MIL vent!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2006, 02:08 PM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
Why does it feel like I'm about to rip somones eyes out at all times?

I have been waiting patiently for DH to get in from work since I played hookie today. We were going to go out for dinner with some friends. He gets in, he comes up the stairs, puts his jacket down and no sooner do I hear MIL, "PAAAAAAT, come down here."

Everytime she tells him to come downstairs it's either something she wants to ###### about but doesn't want to do in front of me. Yeah, mature. So instead I hear, "You need to go pick dad up from Barrington, his car broke down." My DH, being the good natured person he is, doesn't ask any questions, just says okay and comes up to tell me what's going on. I'm livid! Barrington is an hour away! And it's rush hour traffic!!! And he just walked in the gosh darned door! WE HAD PLANS! I don't care if I'm being selfish! For a change, I would just like to have uneventful weekend where our plans actually go as hoped!!! Anyway, DH has two other brothers with 10 minutes of us, one of which doesn't work and might I add, owes MIL/FIL over 3k! Why doesn't she have HIM do it? I'm sick of being the ones who get shafted all the time. What, because we live there, we are obligated to pretty much be the designated fall people?

So I tell DH that I'm not happy about this and even suggested that HE call his brother to get him to go and pick FIL up. If he won't do it, then fine, but at least try to get someone else to do it. DH says no, he'll just go, he doesn't want to deal with it. Deal with what?!

I'm just irritated with his family in general. His one brother is such a deadbeat. He owes everyone in the family money. His wife is really sleazy and refuses to get a job and when she does get one, she can only hold it a month before getting fired. His brother owes DH's parents SO much money its ridiculous. He promised to pay them off with his tax return this year. Did he? Of course not. He hasn't called them in two weeks! Nice, huh? His other brother is okay.. nice guy.. but his wife is a total drama queen, trouble maker. Always wants the latest gossip and always stirring things up, so we pretty much stay away unless it's a family gathering.

MIL/FIL are always running around, doing favors for everyone. They are decent people. MIL and I used to have a really great relationship before we lived here. But once we moved in, obviously we started to clash. She would accuse me of taking her clothes (not even close to being the same size), her BRAS (I'm a 38DD, she's a 38C), stupid things. Then she'd find her stuff and tell Pat, "Oh, tell her I found it, nevermind." No apology, nothing! How rude! You sit there and accuse me of STEALING, figure out you're wrong, but can't even apologize? Geez Louise!! With mostly everyone, they are pushovers. They let family and friends walk all over them. But we pay for everyone elses wrong doings. We NEVER ask for money (don't need to) or for favors from them. MIL watches DD for $120/week while we work. I don't consider that a favor at all! I could have her in nursery school for WAY less then that! And we certainly don't live here for free either! We pay 500/month for pretty much a bedroom and a bathroom. I just feel like we are kind of being taken advantage of. We moved in here because we needed help getting back on our feet. Everyone I tell how much we pay to them are shocked. Like, how can family charge you that much money??

I'm sorry this is so long. I just needed to vent!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

March 10th, 2006, 10:16 PM
mrobinson
March 11th, 2006, 11:49 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW.. that is horrible.. It made me realize how freaking lucky I am..
My soon to be MIL & FIL are great.. they let us live here for free and watch the baby when they arent working for free if we need to go anywhere.. and they give us things if we need them but we never ask..

You must have nerves of steal cuz I would have already punched the old hag.. It sounds like a freaking nightmare from H e l l
Why dont you guys just move out if your paying $500 rent there? Or do you live in a city and rent is uber expensive.. Either way I really really really hope things get better and your MIL stops being such a pain. and you and your DH get some alone time and go out..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search