke up, went out side for a cigarette with my mom ( we moved in in June to save some money to hopefully buy a house or up our credit and have a stash ) everything was normal. Then by 2pm we had to call the ambulance for her for chest pains. All vitals came back fine at the time but we still went in. No one really knew anything at the time, but they admitted her anyways. Next morning i wake up and head to the hospital and they had told her that yes she did have a Heart Attack ( mild ) but it showed up finally. Well they did the dye test in her heart and it all came back pretty bad, 99% blockage in one and about 50% blockage in the other. Wanting a bypass and everything. But for now they put a stint in one and are waiting to see what to do from here. Had to talk her into having the bypass ( everyone thinks its a good idea to help with everything ) and i do too but am so scared, i dont want my momma cut open, i dont like that part. This is so hard, im so mad at life, thank god its not worse i know and she is still here and its totally fixable, i just feel so lost, confused and helpless and so many other different emotions!

I just needed to get this out. Not a sob story just a get it off my chest. Thank you to all and any who atleast read this.
Crystal

Crystal (24) loves her DH Scott (37) and has to beautiful step children Kyra and Connor

July 29th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Super Mommy
hugs honey..... not easy. hope your mom is healed very soon

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
August 2nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I know its scary when something goes on with our parents. I have been there too!! (((HUGS)))
August 7th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Maitri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about your mom. They do bypasses every day, it's a very common procedure. Still, I know that doesn't ease your fears any. My son just had surgery and everyone assured me it would be fine, but you still worry.

As for the depression/anxiety - I've been on Zoloft for over a year for anxiety and it's made a world of difference. Definitely talk it over with your doctor.
September 28th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you ladies for your replies and warm words. Everything has been so crazy this is seriously the first time i've jumped on here since i wrote this im sure.

So Mom ended up going back to the hospital 3 days after her first stint procedure for more chest pain, did another angioplasty on her and ended up putting another stint in an artery they found out to be 90% blocked not the original 50-60% they were thinking. So the bypass has been put on the back burner because doctors are confident that the two stints will be just what she needs. Shes been back to work for about 3 weeks now and is doing very well, so scary tho, im only 24 and im a huge mommas girl so that time in my life was such a scary moment for me. But thank you all again for taking the time to read and post your thoughts, it means alot.
Crystal

Crystal (24) loves her DH Scott (37) and has to beautiful step children Kyra and Connor

September 30th, 2009, 05:58 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I am SO glad to hear that she is doing so well now!!!!!
October 18th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hang in there!
and take some time - any little bit - for yourself....
I have been through some similar scary bouts with my dad, and he's doing fine - cardiac rehab afterwards helps too.....
are you able to go to counseling to help yourself through this hard time, esp. w/ depression issues - it might help lift that heavy load off your back!
Thinking of you...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search