What is proper netiquette for blinkies?

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2006, 11:51 AM
semisweet
Because honestly I think anything more than a few blinkies in a signature is overkill. Why do you need 20??
March 13th, 2006, 03:32 PM
mrobinson

March 14th, 2006, 06:01 AM
proudmom3's Avatar Wait for it....
Send a message via Yahoo to proudmom3

LOL
FUNNY ONE...

Jessica: 18
Jordan: 11
Shaelyn: 7
Drake: 3

MeMe to Caleb: 23mos

TS to Lynsey: 9
March 16th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Blinkies are a way of expressing yourself to others. They represent your life, children, DH,job, views, causes and anything else you want someone to know. I search for the perfect ones that I think truly represent me and my life. I just don't put ones up that mean nothing.

I have a child with autism, I have children, I am a SAHM, my DH is an EMT/FF, I am TTC, I have had pregnancy losses, I have endo & PCOS, I am a HUGE fan of Jimmy Buffett....that is me!

What someone puts in their siggy is of their personal choice. I love what women have done to be creative in the way they are expressing themselves!

March 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM
semisweet
They just make me a little sick looking at them. All that motion doesn't do well for me. I installed adblock, so I can block them out now.

I'm just a little simpler, I guess. No glitter and glam here.
March 16th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
I love siggies, and blinkies, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

March 16th, 2006, 03:59 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
They just make me a little sick looking at them. All that motion doesn't do well for me. I installed adblock, so I can block them out now.

I'm just a little simpler, I guess. No glitter and glam here.[/b]
To add your point... I know it's hard for some to be on here and see wonderful pics of babes and kids after say a miscarriage... (I just took a sabbatical because I just heard haunting descriptions that burned images into my mind that made me cry everytime I seen one of those pics of kids...) I'm back now though!

You know, you can disable the pics too ~ ask me how!

March 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM
semisweet
I didn't mean to sound offensive. They literally make me a little sick looking at them. They were triggering migraines. A few don't seem to bother me. It just a large square of many blinking things that take up half the screen that start to trigger things.

I guess it's like someone who where's a lot of perfume. It's really strong and can bother some, physically bother them too. But hey, to each his own. I personally prefer something a bit simpler.

I figured out how to not get sick from it. I don't have to look at them when I use adblock.

I said something because it wasn't just an issue of personal preference. But hey, to each his own. Right? I can happily avoid what was making me sick.
March 16th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Exactly. And kudos on finding an alternative to the problem for you!

Some people like them, some don't. My DH is upset because I put them everywhere. I told him he doesn't need to go on my MySpace page or any of the forums I belong to. Then he just complains about the forums, calling us "hens" LOL.

March 17th, 2006, 08:42 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Exactly. And kudos on finding an alternative to the problem for you!

Some people like them, some don't. My DH is upset because I put them everywhere. I told him he doesn't need to go on my MySpace page or any of the forums I belong to. Then he just complains about the forums, calling us "hens" LOL.[/b]
My husband doesn't like them either... but my baby brother (17 and just about 18) has the worst interpretation of these... it's nothing more than completely mean and offensive about being handicapped.. So I understand not having support from family about these support groups!

semisweet - I agree with HollyF. KUDOS!
March 17th, 2006, 01:16 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH thinks they're neat but that's because I make my own. I've made several animated graphics for his websites including a man with his name on his shirt and the earth revolving around his head (a joke about how the world revolves around him) for his personal site and a sparkling dive flag.

I try and not make any that have drastic color changes or that move really fast because those are the ones that make my eyes hurt and I'd feel horrible if I made people sick with them.

March 19th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hehe... look at MY siggie....

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
March 19th, 2006, 08:22 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Hehe... look at MY siggie....[/b]

I am SO happy for you girl!
Congradulations!
March 19th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:

I'm just a little simpler, I guess. No glitter and glam here.[/b]
You can always disable siggies in your board settings, and then you wouldn't have to worry about them.
March 20th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I do change up my blinkies quite a bit on my siggy. Depends on the situation that is going on at the time I redo my siggy. But the ones about autism, TTC (until I get pg), FF/EMS, etc. are on there to stay! Actually if there was more room, I would have even more!
I just love blinkies though I could never get the hang of making the little things. I have downloaded PSP, read all the tutorials and everything. I just can't figure out how to put pictures on them.

RAWISNER I just love the siggies you make! You made mine wonderful! I couldn't have asked for a better job! When it comes closer to the time, could I ask you to make a 4th of July one? It is b/c my anniversary is on the 3rd & we make a big to-do about it. Plus, by then I might need to add a EDD (hopefully).

Oh and DH is coming around a little about the blinkies & graphics since I did his MySpace page. I found a lot of EMS/FF graphics for him!

March 20th, 2006, 08:10 AM
mrobinson
Holly?!?! Thanks for that suggestion... I have an anniversary coming up and I should get some old and new pics for it!
March 20th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Holly?!?! Thanks for that suggestion... I have an anniversary coming up and I should get some old and new pics for it![/b]
You're welcome for the suggestion.
I just love anything to do with the 4th of July & getting married on the 3rd and seeing the suburban fireworks that night was just amazing....plus we made our own fireworks later that night.....

March 20th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
I didn't mean to sound offensive. They literally make me a little sick looking at them. They were triggering migraines. A few don't seem to bother me. It just a large square of many blinking things that take up half the screen that start to trigger things.

I guess it's like someone who where's a lot of perfume. It's really strong and can bother some, physically bother them too. But hey, to each his own. I personally prefer something a bit simpler.

I figured out how to not get sick from it. I don't have to look at them when I use adblock.

I said something because it wasn't just an issue of personal preference. But hey, to each his own. Right? I can happily avoid what was making me sick.[/b]
Yeah its okay. I visited a website called Newgrounds that showcased flash artists work. Although sometimes people would put CRAP up (flashing colors, flashing images, etc.) then some people would complain in the reviews about how it was not good for the ones who were sensitive to it. And typically, those flashes get booted from the site. So although they don't bother me and they're cute, i am aware of the minority who are ultra sensitive.

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
March 20th, 2006, 05:00 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On a side note, HollyF I saw your myspace and let me say totally sweet. You really made my day and do you know why?

I haven't seen this in months

I made it last year for National Infertility Awareness week to use as a banner campaign here on JM for our board. I have the little version in my siggy.

ANyways, you just totally made my day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search