Fear Strikes Again!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I am so tired of everyone having problems with everything. Here's the newest: Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo is going to give you cancer! This was told to me by a concerned mother. I couldn't help my reply: "If you eat it?" My shampoo is way more toxic than that stuff, and I'm going on two decades of use. I'm live and kicking!

Next we'll be dropping dead from exposure to waterhose water or breathing in the scent of pine!

Last edited by Spyctre; August 25th, 2009 at 04:54 PM.
August 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I think saying it that way is a scare tactic. However, there is truth in her statement. The study of these results came out on 2007. Some of the chemicals which are used in those products does contain chemicals which can cause cancer. Do a google of 1,4-Dioxane, SLS, Propylene glycol. You would actually be surprised at how many personal care items you will find that stuff in, like hair care products, toothpaste, deodorant etc.
September 10th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Marlz.
Really well what the hell are we meant to do? stop brushing our teeth? Everything is going to give you cancer theses days.. but you will become a nut if you get paranoid about it all. My mother in law has just found out she has leukemia.. I love her very much she is one of the closest people in my life but now since she avoids most things that can give you cancer she will tell me.. seriously we changed our diet.. but even the fruit and veg are dipped in chemicals to ripen quicker and to make the color look brighter. Then the meat cow, chicken will be fed hormones or eat pesticides or whatever.. Whats safe?? We even by organic household cleaners..

Just choose what you thinks right for you and your family..

Plus everything thats good for you cost a fortune!
September 10th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I've very sorry about your aunt. I hope the treatments work well for her. I've had a couple aunts to pass away from the same type of cancer, but one was very elderly(late 70's) and the other was very young(5). I'll be praying for her.

I know, there is no way to get away from it. Chickens are fed arsenic. It gives them sore throats which makes them eat more. It's actually secreted in their waste, however, that gets into ground water. Arkansas had a contaminated ground water crisis a few years back because of it. Never trust water from them. They manufacture the most chickens.

What can we do besides grow our own food and slaughter our own cows? I'm sure there are cows out there not pumped with hormones, but since there will be less of those cows to go around, you know they'll charge a mint.

I also did research on the shampoo, before I even posted, and the chemicals in it are negligible. People stress out so much about stuff that they won't have a chance to get cancer. The coronaries will kill them first.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search