Parents............

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I just Found Out Im expecting my first child, and couldnt be happier. SO I thought the first person I should tell is my mother. And What does She say, are you kidding me what is wrong with you you are an idoit go have an abortion before its too late.
Wait thats not it
I call my dad later last night, And when he answers I say Hi Grandpa (he thought I was calling him that bc of my nephew Blake) He starts to laugh, And I said No Dad Im Serious, And He flipped Out on me saying that the baby aint his grand child and that i should get rid of it cause hell have nothing to do with it becuase its a product of my husband.
See My Dad Doesnt get along with my hubby becuase of a few things like the age gap between us and the fact that i didnt tell my dad right away that i got married and becuase we moved to Tennessee for 6 months and he didnt know. But thats longer!!! Story!!
But My mom Has Always Known And signed the papers for me to get married (i was 16) I know what was i thinking am i crazy!! lol
Im just wondering what you guys would say or do if your parents said somethign like that to you?

Thanks For Listening
Amber
August 14th, 2009, 06:52 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that your parents aren't being supportive. If I may ask..how old are you and your DH??

I'm sure that they will come around...they were probably just shocked.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

August 14th, 2009, 07:27 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I know EXACTLY what you mean about unsupportive parents!!!! Its not easy, and its hurtful when they cant support you and let you make your own choices. (((HUGS))) Congrats on the pregnancy!!!!
August 14th, 2009, 11:34 AM
well i miscarried on wednesday!!!! unfortunatly! but im 18 and my hubby is 26.
To make things worse when i told my mom i lost the baby she goes oh okay bye. so my mom is now out of my life til she can act like a real mom cause when my briother knocked his girlfriend of 3 months up she was so estactic and he was only 19 and in and out of jail. so its just one of those times where its better to stay awway from here for now!!
But thanks for your help. i know they will be the same way next time we try!!
August 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Awww, I am sorry to hear about the M/C. (((HUGS))) I think your right about cutting off contact. Your much better off without that sort of influence on your life!! There isn't that huge of an age difference between you both. That is the exact same amount of difference in age between myself and my DH. How is your DH's family?
August 14th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i'm so sorry bout EVERYTHING!!!..... i'm sure everything will turn out fine,,, My mom was like that when i got prego the 1st time i was 21 & single... But she came around..Unfort. she is not with us anymore ( RIP MOM ) but i know she'd be happyier this time around.

August 14th, 2009, 07:15 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear about your m/c. Sending you HUGS!! It's sad that your family can't be more supportive..especially when you need them to be.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

August 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People say things that they do not mean. When I was pregnant with my son I had a few people tell me that abortion was the best idea because I did not want to get married to the father.

After my son was born those people came around and became a big part of my sons life and still are.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search